Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Restrict /act to the active shooter in tbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taliazure

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Oct 17, 2021
Messages
457
As explained in the title it seems that people have been abusing the /acts mid gunfight to escape bullets and make themselves more hidden behind objects.
TO avoid the exploration of these perhaps this could simply be only allowed to those who are in their active turn like the radios otherwise you will not be able to do an act if you are not in your turn.
 
I ain't ever seen this bro 💀 you literally just gave me the best ideas ever tysm
 
We've had a huge issue with this in a recent firefight between three factions and the animations were abused in order to prevent being damaged during a gunfight. Currently, my standpoint is the same as you and I wish for this to be implemented so staff won't have to ban/PK people who do it.
 
We've had a huge issue with this in a recent firefight between three factions and the animations were abused in order to prevent being damaged during a gunfight. Currently, my standpoint is the same as you and I wish for this to be implemented so staff won't have to ban/PK people who do it.
I was not aware of any firefight, do you have a video of it?
 
Seems easier to just ban the morons who exploit in my opinion.
yeah just ban half your player base, we've already banned one half so lets just ban the rest while we are at it instead of fixing the broken garbage tbc system no one likes.
 
I was not aware of any firefight, do you have a video of it?
It was an event made by the Creative Team between three factions: CWU/ICU, Combine, and Rebels. The rebels involved ended up snitching about the script of the event and amassed a large group of rebels, particularly 13-14 troopers, before ambushing the CWU/Combine and proceeding to literally kill everyone involved.

Some, if not most, had abused the /actinjured animation to prevent themselves from taking damage during the firefight itself. Said individuals have been banned as said by Goose in the general discussion channel for doing so. I will be showcasing an image of those who were involved in the fight to show how many were truly involved, however I will be blurring their rp names to prevent metagaming.

image.png
 
It was an event made by the Creative Team between three factions: CWU/ICU, Combine, and Rebels. The rebels involved ended up snitching about the script of the event and amassed a large group of rebels, particularly 13-14 troopers, before ambushing the CWU/Combine and proceeding to literally kill everyone involved.

Some, if not most, had abused the /actinjured animation to prevent themselves from taking damage during the firefight itself. Said individuals have been banned as said by Goose in the general discussion channel for doing so. I will be showcasing an image of those who were involved in the fight to show how many were truly involved, however I will be blurring their rp names to prevent metagaming.

image.png
LOL
The absolute state of willard networks rp
 
yeah just ban half your player base, we've already banned one half so lets just ban the rest while we are at it instead of fixing the broken garbage tbc system no one likes.

Better to have 10 players that don't cheat than 30 that do.
 
Seems easier to just ban the morons who exploit in my opinion.
Just removing it entirely would get rid of the ability to exploit, even if someone does it on accident.

I’ve thought of a scenario where I can see someone genuinely having their best intentions with it, where without thinking, they do a /actinjured after they’re shot to RP, however they stay down through their turn and such.
 
Just removing it entirely would get rid of the ability to exploit, even if someone does it on accident.

I’ve thought of a scenario where I can see someone genuinely having their best intentions with it, where without thinking, they do a /actinjured after they’re shot to RP, however they stay down through their turn and such.
If I was a civilian caught in a firefight the first thing I'd do is /actinjured so I can look like I'm on the ground cowering. But I'd get banned for doing so?
This needs to be fixed
 
If I was a civilian caught in a firefight the first thing I'd do is /actinjured so I can look like I'm on the ground cowering. But I'd get banned for doing so?
This needs to be fixed
Rare time June and I agree with each other.
 
This sounds like something that can be resolved with a simple staff request of punishing the exploiters. I'd rather not restrict this as it may come in handy in some situations.

Denied.
For now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top