Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Polo's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

Radio Bob Approved
Protector
Joined
Jul 5, 2021
Messages
1,256
Steam Name: Polo
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:39958603

Name of the Admin you were banned by:
Fedora
How long is the ban for?:
1 Week.
The reason you were banned?:
'Mingery'
Why do you wish to be unbanned?:
I feel as if the situation is misinterpreted, my intent was not to minge, and although points can be made that I was ruining the seriousness of the RP going on at that time, I can say that assumptions have been made, of which includes the statements and evidence that Fedora provided: 1635873898561.png
1635874562955.png

And while at glance the images provided seem to paint me as a minge, there is a lack of context regarding the situation.

In response to the picture regarding my gender bias, that is entirely a coincidence. Three women lined up first, then another women came a couple minutes after the workshift announcement. There were 2 men behind this woman but you start from the front then down, you don't choose someone else just because there's too many 'women' or 'men'.

Not to mention, CWU workers can choose who go in, we are allowed to choose our workers, that is our ability as foreman as an example, some people may choose to exclude Vortigaunts from workshifts.
This is only exempt in priority workshifts.
Another point to be made is that 'no one' in the workshift cared about my way of roleplaying nor stated that what I was doing discomforted them, as you can check in the logs. Thomas Sanchez did say "wtf jimmy" but didn't elaborate further and didn't tell me to stop.

I wanted to enjoy my roleplay experience as much as possible, and Ferret was there on her civilian character , participating in the workshift, surely she would've objected if she believed my workshift to be an unpleasant experience. In fact, she saw the workshift being made as well as the sandwich altar, of which she made no remarks except for answering a question I had about how many sandwiches per table are to be made, of which she said '6'.

Commenting on the screenshot of which shows me yelling at the workers, I wanted to change the standard 'line up on the wall' and instead decided to make things more interesting and original for the standard worker.

On the second sentence, I said "swear allegiance to the sandwich...", After this line I typed /me appears to hesitate for a moment. Then I typed " And to the Union! " to maintain relevance towards the server and UU rule. The third sentence, "You can look toward the marvelous sandwich altar for guidance!" Was a gratified way of me saying 'use this as an example' I even stated that the sandwich was made out of plastic. In fact, a civil protection officer next to me stated " Can I have it? " and I said, " No! It's made out of plastic! "

I tried to interact with the workshift and make an interesting experience rather than a normal person yelling instructions to you without making anything new. If roleplay was like that then Willard would be like all the other HL2RP servers that died out.



Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:
They are in the #CWU-general channel, if they weren't deleted.

Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)

Xeric Ross ( Arrived Later in the workshift ), Thomas Sanchez ( Was there at the start ), Charis Ferret (Participating in the workshift on her Civilian Character [ Women that stutters ] ),



It is a shame that I have to make this appeal, where we can't simply entertain ourselves and instead need to listen to the SJW minority that can't handle change or modern entertainment, even if it is not their taste.
 

Attachments

  • 1635873925573.png
    1635873925573.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
I sent a picture of you 'performing magic' while floating on top of the 'sandwich altar' and yelling at the women to come so you can choose a 'heir' to some of my friends, and they think that Willard is a joke now.

That is all I have to say regarding this matter; I have provided all relevant logs and/or screenshots to members of staff already and they can get more logs on their own if they wish.

-Support
 
Last edited:
I sent a picture of you 'performing magic' while floating on top of the 'sandwich altar' and yelling at the women to come so you can choose a 'heir', and they think that Willard is a joke now.

That is all I have to say regarding this matter; I have provided all relevant logs and/or screenshots to members of staff already and they can get more logs on their own if they wish.

-Support
The magic trick was short lasting, perhaps 10 seconds at most. I yelled at the women at the end of the workshift, when I actually made a seat for myself.
 
I sent a picture of you 'performing magic' while floating on top of the 'sandwich altar' and yelling at the women to come so you can choose a 'heir' to some of my friends, and they think that Willard is a joke now.

