Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Guide Resistance through Loyalism: A Guide to Undercover Operations

The Rogue’s Role in the Revolution
Or
Resistance through Loyalism: A Guide to Undercover Operations
By Spooky Wolf and @Sachimii

It is in the tradition of RebelRP that the sole way to win the uprising is by sheer brute force of armed insurgents flooding the streets like its 1917 yet it could be further from the truth. For that is solely a well armed riot, a revolt, a rebellion but not a revolution. Sadly Rebelmains and Loyalistmains alike have seemed to have forgotten that in HL2 we see infiltration tactics being utilized by the resistance in the form of Barney Calhoun as a Cop. Henceforth this guide will teach the Rebelmain how to rebel in the untraditional and sometimes difficult Rogue Loyalist archetype.

1.1 The Issue with RebelRP on WN
I will list the current issues with RebelRP on every server (but mainly WN in this case)
One. The resistance as a whole is script-focused and not the end goal (freedom)
Two. The resistance reveals things way too easily to Rats.
Three. Rats are the Loyalist version of a Rogue Rebel. Essentially what this guide wants to do the reverse of. Going up in the ranks of the Union in order to benefit the Resistance.
Four. The Combine will use every possible method of infighting to ensure the Resistance fails in each endeavor and make each victory worthless to the Revolution.
These are the main issues of course there are much more but you can fill in the blanks for yourself but this is solely based off of my observations of RebelRP as of current writing.

1.2 What is a Rogue Loyalist?
Now of course I think it is important to explain what a Rogue’s job is. The Rogue is essentially a loyalist in every way, though he is ultimately working for the sake of the Revolution and the Resistance overall and not the Union. Though his actions will inadvertently benefit the Union in some methods his end goal is solely ulterior and not out of love for the Union. However just as Rats live in constant danger of being caught as Rats, so are Rogues in constant danger of being caught as Anti-Citizens for a dead Rogue is a worthless Rogue. Hopefully this guide will help you in the manners of ending the Occupation here on Earth and eventually help liberate Mankind.

1.3 How should I start?
There are multiple ways to go about being a Rogue Loyalist, not everything is about infiltration or even being in a Union or Civil Authority. The lowest level is simply informing Rebels of any news whatsoever, whether that be a sweep incoming, new restrictions, identifying potential rats (though this is risky as you might be wrong and kill a fellow rogue or an innocent bystander), and giving rations or supplies away to rebels or people of the slums.

1.4 What are the risks?
The Rogue Loyalist is one of the most stressful operations, even more stressful than a disgusting Rat. Because unlike the Rat, the Rogue ultimately will risk his reputation as being remembered as a disgusting collaborator. Patience is a virtue, and is a requirement for it. If you don’t have the patience or the desire, this is not the guide for you and you should think about being a typical Rebel instead. Remember everything you’re doing is not for your loyalist benefits but for furthering the Revolution’s interests and taking it slow goes a long way. Going fast will ruin you, your cell, and the people’s freedom from Combine Rule.

1.5 How popular should I be?
When undercover, it’s vital to avoid getting any kind of special attention, good or bad. You quietly enter your position, pulling the strings you need to pull until the opportunity strikes. However, sometimes it’s imperative that you act before your contacts get caught, or worse. Keeping tabs on those who would do you or your cell harm, and updating them with information from the inside is a valuable source of intel for them. Just remember, never act directly, under any circumstance. If you forget everything from this, at least remember the mantra “Thou Shalt Not Snitch.” If you can be traced directly to anti-civil activity, your work was for nothing. Stay out of sight, help where you can, pray for them where you can’t.

1.6 Going Undercover
Of course, going undercover means the adoption of a new name, a new face, a new identity. When you’re a loyalist, you can’t have any ties left behind from your old life, and as such, continuing with direct ties to those that came before is a massive risk. Make contacts in your new field, make friends, make allies. Tell none of them the truth. Work slowly, be patient. Trust is a resource you cannot afford to spare in this line of work, and even amongst your own rebel cell, someone could be captured and talk. So keep your true intentions obfuscated as much as possible. You are the shadow of the Combine, where they go, you go. What they know, you know. Make sure they don’t know too much.

1.7 Separation when working
It has been touched on previously, but I see fit to give it it’s own paragraph out of sheer importance. That point is to always have several degrees of separation when working. This cannot be emphasized enough. There are plenty of people that can carry messages for you, or deliver packages, or do any number of simple things without asking too many questions. Keep yourself separate from your contacts, keep yourself separate from their operations. Remind yourself that while you are their key to success, you can only remain as such if nobody even knows you exist. Keep away, keep quiet, and keep helping if you believe it’s safe enough to.

1.8 Your duties, both Loyal and Rebellious
It’s important to remember your Loyalist duties as well as your Rebellious ones. Acting Loyal is inherent to your armband, so make sure to balance it well. Your first priority is maintaining your position, as without your position, you’re useless. Take care to watch who’s watching you, and eliminate them if the need arises. Ensure that nobody questions your station, or why you seem to take such long breaks. Assume everything you do is being scrutinized, and act accordingly. You can never be too paranoid. Your public image should be spotless, a shining beacon of the Union culture, and a case study of Loyalism done right. Of course, we both know that’s not the case, don’t we?

1.9 An example to pay attention to at least
An example of a good Rogue character of mine was in fact a Nebulous Character. Since I highly doubt Nebulous will come back from the grave I see it fit to tell his story. For this I shall call him John Smith in the strange case it does come back to life (you metagaming players can’t be trusted but if you know who it is, brownie points to you).

