Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Implemented Recipe changes for Crafting.

MisterMysteryMan

Active member
Joined
Aug 9, 2024
Messages
101
Hi all.

After a while of getting re-familiar with rebel roleplay, I've noticed some problems regarding the crafting system and how you craft items. I'm going to go through the recipes I believe need to be changed and I will propose my recipes instead, I will try to make these as fair and balanced as I can. Let's start off with a bang.



ADHESIVE:

Adhesive is by far the most important item in your Rebel crafting experience, it's required for almost every mid to high-tier item you want to make. Lacking Adhesive, however, will put you at a steep roadblock; it also doesn't help when there are no stores open or available to retrieve the items required to make Adhesive, so you almost have to get lucky.

Let's look at the Recipe needed to make both normal and strong Adhesive:


Makeshift Adhesive:
Station: N/A
Tools: N/A
1x Erebus Mucus
3x Leeches


I want to ask you something, and I want you to be perfectly honest, when was the last time you ever saw anyone with Erebus Mucus? Because of the extremely rare Mucus, makeshift Adhesive is practically unobtainable, so I'd like to offer a solution for this.

Makeshift Adhesive (My Version):
Station: N/A
Tools: N/A
1x Breen water + Artificial paste mix:
4x Leeches
1x wood stick (for mixing)


Think about this logically, Adhesive is sticky, right? And the artificial paste offered to its citizens is hardly different from glue. so if you mix the Artificial paste with Breen water (Or regular water, but for balance's sake I'd understand if you limited it to Breen water) a mix in leeches to give it a thicker consistency, you can create a glue-like substance.

You may argue that this makes Adhesive really easy to make, I won't deny that this is much easier, however, this comes at the cost of your rations, also requiring scissors to make a water bottle for leeches, and to create a wood stick (This also gives wooden sticks some use) so it's not for free. You're also forgetting to mention that normal Adhesive these days is basically useless. So if we wanted to turn this into strong Adhesive, I'd propose.


1x Makeshift strong Adhesive (Via Mixer):
Station: Mixer
Tools: N/A
3x Makeshift Adhesive.



So in order to create strong Adhesive, you'd need to sacrifice: 3 rations, 12 leeches, 3 wood sticks, and also possess a Mixer to create this, all to create ONE measly bottle of Strong Adhesive that will quickly be used. I think this is a fair trade-off, it's quite expensive and difficult to make, but not completely impossible. I hope the Adhesive crisis/depression will be alleviated once stores open, or a vendor is created.

Oven:

Once you hit level 20 in crafting, you now carry the crafting prowess to create a rusty, shitheap of an Oven! The only problem is that to create steel, you need Level 30 in crafting... Seriously? Let's take a look at the Item description.

"Looks terrible, IS terrible"

We can immediately infer that this is not a well-made Oven, not in the slightest. So why on earth does it require extremely high-quality metal that you're unable to create until 10 levels into the future? It makes zero sense. Here's what I propose.

Rusty oven assembly kit:
Station: Crafting workbench
Tools: N/A
4x box of screws
4x Iron
2x electronic scrap
2x plastic garbage


I think this is a fair change, it's still costly, yet it's something a level 20 crafting enthusiast can do. The oven will also cost 8 screws in total.

Beanie:

More of a nitpick, so I'll keep it brief, the requirements to make a Beanie are:

Beanie:
Station: N/A
Tools: Scissors
1x Stitched Cloth
1x Strong Adhesive


Why the need for the Adhesive? You already have the cloth, you already have the scissors, so why bother with the Adhesive? It's more annoying once you take into the fact how expensive and rare Adhesive are these days. I personally would just remove the Adhesive requirement and have it only require stitched cloth.

Lighter:

You're unable to Craft a lighter, which, in this map, where you're constantly freezing your balls off because you have no means to start a fire, would be REALLY great. But this might be more of a "No-Stores" problem than a "Unable to craft it" problem. If I could recommend a recipe it'd be:

Makeshift lighter:
Station: N/A
Tools: N/A
2x Plastic Garbage
1x unrefined Chemicals


Toolkit:


Again, more of a nitpick. With how valuable and important Toolkits are, 3 bottles of strong Adhesive is a bit much considering how quickly it goes, if it was reduced to 2, I think that'd be fairer, but I wouldn't be upset if devs looked at me and said: "Lol, lmao even."

Screws:

Screws are also extremely important, they're required in basically every recipe also, almost as much as scrap metal. The only problem is that they are much rarer than scrap. They don't often drop, and when they do, it's usually only one. If screws were a more frequent drop, or they dropped more than one, this could fix the problem or screw shortages very quickly.

Jacket/clothing:

Back to the topic of clothing, or should I say "Lack off". Besides Beanies, rebels are unable to make any piece of clothing, of any kind that does not scream "I AM A TERRORIST! PLEASE SHOOT ME!" (It'd also be nice if these clothes received insulation if they hadn't had it already) This will be problematic if you're trying to blend in, so if we were given the option to make our own clothes, or used stitched cloths/fabric to insulate our jumpsuits, that's great.

I'd also like to recommend the creation of a "Tailor" workbench, which will allow rebels to create shops dedicated to making clothes since most of the high-quality clothing will be locked behind this Tailor workbench (I figure it should probably be less expensive than a crafting workbench, maybe require more cloth, less metal)

And that is currently it for now! If you have any other suggestions/critiques, feel free to place them down below.

