Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Remove windy feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmet

Active member
Joined
Nov 16, 2021
Messages
257
I will keep this very short as to why I'd like the wind feature that completely pushes you off and makes you laggy should be removed. It is not fun to play with this, it feels more like lag than anything else, and it feels insanely unrealistic and unserious. Why should I, as a Civil Protection unit with my clothes, armor, gear and weapons be pushed around like I'm a paper plane? It does not make sense in the slightest and it is not an enjoyable feature. What if I'm in the middle of a firefight and I get pushed around to my doom? It's just inherently idiotic and completely makes things uninteresting and unplayable.
 
I have to agree. The StormFox wind does not feel like wind at all. It feels like stuttering lag, and many have complained that they were lagging. But it was the wind. To my knowledge, there is no visual, or audio indicating wind is blowing you away. It just does. It feels slow, sluggish and frankly unnecessary. It brings nothing to the table, and has never caused any RP as far as I know.
 
The wind has been toned down to 0 and I suppose based on the feedback, the wind would then only be used in special occasions or wait till it's more improved if it looks visually laggy.
 
We shall look into disabling the Ability for Stormfox to manipulate Props and Players in-game. Thank-you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top