John Smith was a member of a Political Party with a seemingly Loyalist Agenda, yet they truly were not Loyalists in any sense. In fact it was highly suspected they were a Terrorist Organization though it couldn’t be proved. Regardless John Smith ranked his way through the Union Science Faction and indirectly helped his fellow false Loyalists in a manner of small ways such as being incompetent and leaking Union Secrets, while outside of work and in the Underground he acted calculated and seldom used his real voice to communicate with the Resistance. In the end he never saw the fruits of the Revolution due to the server being dead but he survived his entire career and that should be your end goal. He was my longest lasting character on Nebulous for three years in total, and I expect all of your Rogues to last long as well.

1.10 A conclusion and some final thoughts
Now of course we’ve covered some strategies you can follow, but always remember that patience and improvisation are your two greatest friends as a Rogue character. It should also be noted to keep it OOCly and ICly dark as much as possible, as you don’t want everyone to know your favorite T6 femchar is actually a Resistance Operative; unless you want to lose everything quickly. I also cannot state how much metagame will screw things up for you, even your OOC friends can screw you over by mistake just by knowing you’re undercover and you also don’t want to get banned or get anyone else banned either or PK’d through OOC means. Notice how I didn’t mention Civil Protection, or Unions or even CCA, that is for you to improvise on your own and for you to not screw up on.

I hope you take all of these tips and tricks into consideration when you go write up your rogue auths or go make your rebel into a rogue loyalist and I also hope you remember this mantra from a very good Rogue Loyalist character I knew “The Empire can be destroyed from above and below.” Now it is up to you to help from above.​

This is the second in-depth guide that teaches _______ players how to better contribute to the server… that won’t be read, acknowledged, or adhered to!

But at least now I have more ammunition to source when I call people out on their BS and they go “well what SHOULD we be doing?”

This is what you should be doing.

This is the second in-depth guide that teaches _______ players how to better contribute to the server… that won’t be read, acknowledged, or adhered to!

But at least now I have more ammunition to source when I call people out on their BS and they go “well what SHOULD we be doing?”

This is what you should be doing.
Based OTA response. I really hope people actually read this or at the very least attempt to roughly copy. I'm tired of Rebelmains getting owned and saying "Why does RebelRP suck so much ass?"

Based OTA response. I really hope people actually read this or at the very least attempt to roughly copy. I'm tired of Rebelmains getting owned and saying "Why does RebelRP suck so much ass?"

What is... the definition... of insanity...?

It's sad that these guides even need to exist. There's obviously a place for underground rebelRP, but the role is so oversaturated that people feel like tactics need to be all aggression and no secrecy.

Awesome guide!

Last edited:
It's sad that these guides even need to exist. There's a place for rebelRP, but the role is so oversaturated that people feel like tactics need to be all aggression and no secrecy.

Awesome guide!
I get what you're saying. But yeah these guides shouldn't exist. It should be common knowledge. I see people say "Why don't rebels infiltrate the Union" and I just stare at them dead inside after years of constantly being shanked by fellow rebels in my Rogue Grindset from server to server to server.

Rebelmains either fall into one of two camps in my mind.

Those who understand it, and those who keep getting owned. If you're not Tier 6 and walking into the slums untouched in a suit, are you a real Rebel? Yeah its a stupid scenario, but that should be what Rebels aim for. Becoming the government and watching it collapse when the Freeman comes. There should be Rebels lining up to Join Civil Protection trying to avoid memreps and helping out their fellow man as much as possible, dragging their contacts to a corner and handing them CP rations, money and telling them their day. There should be CWU workers acting incompetent and allowing machinery to break. There should be sit ins, strikes and so forth. Civil Authority Members should be writing idiotic laws that doesn't really benefit the Union but Overwatch doesn't notice. CMU Employees should help smuggle Medigel into the underground economy. Slum Dwellers should be breaking the Ration Monopoly.

Rebelmains like to say the Combine is invincible when that's not the case. If Barney Calhoun can get way behind on his beating quota and not get totally owned so can you. Its only a matter of effort and willingness to try, but most important patience and improvisation. I cannot emphasize this the most out of this guide.

In 3 Months or less I want to see CAs going rogue and shit after reading this. I want shit to go down in 24. And note you will die, but as long as people are going down the same path as you the Empire can and will fall. You just have to believe it.

I get what you're saying. But yeah these guides shouldn't exist. It should be common knowledge. I see people say "Why don't rebels infiltrate the Union" and I just stare at them dead inside after years of constantly being shanked by fellow rebels in my Rogue Grindset from server to server to server.

Rebelmains either fall into one of two camps in my mind.

Those who understand it, and those who keep getting owned. If you're not Tier 6 and walking into the slums untouched in a suit, are you a real Rebel? Yeah its a stupid scenario, but that should be what Rebels aim for. Becoming the government and watching it collapse when the Freeman comes. There should be Rebels lining up to Join Civil Protection trying to avoid memreps and helping out their fellow man as much as possible, dragging their contacts to a corner and handing them CP rations, money and telling them their day. There should be CWU workers acting incompetent and allowing machinery to break. There should be sit ins, strikes and so forth. Civil Authority Members should be writing idiotic laws that doesn't really benefit the Union but Overwatch doesn't notice. CMU Employees should help smuggle Medigel into the underground economy. Slum Dwellers should be breaking the Ration Monopoly.

Rebelmains like to say the Combine is invincible when that's not the case. If Barney Calhoun can get way behind on his beating quota and not get totally owned so can you. Its only a matter of effort and willingness to try, but most important patience and improvisation. I cannot emphasize this the most out of this guide.

In 3 Months or less I want to see CAs going rogue and shit after reading this. I want shit to go down in 24. And note you will die, but as long as people are going down the same path as you the Empire can and will fall. You just have to believe it.
Boo, get off the stage man, just go in guns blazing totally.
Jokes aside this is a good guide.

Back