Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rabithunter - bad faith, unrealistic action of character, abuse of observer.

Eviction Notice

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Jul 9, 2021
Messages
261
During a routine expedition towards the Vort Temple to collect seeds, a few fighters ambushed a CLC-truck driving through rebel territory. Upon being asked to leave the truck under gunpoint, @Rabithunter's character took an excessive amount of time to comply with demands despite the obvious rush due to civil-protection presence in the area. The truck was then frozen by Rabit with the following reasons given:

'you aren't driving this truck because you might kill someone'
'how do you even know what you're doing?'
'because I said so'

1713718801119.png
1713718840341.png

None of these are particularly good reasons to force-freeze a vehicle that is being jacked with a phsygun and impose your staff position to deny roleplay to players. You can't expect players to take the initiative to create roleplay scenarios for others if they're going to be denied immediately because it isn't ideal. After we were forced to vacate due to civil-protection presence, a staff-member phsygunned the vehicle away from the scene, further adding to the unrealistic and unimmersive scenario taking place.

Upon request of the staff-members name to file a report I was refused and had to seek a third-party to collect it for me...

1713718876396.png
1713718885646.png

Following our attempts to instead take the CLC member hostage because we were refused the vehicle, Rabit decided to throw the character they're playing off the cliff instead of going-along with the situation, a completely unrealistic action and not valuing of a character's wellbeing- also another case of refusing potential further roleplay that could transpire. UPDATE: fairly certain Rabithunter entered noclip after jumping off the cliff, please check logs for this.

1713719195015.png

In conclusion:

- Rabithunter took an excessive amount of time to obey commands under gunpoint of several others, potential of purposeful stalling present.
- Rabithunter's actions denied further-roleplay that could be taken by resistance forces using the truck or the character that Rabithunter is playing.
- Rabithunter refused to provide their username for this report to be made, forcing me to contact a third party.
- Rabithunter did not take into account the wellbeing of one's character by throwing her off a cliff.

Full logs are below:

1713719410022.png
1713719494828.png
1713719553263.png

YT video of slight aftermath, also shows the vehicle being physgunned away and the time Rabithunter's character jumped off a cliff (and potentially observed away):
 
Last edited:
Hello,

I will respond to this shortly to provide a breakdown of what has been discussed internally within our discord amongst staff.
 
So I was the one overseeing this when it happened and here is the story from my observer POV:
  1. CLC Driver (Rabit) with his truck drives up the hill following a set route, which unknown to his Char, is blocked by a massive rock which he never reached.
  2. He stops in his tracks due to 2 rebels appearing with 1 of the two rebels pulling their gun after a few seconds
  3. This rebel asks him to get out the vehicle, weapon raised. All is good so far
  4. Another 3 rebels show up, those 1 or 2 of those rebels continue walking as not interested, but the 3rd which was @Cengiz appeared on scene, seeing what was going on.
  5. The rebel who told Rabit to exit the vehicle within a few seconds decides to walk up to the truck without warning or roleplay, nor waiting on Rabits response to the first message decides to jump into the passenger seat.
    1. First instance of something being truly wrong in this scenario as a super low effort action was taken- the rebel in question, Daniel Levi, should've RP'ed his action and given a chance for the Driver to react- but doing this without RP stopped 3 potential actions from happening that the driver could've originally taken.
  6. Rabit, deciding to act as a player in this scenario at first (given the incognito they were using to hide admin icons from LOOC chat) got out of the vehicle without confronting Daniel on the lack of RP in this case.
    1. Just for context: Me and Cengiz in this scenario were merely watching to see what happens, hence why we also did not yet intervene.
  7. After some time and Rabit's char being ziptied, Daniel Levi and Kanto wanted to take the truck, to which Rabit told them no due to the fact that the truck had the capability of turning into a prop kill device due to the custom trailer added onto its back
    1. This was discussed amongst the staff internal thread as something can could've been disconnected and removed with the Rebels only being allowed to take the Truck and not the whole thing, but at the same time point 5 does add a level of questionable effort and faith in such a decision.
  8. Arguments occur with what has been posted in the original post above and the truck is left behind and deleted by myself with Rabit being taken hostage.
  9. The 3rd rebel who was with the other two, Cengiz, decided to tell Rabit's char ICly to run away as he ICly felt that what they were doing was more or less wrong.
Now based on the staff thread, we have come up with the following conclusions.

A) Rabit should've given the Staff name over when Kanto first originally asked for it and that would've instantly resolved any further arguments there early on.
B) The truck could've had its props deleted and then taken, but again the RP behind the situation was lacking and some parts outright missing falling under a rulebreak regarding actions being RP'd which falls under Powergame/FailRP
C) The Truck was supposedly locked prior but this was not mentioned to the Players, nor was it mentioned in RP at any point in time.
D) There should have been some prior foresight that Rebels would've attempted to take the vehicle and thus, if not made to be stolen, should've made the precautions necessary to avoid a situation like this.
E) Rabit's char by all rights prior to the 0 RP revolving around Daniel Levi getting into the vehicle, he could've A. Run over the Rebels, B. Reverse back at speed which may of damaged the trailer, C. Lock the door in RP using the inbuilt locking mechanism cars have, D. Reacting & Complying without any further risk or complication.

