Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Serious HL2RP Servers - The feeling of RP

David Draun

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2020
Messages
45
This one is a bit of a doozy,
Seeming as its hard to explain - but I'll try my best.

I've played A LOT of Serious Hl2RP servers. For examples, Nebulous - Aurora - Terra, And now Willard.
But on only servers like Terra and Willard, Have I felt a feeling whilst in the midst of ANY type of RP...
It's like this- Per say I'm doing some passive RP to do some Character Development.
It usually ends in a PK on my end, Seeming as I tend to make most of my characters so dull to the point where I seek action.
But with some others I found that Passive RP can be good as long as you have good friends, the ability to make a comprehensive story in the bounds of the HL2 Universe, And have a good time!


But there IS one thing that tends to happen.
Things like to go completely out of my grasp and force me to lose characters that are my best.
You know how many PK's I've ever had? About 7-8.
So many different versions of the same characters, one after another..
SO anyways, I went off track A ton so I'm just gonna cut it down to size.

If you don't wanna read my blabbering, : Basically its just me talking about how fun passive RP and stuff can be. And no, I'm not a disguised admin.
And I do get that this sounds like propaganda to get people to stop seeking conflict. I mean- Its just me discussing how much I enjoy Passive RP.

Anyways, Ciao!
 
Don't wanna keep talking for this long, But if you wish to discuss about this kind of thing then feel free to do so!
I mean, I don't know why I'm even saying this. You already have the freedom to talk about it.
 
stop being annoying and your characters wont die lol ive only had like 2 characters pk'ed in 3 years
 
Just don't be annoying spastic and be smart. I've killed 13 CPs on my Serb char and I am still not dead.
 
Well I just learned to stop being stupid and how to avoid bad situations
 
Other than a fairly fragmented forum where you really didn't have a clear path to what you were saying other than the summary at the end, I understand what you mean.

Even though Willard isn't up, it will instantly have a very diverse community with a large group of PassiveRPers/CitizenRPers, including myself.

PassiveRP/CivRP is a massive undertaking for any server and that's why it's the most neglected 95% of the time, with Terra and hopefully Willard being those exceptions to having meaningful PassiveRP. Honestly, if you think about it Terra did a pretty shitty job with CivRP in general with lack of any Civ events besides the occasional clean-up flash storm and the lottery. Highlighting towards the end, but the players are what kept things alive and fun for those who main Civs.

If you want to play as a Civ, you need to be extroverted on your character or else you won't have fun. That's how strong bonds are established with others and meaningful relationships are created between characters. I've had some really great bonding moments with some greatly built characters on Terra and I don't think you'll get that anywhere else. Admin intervention can't create character interaction, they can only facilitate it with Civ events. You and those playing Civs have to take that into your own hands to develop your character.

Also, it's your job to keep your character out of shitty situations and develop them properly. If you have 7-8 PKs, so be it. Move on and create another diverse, interesting character that other people will want to make a relationship with. What I recommend you do:

Create a blank slate character and only assign his gender, nationality, his/her background, etc. Don't even think about what you want that character to do in-game, like be a rebel or a cop, etc. Let the story of the world and its characters guide you into a path. Let outside variables affect the development of your character. That's what I did with probably the most meaningful character that I've built and he's still around. Just don't have a plan.
 
And no, I'm not a disguised admin.
kek

I've played A LOT of Serious Hl2RP servers. For examples, Nebulous - Aurora - Terra, And now Willard.
I'm going to now try and be useful to you to help you out- first thing I'm going to say is every community mentioned here with the exception of Willard is a awful example of what a community is. What I'm getting at is- you say you've played many serious rp servers but you've cited the worst ones that've come to my mind- all in recent era. So I am going to be the one to ball-bust this one to you- You've not played alot of Serious rp communities. (Most people here haven't either. It isn't a slight.) The way you've written everything here actually comes off to me as a very fresh and newer role-player then anything but are mostly confused why you keep landing in the deep end.

It's like this- Per say I'm doing some passive RP to do some Character Development.

This is where I put the breaks on you since your main issue is getting PK'd, but can you please define passive roleplay for me because passive should never land you into a situation where your character is at threat of PK. Passive roleplay is where you're literally doing a action that is so basic whilst interacting with another character like:
-Sitting down for a meal and talking about normal every day shit with another character.
-Basic character interaction and relationship building with other characters.
-Drinking at a Bar and ordering drinks.

If you've got yourself into a situation where you've incited another character to take you out- you're not passive roleplaying. Instead you're forcing a narrative that can lead to basic consequence.

Now I'll provide the benefit of the doubt, you've cited some really shit servers as your credentials for roleplay experience so for all I know you could have a poor experienced formed by merely that which leads to getting PK'd, but the way this thread has been constructed tells me you're literally fresh to the entire scene. If I were to rate these places, I'd rate these communities around a 3-4/10.


Here's my advise to you to improve your experience long-term and I hope you seriously take it.
* Avoid Conflict at all costs, play a character with the intention of being a everyday average Joe on the street.
*Make as many In-character friends as possible and form relationships both In-character and Out-of-Character.
*Try running a totally legit business.
*Play someone who is clearly not physically superior in anyway and shifts away from conflict.
*Make your actions detailed in the most passive sense, this will attract decent people to want to be around you and have your back if you have a issue OOC'ly.
*Avoid making posts like these (There's a lot of people who just want to shit on fresh people like yourself and they operate in cliques, filter these idiots out, not even worth responding to.)
*If you want to try fix these kinds of issues, seek out someone who you think is really good at roleplay and talk to them privately about these things. I for example don't mind talking to people in Discord about these things and trying to help them iron out their roleplay if they are really interested in it and many admins are also willing to lend a hand if you're not going to be obnoxious about it.

That's all.
 
In Response to "MadCombat", Thanks for the advice! Although I've came from really shitty servers, I did learn a lot about "Seeking Action" and it's consequences, I just like ranting. The best part is that you actually did tell me that those servers sucked, Which I kind of already new, But thanks for the input! I'm not gonna make this a ramble and cut it here, But anyway, I hope you have a Merry christmas! (When it is actually christmas, That is...)
And I hope to see you again soon!
 
Back
Top