RED FOREST FEEDBACK

Loved tormenting people, I couldn't make it to the end but I did get to see the group arriving to the nexus. Especially loved the part where the rubble exploded and a huge horde of zombies started rushing down the group forcing them to leave anyone that was not fast enough behind (rip the caveman).

cool event, but y'all gotta buff the Abzat gun, so big and scary for nothing fr

cool event, but y'all gotta buff the Abzat gun, so big and scary for nothing fr
I checked the person using the abzat gun. Their skill was too low.

Requires a flat out 50 out of 50 gun skill, full max to actually do its real performance and damage. This is because the gun is a meme when you find the correct fire mode...

I checked the person using the abzat gun. Their skill was too low.

Requires a flat out 50 out of 50 gun skill, full max to actually do its real performance and damage. This is because the gun is a meme when you find the correct fire mode...
1679831240943.png

During my tenure as CT I tend to not get a lot of roleplay done as I've been favouring doing GM and answering tickets. The Red Forest allows me to participate as a participant which I'm thankful for considering the rarity nowadays. It's been a special boon to me seeing as I was able of roleplaying a Vortigaunt my favourite role in a HL2:RP setting.

At the start of the event I awaited several minutes in patience to see if the other Vortigaunt would return from themselves being AFK. As they went by; It looking like they weren't going to appear back from AFK status, I decided to poke my head out into the event proper itself. And I have to say the atmosphere was wonderfully bleak, a total contrast of what I had ever experienced here on Willard. Moving outwards I decided to do some scavenging roleplay, and was immediately oversighted by an administrator who created an atmospheric event within the little hovel that I was within.

The first few encounters that I had was on the belief that there would be antagonistic parties within the fog. To my surprise, none did. All were effectively tired people of different backgrounds banding together to bivouac the badlands and survive. It allowed for some notable interactions. One of which I've enjoyed was my Vortigaunt attempting to keep UNION-9, the functionary whose legs were blown off by a hunter's flechettes, alive. With the help of others we actually managed for a bit. Others that I also enjoyed interacting with at depth and length were the other Vortigaunts. I was incredibly happy to see other Vortigaunts and to roleplay with them on my own character.

I can't tell you how many times we were traveling around in circles repeatedly. Lost, and a bit confused, attempting to figure out when and where to go as groups emerged from the forest to aggregate into the blob of survivors. Sometimes splitting off and reemerging again for the same pattern. Everywhere that we went was covered by a thickening red fog, and I believe it did allow the atmosphere to slow down and for everyone to roleplay accordingly. The narrative was a bit confusing at first, not inherently knowing why we had to go into the bunker, but it's also the peculiarity of Garry's Mod Roleplay and centralized scenes which my character was not apart of due to my own decision making so it's on myself to admit that if I were there at the appropriate times something did happen I would've known what was happening. This was clarified up at the end where I actually was with the group and running around alongside them trying to figure out where to go in the last portion of the map. Then finding it.

My only real complaint is not inherent about the GM'ing of the event or its planning. Rather my focus is largely on a lot of the people whom seemed to repeatedly run around. To be frank, I did this too a bit. But people consistently moving made it hard to roleplay certain scenes which I had wanted to have greater length with. Though even then it was understandable from an OOC and IC PoV because the longer the event dragged onwards the more danger one faced; Believing that sanctuary was around the corner would incentivize them to keep moving.

I've got to commend you on the inclusion of players whose characters had died to keep them in the event as monstrous entities to lighten the load. It's pretty ingenious.

10/10

During my tenure as CT I tend to not get a lot of roleplay done as I've been favouring doing GM and answering tickets. The Red Forest allows me to participate as a participant which I'm thankful for considering the rarity nowadays. It's been a special boon to me seeing as I was able of roleplaying a Vortigaunt my favourite role in a HL2:RP setting.

At the start of the event I awaited several minutes in patience to see if the other Vortigaunt would return from themselves being AFK. As they went by; It looking like they weren't going to appear back from AFK status, I decided to poke my head out into the event proper itself. And I have to say the atmosphere was wonderfully bleak, a total contrast of what I had ever experienced here on Willard. Moving outwards I decided to do some scavenging roleplay, and was immediately oversighted by an administrator who created an atmospheric event within the little hovel that I was within.

The first few encounters that I had was on the belief that there would be antagonistic parties within the fog. To my surprise, none did. All were effectively tired people of different backgrounds banding together to bivouac the badlands and survive. It allowed for some notable interactions. One of which I've enjoyed was my Vortigaunt attempting to keep UNION-9, the functionary whose legs were blown off by a hunter's flechettes, alive. With the help of others we actually managed for a bit. Others that I also enjoyed interacting with at depth and length were the other Vortigaunts. I was incredibly happy to see other Vortigaunts and to roleplay with them on my own character.

I can't tell you how many times we were traveling around in circles repeatedly. Lost, and a bit confused, attempting to figure out when and where to go as groups emerged from the forest to aggregate into the blob of survivors. Sometimes splitting off and reemerging again for the same pattern. Everywhere that we went was covered by a thickening red fog, and I believe it did allow the atmosphere to slow down and for everyone to roleplay accordingly. The narrative was a bit confusing at first, not inherently knowing why we had to go into the bunker, but it's also the peculiarity of Garry's Mod Roleplay and centralized scenes which my character was not apart of due to my own decision making so it's on myself to admit that if I were there at the appropriate times something did happen I would've known what was happening. This was clarified up at the end where I actually was with the group and running around alongside them trying to figure out where to go in the last portion of the map. Then finding it.

My only real complaint is not inherent about the GM'ing of the event or its planning. Rather my focus is largely on a lot of the people whom seemed to repeatedly run around. To be frank, I did this too a bit. But people consistently moving made it hard to roleplay certain scenes which I had wanted to have greater length with. Though even then it was understandable from an OOC and IC PoV because the longer the event dragged onwards the more danger one faced; Believing that sanctuary was around the corner would incentivize them to keep moving.

I've got to commend you on the inclusion of players whose characters had died to keep them in the event as monstrous entities to lighten the load. It's pretty ingenious.

10/10
I'm reading allat
1679851100790.png

I loved everything about this event, the one problem with the event was when the OTA massacred everyone, but that only happened because a player shot first. I really want to see a follow up event, it would be fun to do a fallout-like event where we leave the bunker and have to start life in a huge wasteland.

Quite messy, but it was pretty fun all things considered.

Also, I don't think any of us are getting OTA WLs anytime soon after that... Uh, "performance".

kz00kGf.png

TxsGrXA.png

I wasn't there for most of day 2. I only came in for the ending.... Greg the grunt lives on

entire event series was 10 out of 10

I loved everything about this event, the one problem with the event was when the OTA massacred everyone, but that only happened because a player shot first. I really want to see a follow up event, it would be fun to do a fallout-like event where we leave the bunker and have to start life in a huge wasteland.

The last OSFian standing... I truly am the main character of this faction...

I shot Hex.

I was there 10/10
Craw stole my character after I died in a sudden S2K moment, and shot someone despite apparently being a hallucination, which was odd. (No hate towards him, he's great) The event was pretty fun overall, and I liked the horror aspects of it, even thought that was diminished when a bunch of us got into one mega group. The sudden S2K during part 2 was a little jarring, it ended up killing me and several other people.

We also learned that phrasing as OTA is incredibly important, thanks to Goose :troll:

(Also prefacing I was like the one OTA who didn't start massacring everyone, which I'm happy about)

Back