Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rats, Rats, Big as Bloody Cats, Rats In The Quartermasters Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Botulism

Really Corrupt
Joined
Jun 19, 2023
Messages
435
Hey, can the GM or whoever who keeps playing as a bunch of NPC rats stop spawning them? Really annoying and immersion breaking, thanks.

the sopranos hbo GIF
 
Agreed, if you just spam NPCs and jump onto me with the controller you're ruining RP, not enhancing it

If you actually RPd with /mes it'd be a different thing, but you don't, so STOP
 
Agreed, if you just spam NPCs and jump onto me with the controller you're ruining RP, not enhancing it

If you actually RPd with /mes it'd be a different thing, but you don't, so STOP
We actually had an interesting good bit of RP with like 5 citizens and a cop talking in the streets yesterday, it was a bit tense as all public convos in HL2RP are but it had a good flow, then some dumbass badmin comes in with a bunch of rats and causes a ruckus. It's stupid, it's not realistic, it makes the mood less serious, and it just resulted in the cop (and me) having to stomp them all out. I would be fine if they roleplayed like a singular headcrab or a small amount of them, since yknow, that's an actual Half Life appropriate creature,

But rats? C'mon, seriously?

It's just dumb, ridiculous, and it has to go.
 
I can't talk for Eski's rat activities because I have zero involvement with that, but I've been running a mini arc for the CMRU regarding a pseudo-plague that has more symptoms relating to Xen spores. I drop 3-4 rats somewhere (definitely not an insane amount), pass by a CMRU employee, and hope they do something about it.

I understand the gripe about /me's and /it's, but that's actually how it began. I tried to offer decent bits of RP with /it's and /me's during the beginning, but it was often interrupted by people (mostly CPs) charging in and smashing them with batons with zero RP just because 'Oh no, an NPC'. I stopped putting as much effort in the /it's and just made them something in the background, but honestly I haven't done any stuff with rats in the past week (approximately) because nobody takes the time to RP it or ask 'where are the rats coming from?'

When you put no effort in yourself, you aren't going to get paragraphs of explanations given to you off a silver spoon. I stopped outright to prioritize other things at this point, and I'm just letting the CMRU do their research so they can finalize this RP and be done with the arc.
 
Sure. I’ll make an announcement.

However, for future complaints, I’d rather have them go to myself or Cengiz first to have them resolved in a readily manner. We aren’t omnipresent, we can’t help out if you don’t let us know about your issues. I would understand if it wasn’t resolved, but skipping to a public forum post to chastise my team isn’t it.

If you genuinely have an issue with something, let us know beforehand. I’d much rather speak to someone one on one than having to make forum posts such as this one. It’s a waste of time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top