That is all I have to say regarding this matter; I have provided all relevant logs and/or screenshots to members of staff already and they can get more logs on their own if they wish.

-Support
My last reply doesn't really support me in any way, however If you would have noticed the CWU manager and other CWU workers attending would've noticed if I was doing anything completely destructive towards the players entertainment. Unless they prefer standard RP without any differentation, I will continue to make things different even if they are not physically possible.

Every now and then people need a break from constant serious RP and I want to be the one to allow them that break. Nevertheless, none of the citizens out-right challenged me during the workshift and I changed it a bit to accommodate RP more accurately.

The image you sent was at the very start of the workshift and I think the RP was satisfactory for them even if it is semi-serious.

We shouldn't be constantly bound by serious rp and I think workshifts can be the dullest experience for a civilian as it involves constant grinding.
 
Hi Polo,

This is the evidence which I will push forward that shows your roleplay during the Workshift (and other logs before the workshift which shows your behaviour)

1635939042666.png
1635939082870.png
1635939107208.png
1635939138017.png
1635939181354.png

Evidence shows that before the workshift, you've been using the /actsit 6 command which gives the very poor sit animation (idk why we have it but it is funny) to show that you are performing "magic" in IC, which you shoulda only taken OOCly. This counts towards Mingery. I'm personally fine with people having fun in OOC but for an IC situation, it isn't the best. Shortly after that, you type in a meme that everyone knows in IC which is FailRP.

Only thing I do agree upon with this appeal is that you didn't specifically ask for woman, they were the only four that were at the front of the line as it is seen by the logs. However, you did not need to go on into your workshift and do the "sandwich altar" or whatever you was doing. You used /actsit 8 to "perform magic" in IC which is abit awkward for a workshift, I would not know why you would do that in IC.

Here is the screenshot that I sent you that you failed to bring up in your appeal:
unknown.png


We are trying to get people to have better quality of roleplay and this situation caused a new player to think of the server as a joke, pushing them away from the server rather then being involved and wanting to play. I wouldn't call this to be unique roleplay for everyone, it is just you messing around in a workshift. It isn't unique. I understand wanting to mess around, but not during a workshift. Do it more private.

"On the second sentence, I said "swear allegiance to the sandwich...", After this line I typed /me appears to hesitate for a moment. Then I typed " And to the Union! " to maintain relevance towards the server and UU rule. The third sentence, "You can look toward the marvelous sandwich altar for guidance!" Was a gratified way of me saying 'use this as an example' I even stated that the sandwich was made out of plastic. In fact, a civil protection officer next to me stated " Can I have it? " and I said, " No! It's made out of plastic! ""

This still doesn't make it right, even for the Union rule. Swear allegiance to the sandwich does not seem fitting of a Half Life roleplay scenario and I stated before, you make people think this server is semi-serious and a joke. This isn't what we want. There are plenty of ways to make unique workshifts, this isn't it.

"It is a shame that I have to make this appeal, where we can't simply entertain ourselves and instead need to listen to the SJW minority that can't handle change or modern entertainment, even if it is not their taste."

If this is how you approach to making an appeal thinking it is is a "SJW Minority", then you are greatly mistaken. The whole premise of the ban wasn't just becuase of woman, it is because of your poor attitude to roleplay. If we did listen to a SJW, we woulda banned half of the staff team already. This is not a good mind set to be in if you want to get unbanned and it shows your attitude.
 
Hi Polo,

This is the evidence which I will push forward that shows your roleplay during the Workshift (and other logs before the workshift which shows your behaviour)

View attachment 6289
View attachment 6290
View attachment 6291
View attachment 6292
View attachment 6293

Evidence shows that before the workshift, you've been using the /actsit 6 command which gives the very poor sit animation (idk why we have it but it is funny) to show that you are performing "magic" in IC, which you shoulda only taken OOCly. This counts towards Mingery. I'm personally fine with people having fun in OOC but for an IC situation, it isn't the best. Shortly after that, you type in a meme that everyone knows in IC which is FailRP.

