Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Implemented Sev Suggest Something (To Be Implemented Years Later)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sev

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Jul 25, 2021
Messages
112
Simple suggestion; add a function similar to scene texts that are tied to your character, meaning they are visible when people are near your character and move with you.

Could be used if your character is doing an action that cannot be represented in-game. For example, let's I'm ICly doing an action that is prolonged and isn't visible in-game besides text that only exists once the action began and only to the surrounding people. I would then set my character text to explain what prolonged action my character is doing.

Here are some more real examples:
​
- Currently my character is attending to their pot of stew (green polish sludge). It isn't necessarily readily viewable ICly when, if it were IRL, this would be viewable no questions asked. I would describe the scene in my mobile text and that would be that. This one could rather be done with a static scene text, but I personally feel like it would be best tied to the character as people entering the scene would understand which character present is doing what since it's directly tied to the character.

- My character is participating in a workshift that requires pushing carts. The Foreman has decided to delete the carts temporarily so we aren't propkilling ourselves with them. Great, now we aren't offering any passive roleplay and are now just slow walking downstairs as if we were pushing carts carefully down them. And the people trying to get up the stairs? They are confused as to why we're blocking up the stairs. Should they move out of the way? Keep going? What the hell is happening?! Well, if we describe the mobile scene with our mobile scene text, they can just read and have their character react accordingly. No one has to say ICly what's happening, they can literally visualize what's going on now!

- Last example: My character is digging through trash piles and picking up loads of (invaluable) valuables. If a player walks past me they wouldn't see that, all the items I would have gathered would be in my inventory. If I were to set my-- you get it. They'd see what I'm doing-- bla bla bla-- I'd offer more accessible passive RP, you know.

I think this pretty much sums up the idea and it's benefits. The tl;dr is that I'd like some way to show the characters around me what my character is doing that they wouldn't normally see and possibly offer some passive roleplay with it.​
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top