Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Richard Hughes, M.E.

Nick

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Messages
39



It's hard to make friends when you work with the only certainty in life; death.

Still, I push through just fine. After all, someone has to do it. Someone still, at the end of the day, has to cut open someone else's parent, spouse, husband, wife, child or sibling to find out how they died to bring the answers to the people who need them.

Of course, working with and around the dead for so long does change a person. Those who say otherwise are lying or have never worked in a morgue before. People deal with it differently, some try to not think of them as humans, try to substitute the human into just a corpse, the puzzle of the day, nothing more.
Others fall back on humor, we find ways to make what we do funny, something to laugh at. For someone looking from the outside it must seem wrong, some of the things that are said must even sound unthinkable, yet we they are still said and laughed at.

Me? I opt for a blend of both. Of course, nowadays making jokes doesn't work as well, the size of the office has shrunk into just me and on a good quarter a part-time mortician, and the nurses just don't get it.

The realities of being the medical examiner.

​



Richard Hughes
(Chief) Medical Examiner


latest.png


General Information​

Personal Information
Name: Richard Hughes
Date of Birth: April 24th, 1964 (53)
Place of Birth: Francesville, Pulaski County, IN
Nationality: American
Religion: Christian Protestant
Languages: English
​
Physical Information
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 198 lb
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Build: Normal
Body Markings: None
Ethnicity: Caucasian
​


Education​
Elementary
School: West Central Elementary School
School Type: Public
Graduation Status: Promoted to Junior High

Jr. High
School:
West Central Middle School
School Type: Public
Graduation Status: Promoted to High School

High School
School:
West Central High School
School Type: Public
Grade Point Average: 3.6
Graduation Status: Graduated
Result: Diploma
​
University

School:
Indiana University School of Medicine
School Type: Private University
Years Attended: 6
Graduation Status: Graduated
Degree Level: Bachelor's & Associate's
Study: Anatomy, Medicine

Certifications:
Anatomy, Medicine.​

Medical Information​
Blood Type: B+
B.M.I: Healthy
Allergies: None
Addictions: None
​
Surgeries: None
Diseases: None
Physical Ailments: None
Mental Ailments: None
​

Civil Status​
Status: Compliant
Loyalty Tier: ???
Housing Status: Standard
​
Branch: Ministry of Health
Occupation: Senior Doctor
Specialty: Medical Examiner
​

Qualifications​

Anatomy & Medicine - Degree in both

Small scale Aircraft - Licensed for non-commercial use

Firearms - From rural Indiana, enough said
​

Relations​
Factions​

Civil Administration
Fact of life
"No real opinion, they're the cogs that keep this whole thing going at the top. I don't want to cross paths with them too much but it's inevitable, what with my position and all."

Civil Protection
The police
"I work with them a lot, have to, part of the job. Feels like it's every second day they drag in some mutilated corpse and grumble "figure it out".. If they acted differently, like the police used to, maybe people would work with them more. But what do I know, I just cut open bodies and fish out bullets."

Overwatch Transhuman Arm
The what?
"Honestly a very rare sight. They call it the future, I call them cyborgs. I don't like being in their presence, it's not that I'm scared, I don't have anything to hide or fear, but I still just find myself uneasy around these things when they're around, which is rare."

Citizens
The people.
"Usually dead when my jurisdiction and work with them starts.. It's a mixed bag, a huge pool of people, some smart, some not. Can't label a group so big and diverse with one adjective or noun. I'll have to make up my mind on specific people later."

Resistance
Freedom fighters, part-time antagonists
​
"They claim to fight for freedom, yet in District 47 I saw everything but that. Shooting at a funeral service, taking medical workers hostage, trying to bomb the hospital, committing acts of terror in the hospital, I mean, everything you can do to get the label of "bad guy" they have done.. They're making the combine, this extraterrestrial alien race that's built on control, look like the best alternative. If I don't see some change and see it fast I might as well side with the combine permanently.

Vortigaunts
Space wizards
"Don't know much about them, hell, don't even know what rules apply to them. Do they breathe oxygen? How does their circulation work? What's up with the eye color. All of these are questions I have and ones which I will not answer myself, someone in the proper position to do so will later on."

Relations​
People

Will put 'em as I get 'em.
​





Format and everything else stolen from @Pyureh
Consultation on America and the way it works by google and with the assistance of @Pyureh​
 
Back
Top