TL;DR: Adhesive: the rant.
 
Last edited:
real and trve. #saverebels #makeadhesiveswithpastewaterandleeches
Mr. Electric, SEND THIS MAN TO THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE AND HAVE HIM EXPELLED!

All in all, good post. The crafting recipes should be simplified so rebels can make makeshift weapons a tiny bit more easily.
 
I agree partly on the erebus mucus recipe, but I don't think it has to be removed. It's a rarer item which doesn't retract from crafting by existing.
More ways to get adhesive could be looked at, although a lot of the economy at the moment revolves around the CWU for the event.

The rest is more for the dev/balance team to look at, but it seems like good feedback overall.

Stay tuned and the arc will begin to pick up fast.
 
ADHESIVE:
There's only one adhesive type btw, that is the strong one (orange)

Your best bet to get adhesives and/or toolkits easily is to trade scrap items with the CWU for whatever item you need or want.

Getting rebel items is not impossible, but its a very slow progress overall and imo, that's good.
 
I agree partly on the erebus mucus recipe, but I don't think it has to be removed. It's a rarer item which doesn't retract from crafting by existing.
More ways to get adhesive could be looked at, although a lot of the economy at the moment revolves around the CWU for the event.

The rest is more for the dev/balance team to look at, but it seems like good feedback overall.

Stay tuned and the arc will begin to pick up fast.
You're probably right, The mucus doesn't need to be removed, but it should at least be retrievable. With how important and valuable Adhesive is, there should be multiple ways to get it. I believe my proposed change can still co-exist with the Mucus. I think it should harder to get, but gives greater yields (1 Mucus vs 3 rations) etc.

There's only one adhesive type btw, that is the strong one (orange)

Your best bet to get adhesives and/or toolkits easily is to trade scrap items with the CWU for whatever item you need or want.

Getting rebel items is not impossible, but its a very slow progress overall and imo, that's good.
Not really true, unless you're excluding makeshift Adhesive. The problem with what you're proposing is, what if I'm already marked as an Anti-Citizen? What do I do then?

I'm not trying to take away the grind from Rebel RP, every alternative I proposed is still time-consuming (Aside from the Beanie, needing Adhesive when you already have the cloth and scissors is stupid) it's just that at this current moment, Adhesive is too hard to come by.
 
Not really true, unless you're excluding makeshift Adhesive. The problem with what you're proposing is, what if I'm already marked as an Anti-Citizen? What do I do then?
There's only one adhesive type, it's been updated. The makeshift craft with the mucus should give you the same strong adhesive like all other adhesive recipes.
 
There's only one adhesive type, it's been updated. The makeshift craft with the mucus should give you the same strong adhesive like all other adhesive recipes.
They are all the same adhesive

Literally only one type. The name of the recipe effects nothing
 
Also will only make some changes here. Adhesive was already fixed for anyone reading its recipe
 
Makeshift Adhesive (My Version):
Station: N/A
Tools: N/A
1x Breen water + Artificial paste mix:
4x Leeches
1x wood stick (for mixing)
Semi accepted.

1x Makeshift strong Adhesive (Via Mixer):
Station: Mixer
Tools: N/A
3x Makeshift Adhesive.
Denied, there is only strong adhesive. Nothing below it.

Rusty oven assembly kit:
Station: Crafting workbench
Tools: N/A
4x box of screws
4x Iron
2x electronic scrap
2x plastic garbage
Semi Accepted

Beanie:
Station: N/A
Tools: Scissors
1x Stitched Cloth
1x Strong Adhesive
Given Beanie being the strongest cold resistance item, and its overall economic cost - the sale price must match the crafting cost. Cost updated to match its efficiency.


Makeshift lighter:
Station: N/A
Tools: N/A
2x Plastic Garbage
1x unrefined Chemicals
Used to have this and was not good for economy- just got spammed. Tinderbox is your best bet and stores are open, just only at set times of the day and depends on store stock. Many rebels/slummers have crafted the Tinderbox to light fires of their own as it is relatively easy to craft.

Screws:

Screws are also extremely important, they're required in basically every recipe also, almost as much as scrap metal. The only problem is that they are much rarer than scrap. They don't often drop, and when they do, it's usually only one. If screws were a more frequent drop, or they dropped more than one, this could fix the problem or screw shortages very quickly.
Increased screw drop rate.

Jacket/clothing:

Back to the topic of clothing, or should I say "Lack off". Besides Beanies, rebels are unable to make any piece of clothing, of any kind that does not scream "I AM A TERRORIST! PLEASE SHOOT ME!" (It'd also be nice if these clothes received insulation if they hadn't had it already) This will be problematic if you're trying to blend in, so if we were given the option to make our own clothes, or used stitched cloths/fabric to insulate our jumpsuits, that's great.

I'd also like to recommend the creation of a "Tailor" workbench, which will allow rebels to create shops dedicated to making clothes since most of the high-quality clothing will be locked behind this Tailor workbench (I figure it should probably be less expensive than a crafting workbench, maybe require more cloth, less metal)
This will take some time, but can be done for only a few pieces of clothing. Nothing fancy just basic enough to help out in civilian clothing styles.
 
Back
Top