Only thing I do agree upon with this appeal is that you didn't specifically ask for woman, they were the only four that were at the front of the line as it is seen by the logs. However, you did not need to go on into your workshift and do the "sandwich altar" or whatever you was doing. You used /actsit 8 to "perform magic" in IC which is abit awkward for a workshift, I would not know why you would do that in IC.

Here is the screenshot that I sent you that you failed to bring up in your appeal:
unknown.png


We are trying to get people to have better quality of roleplay and this situation caused a new player to think of the server as a joke, pushing them away from the server rather then being involved and wanting to play. I wouldn't call this to be unique roleplay for everyone, it is just you messing around in a workshift. It isn't unique. I understand wanting to mess around, but not during a workshift. Do it more private.

"On the second sentence, I said "swear allegiance to the sandwich...", After this line I typed /me appears to hesitate for a moment. Then I typed " And to the Union! " to maintain relevance towards the server and UU rule. The third sentence, "You can look toward the marvelous sandwich altar for guidance!" Was a gratified way of me saying 'use this as an example' I even stated that the sandwich was made out of plastic. In fact, a civil protection officer next to me stated " Can I have it? " and I said, " No! It's made out of plastic! ""

This still doesn't make it right, even for the Union rule. Swear allegiance to the sandwich does not seem fitting of a Half Life roleplay scenario and I stated before, you make people think this server is semi-serious and a joke. This isn't what we want. There are plenty of ways to make unique workshifts, this isn't it.

"It is a shame that I have to make this appeal, where we can't simply entertain ourselves and instead need to listen to the SJW minority that can't handle change or modern entertainment, even if it is not their taste."

If this is how you approach to making an appeal thinking it is is a "SJW Minority", then you are greatly mistaken. The whole premise of the ban wasn't just becuase of woman, it is because of your poor attitude to roleplay. If we did listen to a SJW, we woulda banned half of the staff team already. This is not a good mind set to be in if you want to get unbanned and it shows your attitude.
The First log evidence isn't even when the workshift started, that was with Charis Ferret when she was on her CWU char and I was ONLYwith Charis Ferret at that time.

I apologise for not being a 100% serious roleplayer, and even you state my actions as being funny, also the 'magic' you say I was performing was me simply doing /actsit and nothing more and it shocks me that is considered minging. If I were abusing my PET and using my physgun IC,

I'm also shocked that I was not warned at all or communicated with either.

I can understand how **SOME** of my actions may be considered fail-rp, but you don't ban a person for doing an actsit without a chair nearby do you? I am sure that you have dealt with worse people and handed out lesser punishments.
 
Hi Polo,

Over the past few days, as a community, we want to focus on overall roleplay quality as this is an issue we currently face; what your RP was, is the definition of what we would call poor portrayal / RP. Now, I understand you may have not been aware; or attempting to make a laugh for comedic effect, we all aim for that, I have many characters at my disposal in which I hop on to have a laugh with my mates, along with making the community members laugh. However, the key difference between that is I do not break any rules, nor do anyone with a similar goal in mind. Due to this, I'll be denying this appeal for now; it's a week, which may seem a rather long-time, but you have five-days of your ban left, I would appreciate it if you look into possibly adapting your character over this time, how can you fulfil your initial aim with this character all while not ruining the immersion / fun of other players? It's possible, it is.

But TL;DR, this appeal is denied for now.

Of course, if you do have any issues / questions with this; just shoot me a forum RP, I would be more then happy to elaborate further on why we have came to this conclusion, and I would also be interested in assisting you if you have any general questions on how to avoid behaviour like this in the future! :)
 

Attachments

  • 1636127332487.png
    1636127332487.png
    385.5 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top