Rising Sun - Final Day - Feedback

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1388
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 1388

1646084039933-png.9055

Welcome to the feedback thread for Rising Sun Final Day.

Let us know what you liked most, what you found lacking, and what you want to see more of!

Don't be afraid to be honest! It helps us to improve!

With the gas now ventilated and cleared from the District the Citizens slowly return to normal - Those that fully succumbed ... died.

I missed most of it I think but the interaction I had with rebels ( Which was my character actual first interaction with them ) was great and who knows...maybe it planted a seed in his mind.

Great event, I hope we see more events like this. (In regards to length and events to patch server downtime)

It was a really fucking good event week.

But the finale was INCREDIBLY short, and didn't really... involve anything. We just ran around in suits for a while whilst OTA and CP shot at NPCs. I think 90% of the event was just sitting in yellow hazmats in a pen.

Thanks to all staff who worked so hard to make the event as fun as it was! I and many others had an amazing time this week, thanks to you guys.

it was nice to watch the chaos unfold as a scanner but i feel like the poor citizens got absolutely shafted, having to just sit in that doggie pen and watch

didnt play today or yesterday much but the event as a whole was decent because i got to use my charger pac which i totally think you should add to the main server

This was peak rising sun, my vorts library apartment becoming RP hub and then some guy picks up 1984

1648169812484.png
1648169871926.png

[2-7 DQT7] Major Gappi Chakotay: "GOOD MORNING! I BRING CONVOY, AND TANK!"
Minister Mickievič speaks into his radio: "Shut the fuck up."
[2-7 DQT7] Col. Teshima Jiro: "Good Morning Major- wait, did you say Tank?"
[2-7 DQT7] Major Gappi Chakotay: "ORDER TO EVACUATE CITIZENS!"
Dispatch broadcasts "Attention, ground-units: Mission-failure will result in permanent off-world assignment. Code-reminder: SACRIFICE, COAGULATE, CLAMP."
Commissar Pyotr Morozov says in Russian "Глубинный'обедня март однородный."
[2-7 DQT7] Major Gappi Chakotay: "YES."
Nikolay Petrov says in Russian "Посвистывать."
[2-7 DQT7] Col. Teshima Jiro SCREAMS: "WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU BROUGHT A TANK! THE ACTION'S ALL OVER!"
[2-7 DQT7] Major Gappi Chakotay: "... It's over?"
[2-7 DQT7] Col. Teshima Jiro SCREAMS: "ITS ALL OVER! DO NOT BRING THE TANK!"
[2-7 DQT7] Col. Teshima Jiro: "Well, I mean, you can if you want."
[2-7 DQT7] Col. Teshima Jiro: "But the action's over."
Heavy vehicular engines are heard approaching the main Checkpoint... vehicles approach from the horizon...
[2-7 DQT7] Major Gappi Chakotay: "I bring the tank, Colonel!"
Col. Teshima Jiro yells "Oh GOD DAMNIT."
[2-7 DQT7] Col. Teshima Jiro: "You are about TWO HOURS LATE MAJOR."
Col. Teshima Jiro says "Is that a grenade on the floor?"
Andrew Aikawa says "I believe so."

What a brilliant end to The Rising Sun event Wow. Just want to thank all of the Short Story and Main Server Team that helped out with this event that truly brought us all a great time.

PROS

-The whole Lore around Deviator Gas and how it fucks up your mind like the Scarecrow Fear Gas from Arkham Knight
-The whole evacuation showed how the nexus was the only safe standing place left after the city had been destroyed.
-Dr Hex bragging on broadcast like he was that one Nikocado Avocado speech.
-Taskforce (Whateverthefuckitsnamewas) jumping in and being a cool militia
-Synth Robot coming out and killing some Civis as we as destroying the APC.
-Synth Crab almost killing us all Twice.
-Big Final Battle where the OTA and Vortigaunts teamed up.
-The Ending as we drive out into the outlands to be transferred

CONS

-Being locked in the big dog cage for half an hour cause we were waiting for OTA to fix and Vortigaunt chain.

Otherwise this event was a brilliant end for the Civilians part so well done!

From an MPF Perspective, I believe this was a great event. I streamed the entire thing on twitch. However, I feel bad for the citizens that were kept in captivity while we cleared the rest of the city. I'm not sure what else they could have done though. The event could also have been a bit longer. Maybe another militarized group who worked for the big bad could have defended the labs or something?

(Also a bit more downtime between the activity so players can reflect/RP between larger action sequences)

8/10 event would play again.

Back