Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[rey.jazzy - 76561198055975409

Status
Not open for further replies.

rey.jazzy

Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2022
Messages
59
Steam: dog (im doggy)
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:47854840

Banned by: Don't know, happened overnight or something but I was told by Shimac's Stew that it was discussed briefly not long ago.
Length of ban: Don't know that either. Was given little to no warning prior, had to personally ask staff about it because I wasn't warned or anything ahead of time.

Reason for ban: Alleged metagame and abuse of mentorship.

I was responding to a ticket, and happened to notice a pair of CivPro members being detained or something underground in the slums. I made the mistake of asking ICly where they'd been over TAC-3 radio, to which Milkman (one of the players involved) PM'd me in-game not to do that. I knew in my head I shouldn't have, so I apologized to him and didn't go anywhere with the information I'd received OOCly. We both essentially voided the encounter, and none of us mentioned it after the fact. I spoke to Shimac's Stew over Discord about it and he recommended I make an appeal, so here I am. I've never been warned, de-whitelisted or banned for anything before so as far as I'm aware my record is perfectly clean.

Unfortunately I don't have any physical evidence I.E video or pictures, but I'd assume you guys could look into PM logs or something if you don't believe me. Again, I may have slipped up and asked Milkman's character ICly but I didn't pursue further after he encouraged me to forget about what I just saw. I was also ridden of my position as mentorship, on top of the server-wide ban. Not sure if being extended that privilege again is on the table, but it doesn't hurt to ask for a second chance. Neonity and the others helped me a lot on my first day or two, and I feel I did a pretty decent job even if there's a couple things I need to get used to.

Witnesses:
(Referred to by Discord username.)
- the_milkmann (UNION-77)
- vadim_freeman (UNION-91)
- booile (YELLO-76)
 
Last edited:
Ban Information
  • Ban ID: 2dacb5a5-d23f-44d0-9fff-5119582bde08
  • Reason: Metagame Abuse of Mentor Powers
  • Length: 14 days
  • Date Banned: Wed Jun 21 2023 08:55:41 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Date Unbanned: Wed Jul 05 2023 08:55:41 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Banned By: 76561198155188541 (Shimac's Stew)
 
Hello!

The staff team has reviewed your situation, and came to the following conclusion.

Regrettably, the circumstances regarding your use of mentor powers such as noclip and using information obtained through this IC, is considered a major red flag.
1687457227848.png
Seeing here, you accepted a ticket and TPed over in observer.
and happened to notice a pair of CivPro members being detained or something underground in the slums. I made the mistake of asking ICly where they'd been over TAC-3 radio, to which Milkman (one of the players involved) PM'd me in-game not to do that.
As you admit here, you noticed the CP units down there and used that information IC. This is unforgivable and a very clear violation of metagame rules and a breach of your newly obtained powers. Given it was your second day as a mentor, the odds of this being a rare occurrence went out the window, considering how quickly this occurred. We can not rule out the possibility of what would have happened if Milkman was not able to see how you were using your powers in this chat. A regular player would have assumed you stumbled upon them ICly, and could have very likely faced extreme consequences. As would a lot of other characters as a direct result of this.

Your ban appeal has been denied and will stay in effect. It's a two-week ban, which expires on July 5th.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top