Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Denied Poor Quality Denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

FungletheBungle

Catholic
SS Manager
Administrator
GALUNGA
Joined
Oct 28, 2018
Messages
236
That was a poor quality denial.
@Astro
Key
Informative
Excuses
Admission of fault
Truth


Hey Fungle,

Unfortunately, after deliberation, we have decided to deny your reinstatement to the staff team on the main server. This denial is not based on any moral argument against your faith. We have discussed and found that your treatment of those individuals would not suit a staff member in the current ecosystem in the moderation team. We are rooted in the basis that, because of our multiculturalism and human decency, we have to be respectful of all walks of life regardless of faith, gender, race, or political stance. Furthermore, your activity is non-existent so it would be very nepotistic of us to reintroduce you to the team without anything to actually show for it.

I understand your removal may not have adhered to the standards or protocols set at that time, but we do not believe it is in our best interest to reinstate you on the main server. However, Short Stories is not under my jurisdiction, so I implore you to contact Ekrell directly if you wish to be reinstated there.

This denial is not based on any moral argument against your faith.
It seems entirely personal and the personal argument stems from this.

your treatment of those individuals would not suit a staff member in the current ecosystem in the moderation team
There isn't source for this and if it relates to "the incident" then that was over 3 years ago, I was already punished and I have apologized on multiple occasions to multiple people who have accepted said apologies and set aside differences

Furthermore, your activity is non-existent so it would be very nepotistic of us to reintroduce you to the team without anything to actually show for it.
Forgive me for not playing on the main server which had the majority of people who were prejudiced against me, I was hoping to rejoin after enough time had passed for people to cool off.

Additionally the reference to "nepotism" is condescending considering how often people in other situations (see later) have not had to deal with the shear amount of scrutiny I have had to while also never being given the chance to come back.

I understand your removal may not have adhered to the standards or protocols set at that time
Please do not use the term "may", we both know otherwise.

but we do not believe it is in our best interest to reinstate you on the main server
The only statement of actual substance. I broke no rules, wished no one harm. By the principles and rules of the server I should be reinstated. You know this but seem to have made this choice under presuppositions of my character.

This is a denial with no real reason for said denial except personal prejudice. I was told to put in effort to the appeal but I don't see the same level of curtesy in your response.

Spine gets second chances
Alex gets second chances
Robert gets second chances
Merlinsclaw gets second chances
Rad gets second chances
It's Liam gets second chances
Hayden gets second chances
Neonity gets second chances
Mullin gets second chances
Redhot gets second chances
Denuke gets second chances
Kaffee get second chances
Many, many others get second chances, if not third, fourth and fifth!

Tell me why I should be any different without mentioning personal prejudice
You make me more of a boogie man every time you put me in this position.
I simply want to be judged by the same standards that everyone else is.
I just want to run events again.


P.S.
Generally to others who can see this, and specifically @Cengiz, unnecessary commentary and reaction emotes to this appeal are unhelpful and come off as cruel.
 
I appreciate your dissection of my denial.

I was trying to be courteous and did not wish to use harsh language. But in the end, your behavior then was absolutely deplorable. I do not know you, I can only base my information on the facts I was given and the information I can recall from that time. The fact of the matter is you harbored actively damaging commentary to be seen by the public. You were punished then, and I reserve the right to withhold your rank from the main server. This is not a punishment and is simply an action that I hold within my discretion.

Your behavior ended in members of the community leaving and to this day have not returned. I am not comfortable in bring you back into the fold, your name will only tarnish my team and the public perception of them. The only people who have been given "second chances" under my management are those who have already gone through the application process and have been thoroughly vetted. You have not gone through an application, and you only make these appeals to supersede the application process which I will not allow. You did not leave on good terms, you do not deserve the luxury others may not be afforded.

You claim personal prejudice, yet I am a Catholic man myself who held the same views you once had. I do not share these same views anymore, but it gives me a special insight into your faith and character, so I can understand where you are coming from. You assume a lot which is not true.

You are not returning to the main server in any staffing capacity. Do not make another appeal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top