Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ration Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silta

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Mar 20, 2021
Messages
147
A very niche suggestion but instead of ration packages disappearing and items popping in your inventory, how about they are 2 slot containers similar to a suitcase or bag? It'd be interesting to see people try to hide things inside rations and players can dispose of them or use them for crafting if they really don't want them taking a slot in their inventory.

I know it's a small niche suggestion but I thought it'd be interesting to see how people implement it in RP or items.
 
A very niche suggestion but instead of ration packages disappearing and items popping in your inventory, how about they are 2 slot containers similar to a suitcase or bag? It'd be interesting to see people try to hide things inside rations and players can dispose of them or use them for crafting if they really don't want them taking a slot in their inventory.

I know it's a small niche suggestion but I thought it'd be interesting to see how people implement it in RP or items.
We've already considered giving inventories to many items, ranging from rations to other items like request devices (for advanced crafting or salvaging where you gotta 'unlock' the inventory with a tool like a screwdriver and then drag the components out), but a concern was raised over the number of inventory IDs that it'll create and whether helix would be able to handle them.
That being said, we'll probably look into this when we begin working on the item production overhaul.
I'll leave this open for now since we're not processing suggestions, and so others can give feedback/ideas.
 
I had an idea that weapons could function as a container, like in DayZ where you can occupy each slot with a different attachment. There'd be no more ammo counter, everything would be loaded into magazines that are items in your inventory. Every gun would have a 'chamber' slot where you can put an individual bullet in for +1 capacity, or load the gun normally if it's internal (like a revolver or mosin). So even if you don't have the magazine to a gun you found, you can still shoot it one bullet at a time.
 
A very niche suggestion but instead of ration packages disappearing and items popping in your inventory, how about they are 2 slot containers similar to a suitcase or bag? It'd be interesting to see people try to hide things inside rations and players can dispose of them or use them for crafting if they really don't want them taking a slot in their inventory.

I know it's a small niche suggestion but I thought it'd be interesting to see how people implement it in RP or items.
I like this idea. 2 things though.
1. This would be abused heavily, as I can already see a bunch of players just using these to take up 1 slot in there inventory for 2, profiting space by +1
2. I would really only see this being salvaged and not being used as a little container.
Nonetheless, great suggestion.
 
A very niche suggestion but instead of ration packages disappearing and items popping in your inventory, how about they are 2 slot containers similar to a suitcase or bag? It'd be interesting to see people try to hide things inside rations and players can dispose of them or use them for crafting if they really don't want them taking a slot in their inventory.

I know it's a small niche suggestion but I thought it'd be interesting to see how people implement it in RP or items.
The only thing I'd suggest ontop of this is a limit, maybe based on a skill, to the maximum number of ration packs that have storage slots (to prevent Donavin's first point)
 
Denied.
We have plans on adding this along with a bunch of other things to compliment it as I mentioned in my first post, however alone it wouldn't be of much use and would probably be too OP if people can just put any item they want in there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top