Overall, we can agree that the truck should've at least been able to be taken, but also note the lack of RP in said process of doing so. And that Rabit should've provided the name to avoid the further arguments around that.

All involved have been spoken to on the staff side and hope this suffices as to what occurred. Will leave the thread open for further comments.
 
Hello

I'll add a few things in here for myself just to give some clarification.

I didn't want you guys to have the truck, in case the situation of props flying from the custom trailer I made for the event started to go haywire and kill those around the truck or driving it. This has happened many times and had I not been there to see it in its entirety it may have taken longer to remove the truck and trailer.

You mention me taking time to obey orders given and yes it took me a bit longer to do so. I did however comply icly, whilst also trying to deal with the ooc aspects of saying no to you guys having the truck as the event runner myself. Robert did interviene by removing the truck and trailer for me when you took me hostage and started on our way, away from the location.

I did take into account my chars well being by complying with the orders given, until most of you ran off into the distance and leaving me with one rebel. This rebel was played by @Cengiz who whispered to me, telling me to simply flee from the scene. I then said okay, whch you can hear me saying icly in the video you posted. From there I ran back towards the location where I was originally taken hostage and ran down the lesser gradient cliff side, allowing me to then run across the river and hide, eventually taking my leave and ending the event.

[2024-04-21 17:15:12] [W] Aydin Akbaş: Flee.
[2024-04-21 17:15:18] [IC] Jade Masters: Okay!


I didnt give you my name oocly at the time as by that point I was already taking time by explaining things oocly and didnt want to further obstruct or stall in the RP. I tend to give information in as brief a manner as possible when RPing, as not to disrupt it too much and preventing the flow of any given situation. Apologies for not telling you immediately.

[2024-04-21 17:12:01] [LOOC] Jade Masters: btw, oocly you're not driving this truck. Sorry
[2024-04-21 17:12:35] [LOOC] Jade Masters: because I said no. Incase you kill someone with it
[2024-04-21 17:13:59] [LOOC] Jade Masters: because im the admin who told you no. Sorry but im saying you cannot drive it, not to mention icly how do you know what you're doing?
[2024-04-21 17:14:19] [LOOC] Jade Masters: doesnt matter

If you wish for me to add any further information, if you feel I haven't given enough in this thread, then please let me know. I may take a while to reply as im about to start working nights from tonight, doing so for the next three nights.

Cheers!

--Edit-- Just a brief addition here as I noticed the title of this thread. You say I abused observer, though I dont know how this is the case. From the start tothe end of this event, I didn't use observer once to check things/fly off/leave the situation. Can you help me understand what the issues are pertaining to me using observer?
 

Attachments

  • 1713796462587.png
    1713796462587.png
    13 KB · Views: 0
Just a brief addition here as I noticed the title of this thread. You say I abused observer, though I dont know how this is the case. From the start tothe end of this event, I didn't use observer once to check things/fly off/leave the situation. Can you help me understand what the issues are pertaining to me using observer?

Purely speculation on my end. I had the impression you leapt down the cliff face and followed the water where I should've been able to see you following my look down towards it. If this isn't the case, all's well.

Information provided is all-good!
 
Hi,

Neonity is on Leave of Absence. I will be taking the mantle of this thread. I'll be coordinating with some of my peers and we'll talk about this issue at hand. Apologies for the delay. Cheers.
 
To me, this whole situation could have clearly been avoided from the very beginning. The whole point of being a member of staff is to provide fealty to the server, and given that I've read through this twice now, I'll give you my following vocal statement:

'you aren't driving this truck because you might kill someone'
'how do you even know what you're doing?'
'because I said so'

Rabit, I know you'll read this and I'll say this --- if anyone of us did this, we'd be labelled not in good light and get the same treatment on this thread. We cannot use the "because I can" as an excuse to validate our actions. We are empirical, we are healthcare. We start misrepresenting ourselves, then we lose player trust. That's how it goes.

I didn't want you guys to have the truck in case the situation of props flying from the custom trailer I made for the event started to go haywire and kill those around the truck or driving it.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. We have alternative potentialities to look into that. A truck is a truck, it's a Q Item spawn. If the rebels cannot do what they out to do, people won't join to play and act part of the role. We're open to that, as a server that invites that kind of RP. It would be best talking about how things are described and what the dangers are, rather than dismissing them.

Upon request of the staff-members name to file a report I was refused and had to seek a third-party to collect it for me...
[2024-04-21 17:12:01] [LOOC] Jade Masters: btw, oocly you're not driving this truck. Sorry
[2024-04-21 17:12:35] [LOOC] Jade Masters: because I said no. Incase you kill someone with it
[2024-04-21 17:13:59] [LOOC] Jade Masters: because im the admin who told you no. Sorry but im saying you cannot drive it, not to mention icly how do you know what you're doing?
[2024-04-21 17:14:19] [LOOC] Jade Masters: doesnt matter

Inexcusable.

---

These are the only issues I have, the rest are explained well and Robert put his piece in. I'm taking this internally now - we didn't reform the way we work for no reason with the rest. You'll be contacted privately as to the action taken place. It's an abuse of trust and capability and that riles me up. It may have happened in April and we've been far too busy looking into it until now, but I take this matter quite seriously.

Cheers.
 
Back
Top