Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Refilling magazine delay.

Marco

Radio Bob Approved
Protector
Joined
Jul 5, 2021
Messages
1,256
I believe this will be a controversial suggestion. I myself have rapid reloaded a magazine in 2 secs while doing some npc s2k on the wall in city 8 reforged. I believe a timer should be added for when you attempt to reload a magazine, with the length of the timer being a second or so.
 
Last edited:
I believe this will be a controversial suggestion. I myself have rapid reloaded a magazine in 2 secs while doing some npc s2k on the wall in city 8 reforged. However, this trivialises magazines, especially if you can rapid fire reload a magazine.
What is it that you are suggesting exactly?
 
a delay to refilling magazines, its in the title.

I updated the post anyways.
 
What is it that you are suggesting exactly?
I think it's to make refilling a magazine realistic, so it would add a little timer as you add the bullets to fully reload it

Afaik we're attempting to remove them entirely so there's no point
 
I think it's to make refilling a magazine realistic, so it would add a little timer as you add the bullets to fully reload it

Afaik we're attempting to remove them entirely so there's no point
Magazines are finally getting removed?!?! Omg
 
This is more of a step to ration out firefights and promote ammo conservation and more tactical thought into engagements.

This nerfs every s2k fight by providing a limit on resources, which I think is a step in the right direction.

Hell, you could make the delay as long as applying a first-aid kit.
 
This is more of a step to ration out firefights and promote ammo conservation and more tactical thought into engagements.

This nerfs every s2k fight by providing a limit on resources, which I think is a step in the right direction.

Hell, you could make the delay as long as applying a first-aid kit.
Ammo preservation should also be left to the players, if they have enough ammo to waste it, let them do so. Adding features like the suggestion above will just make an already irritating combat system, that much more annoying.

If there's too much ammo in circulation, the issue is the abundance, not how it's used.
 
Ammo preservation should also be left to the players.
It's more about an issue with magazines than the ammo itself. I can instantly load a magazine (mid-s2k) just by dragging an ammo box over a magazine item, instantly filling it up. I can do that in three seconds, and by five seconds I've reloaded every magazine in my inventory.

Most rebels carry magazine pouches, some rebels exploit the limit on the magazine pouch system to get two or even three magazine pouches, but that is a seperate issue for another thread.

Each magazine pouch holds four magazines, and the magazine holds however many bullets whether it be AR, SMG or PISTOL ammo.

I do not think someone should be able to instantly reload a magazine with this in mind.
 
It's more about an issue with magazines than the ammo itself. I can instantly load a magazine (mid-s2k) just by dragging an ammo box over a magazine item, instantly filling it up. I can do that in three seconds, and by five seconds I've reloaded every magazine in my inventory.

Most rebels carry magazine pouches, some rebels exploit the limit on the magazine pouch system to get two or even three magazine pouches, but that is a seperate issue for another thread.

Each magazine pouch holds four magazines, and the magazine holds however many bullets whether it be AR, SMG or PISTOL ammo.

I do not think someone should be able to instantly reload a magazine with this in mind.
THIS IS A VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!
1719168390895.png
 
it'd make the magazine system more cumbersome than it already is. this will not benefit the server
 
The magazine system is designed to be cumbersome, that is the perceived intention of the magazine system. I want *it* to be cumbersome to prevent prolonged S2K fights and to add more danger to npc spawns and provide an actual usage for sidearms,

"I want to save my ak-47 magazines for an actual threat, i'll just use my usp to deal with nuisances."

I want my suggestion to be considered for whatever is replacing the magazine system, or at least consider this alteration to my original suggestion:

PREVENTING magazines from being re-loaded while 'IN COMBAT'.

If anyone has played on the dev server or recent S2K fights, you may notice a notice saying 'you are now in combat'.

This prevents you from using advanced medical scripts like first-aid kits, or from repairing your armor. This could be extended to reloading magazines mid combat as well.
 
im imagining pressing my thumbs through the orbits of marcos eyes like gregor clegane to obelyn martell so hard his head explodes
 
Magazines are on the edge of being sent far away- we are looking for alternatives instead especially with the Durability system for weapons which will add more pain with it combine with Magazines and a Delay.

While we try to steer away from Combat, trying to make Combat as hard as possible isn't fun either for both sides.
 
Back
Top