Rising Sun - Feedback Thread - Day 1

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1388
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is super cringe and shouldn't happen.

If you played Joseon on Nebulous, you know what kind of vibe I'm trying to get with underground criminal organisations, Mafia watchdogs pressuring business owners into paying their debt, the CCA being all about money, control and prestige etc.

I fear those of us who've seen the peak of gangland-esque hl2rp events are too keen to realize this event isn't fulfilling its full potential and push for even more loosened restrictions, when a lot of people are content now with what little freedoms they've been given

But at the same time the new generation deserves to experience what we have; there is already the sense that this is a reskinned main server. It could be so much more than that so easily, the changes just need to be made right now before things settle in a stale direction as they are this very second.

I fear those of us who've seen the peak of gangland-esque hl2rp events are too keen to realize this event isn't fulfilling its full potential and push for even more loosened restrictions, when a lot of people are content now with what little freedoms they've been given

But at the same time the new generation deserves to experience what we have; there is already the sense that this is a reskinned main server. It could be so much more than that so easily, the changes just need to be made right now before things settle in a stale direction as they are this very second.
You're definitely right.

I hold dear the memories of the Zaibatsu and Chaebol, with the old fish market downtown, the martial arts club right next to it, and down the street, clan members held meetings and displayed themselves as the outgoing, hard working business while doing shady deals in the back room. Cops minding their own business in the upper city, being in most of the mafias pockets, man... shit was REAL.

Forgot to add this to my original feedback post but, the intro sequence was really good for the event. It started off a little rocky with my character being packed into a cell due to OOC confusion (Fungle forgot that my character was transferred from C24 and didn't have me on the list or something bla bla bla) and then the APC exploded but once we got into the bus, EVERYTHING changed. It was beautiful, and someone mentioned in LOOC that it felt like the intros of the actual half life games (tram ride, bus ride) and I agree! It was really cool and I'm glad we did it instead of spawn everyone in the city trainstation or something.

One more story for you.

Originally, we had it planned to have virtually /everyone/ coming through in those buses in a MASSIVE convoy, but given the layout and lore-area of the City, it didn't make too much sense for us to do that in the end, so we did the transfers instead for those that did take part in that bus journey and had the other half already as locals in the City. Guess it worked the wonders we intended for it.

----

As for storyline, there is one that is currently active, but this was day one and was merely the introduction. It's simply not possible to bring about everything on a silver platter during it, since every administrator and CT member was having to help other players set up. It's a LOT of maintenance to deal with on the first day or two given the player counts jumped to massive skyrockets thus far. Though you'll see soon enough. x)

I arrived late, so i missed most of the train ride
The bus ride and short introduction to the city were good, but then everything afterwards was just kinda confused, from my perspective

First small problem, rooms:
There was only one priority room for three luxury passangers, so we all had to share the same room while all the other peasants tourists got to have an entire room all to themself
But fair, IC issue, who cares

My biggest issue with day one was the godamn luggage
I somehow didn't get it when i first got into the room, but fine, i kept asking around other officers
None of them had a clue on where it was
I threw an @ at the admins, asked if i had to ask a cp for my luggage
they said yes, so i kept bugging officers for my briefcase
Still, nobody knew
Then, finally, i noticed that when the CWU manager that was giving us beds was an admin, so i asked both IC and in LOOC if he knew where was my luggage
FINALLY, after an hour of confusion, i got my briefcase!
When i opened it up, though, i didn't find what i put in. But i'm definitely not complaining, because instead of my informal Tier-4 Loyalist Jacket and blue pants, i found a TIER-6, CCA SUIT JACKET AND PANTS in the briefcase
I played it off ICly, and made up some explanation to why i got a formal jacket instead of my informal one, and have been posing as a CCA member ever since i got it
So, by a complete error on the admin's side, a briefcase misplacement created more RP than if the mistake didn't happen

Apart from the first small issue and the hilarous second blunder, i really enjoyed this first day of the event, and i'm eager for more

(also if you snitch to the cops about my suit i WILL pk you)

The CPs need to stop taking the guide too seriously, or they need to be barred out of certain areas of the town straight up (alleway etc.) otherwise a lot of interesting stuff that could take place is going to be denied by their presence.

Case in point, I went to mildly harrass a businessman on behalf of a yakuza boss and got taken in and shot for 'assaulting an HVT' when we got into a light brawl that he started; I was lucky an admin was able to determine after the fact that only CCAs were 'high value targets' - otherwise a decently interesting plotline/rivalry between two citizen factions would've been cut short before it even properly began

The cops from Geneva are still playing with the same mentality they brought over from the main server; loosen up gamers. this is supposed to be a different experience. Allow bribes and/or alternative punishments, do whatever, just try not to kill people at the drop of a hat and don't be afraid to let citizen conflict brew for a while; as an occupying alien force it should be to your advantage that they're fighting amongst each other and not you after all.

Day 2 update: Shot for 'attacking a CP', NLR again because i didnt actually do it, stopped and hassled twice for speaking Japanese in Japan even though headcops said its allowed,fight ring disrupted because CPs thought it was unsanctioned and only thought to ask questions after they'd beaten us en masse

then there's people behaving like this OOCly

FrhcdDm.png

honestly disgraceful. i re-iterate, something needs to be done about the CPs. this gung-ho approach to everything they see in the city is going to hurt everyone eventually. am i misunderstanding the tone of this event? it still feels like very little changed in the cityRP format

Yes there really needs to be something done with CPs who don't have WL.

Wanting to hit my head off a spiked, brick wall since SS were fully warned by a handful of peeps, myself included, regarding the dangers that style of open sign-up did for factions.

Now here we are. lmao

Nah I'll talk to them, we'll get something done ASAP.

Today I realized that the Cops are so under-equipped when on blue socio that the Conscripts have better weapons than them, when a CWU workshift went into the sewers with 3 Conscripts with Assault Rifles and 5 Cops with 2 pistols and 3 stun batons. It was very based.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back