Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Rogue CPs" - did you do the cringe or did you do the dew?

Deagantio

Active member
Joined
Aug 2, 2021
Messages
145
To those with experience in 'rogue-cp' chars, I wonder how you look back on your experience. Cringe? Euphoria?

This was mostly made to trigger a lot of old-timers who are used to dealing with some of the bullshit made from obvious noobs pretending to be John Wick - but also partly to see how characters like this might actually be pulled off.

After all, Civil Pro is a volunteer force whose only defining features are being methed up on steroids while being "not malnourished" - who rely on Dispatch to direct their moves. This is an interesting role to play because I imagine that it gives players an IC reason to avoid both the Combine and the Rebels - staying in a purely neutral territory due to fear of both. While also having causes to dislike both.

I would rather see these characters than... *pft* HECU AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 
The only time I've gone rogue was on terranova, although that was during the server death event and with about a week and a half of IC buildup even before the event. Not sure it really counts though
 
It's always bad since those who do it or wish to do it have no real rp intent

+ rouge cp okay lol very realistic and very likely to happen trust me, I read 1984
 
The only rogue CP I’ve met is an Admin.


I feel like the BEST roleplay could come from civil protection on rebel encounters- esp. w/ rogues, but neither party will give each other proper chance to engage in those interesting scenarios; Rebels are too scared to take a risk and civil protection is too eager to get into a firefight.

It’s kinda sad, I’d love to encounter a player rogue or help a cop go rogue. But I honestly don’t trust the civil protection players to take my gesture of good faith by actually interacting with me instead of copy pasting a killbind.
 
I played a rogue cop in Rising Sun. Most of my time as him were spent organizing an invasion of the CPRD headquarters. It was kinda fun having to be careful contacting my rebel contacts and trying to make some more with his help.

Honestly a rebel joining civil protection just to be a rogue is a pretty good way for the resistance to get a one-up, but it’s absolutely cluttered with OOC red tape so most people don’t even bother to try to be rogue if it involves anything more than just running off and joining the rebels rather than staying and being a double agent
 
In every server I've played civil protection on, I've never gone rogue. Even after being captured. 💪
I'm not your great value brand Barney Calhoun, anti citizen.
 
I've played two longtime rogue cops in other communities and both were a blast. Really good RP.

But I honestly don’t trust the civil protection players to take my gesture of good faith by actually interacting with me instead of copy pasting a killbind.

And, sadly, most cops also have no reason to not assume rebels are gonna loot them for their gear then cap them even if they do reach out.

That's the problem with forcing cops/rebels into PKable situations and expecting them to want to do anything but survive.
 
In every server I've played civil protection on, I've never gone rogue. Even after being captured. 💪
I'm not your great value brand Barney Calhoun, anti citizen.
Actual gigachad who doesn't even need non-mechanical reproduction sims - has too many bitches as it is.
 
Back
Top