Silenced City

• Steam Name: Divine
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:63629212
  • Discord Name & ID: ._divine.

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: Aleksanteri Väinö / C62:i1.YELLOW-5 - C18:i1.YELLOW-5 prior to C62 assignment.
  • Role: Civil Protection: i1
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory:

• Vaino.png
    [*]Being a middle-aged man, Väinö's life has been split in two. In his younger years he was an average man who worked in journalism; a local news reporter. A man with humble beginnings, who filled his empty time with hunting, sketching, and other nature-related activities. He was no recluse, and was nearly an idol in his low population town. He had goals of leadership, and sought a career in politics. A mayoral candidate who lost his race - not to an opponent but the Combine invasion causing him to bring up arms.

After seven fruitless hours, he surrendered with his other townsfolk who weren't dead yet, and tried to rally the people to forfeit themselves to the Combine so no further blood would be spilt. He may have very well rallied them straight into the first instances of Civil Protection, which led him to enlistment some time later - leading by example and bravery to start, though slowly leading down the path of brutality and narcissism both because of the Overwatch AI threatening his family's wellbeing, but the mental anguish of this new life. Changed by war, and threatened when he showed too much care to his subordinates. He still helped where he could, so even with his years of service he was never elevated to Rank Leader or Captaincy.

Though his service as Civil Protection brought him across the world, he finally ended up back in his home country. What's better in a combat zone then a man who knows the land and potential language of the resistance? Not to mention, the chaos... The Overwatch got the 'vital assets' out, and left the Intention One who strayed too much to his death; a suicide mission alongside new units.

• Name your character's favorite activity: Sketching nature, buildings, and animals... As long as he isn't seen by Overwatch.​

- APPLICATION FORMAT -

- Section One -

Steam Name: Dazor

Steam ID:

Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Dazor/dazors

- Section Two -
Character name / Tagline: SHIELD-3

Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): i3

Short (or detailed) character backstory: The man now known as SHIELD-3 is a selfish, manipulative, son of a bitch. Originally signing up it Civil Protection as a means to live a comfortable life in this dystopian hell-hole. Unlike others, he understood the hopelessness of trying to be compassionate and help others. Once upon a time before the occupation he was most definitely a good man, but now he understood that isn’t possible in this world now.

However, it’s not like he is a sadistic menace who beats people unnecessarily. It isn’t about power or control but simple living. The anarchy in the Silenced City works makes the job better rather than worse. Now able to smoke, drink and end indulge in all other pleasures is a god-send for him; and with a weapon by his side the world is his oyster.

Notably, Shield-3 has become non-conforming with his attire. A recent injury to his face has left the left side of his face and helmet badly scarred.

Name your character's favourite activity: Smoking and drinking.

Steam Name:

marco

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:39958603

Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]

Marco.7184

1725311038608.png

CopPort.png

1725316630924.png

1725311182778.png

Asbjorn Nikula

Traitor to all of man, Kinslayer, Amoral, Brutal.

Father of three, Husband, Hero, Trustworthy, Guardian of Sixty-Two.

A hunter, bearing Finnish and Icelandic roots, thirty nine years old.

Born in Laugar, 1981, yet moving to Finland only a year later. He learnt Icelandic and Finnish upon command of his Father, a harsh figure upon his youth. Demanding strength and pride from his only son. An academic nightmare, despite his multilinguity, a stark contrast to his talent for hunting game. Unmatched even for locals within the Alavus Countryside. Whether it be pure talent or a result of learning from a young age. He learnt how to handle a hunting rifle, to make himself blend with the environment, and how to quickly kill his prey. He felled his first deer when he was ten years of age. The rifle dislocated his shoulder as the bullet kicked through both his shoulder and the creatures neck.

My shoulder cried in pain, tears flowing from my eyes and a groan following afterwards. My father rushed. Not to me, but to the bleeding dear. He shouts, reprimanding me for a messy shot, not even sparing a second glance to my inflammed shoulder. He stomps over, pushing me to the ground. Slandering me as a disappointment. He pushed me to the ground, my shoulder clicking into place as it pinches a nerve on the way, causing yet another cry, it didn't hurt as badly as when he hit me though. Why was my papa being so mean? Mother always told me to fight back. She said not against loved ones though.

When was the last time he said he loved me?

The boy picked the rifle from the forest ground, pulling the chambering bolt back.

"Did you ever love me?"

He didn't come home that night.

I saw a woman, one so beautiful that I couldn't stop staring. I didn't know how to talk to her. Those amber eyes looked back at mine, piercing through my heart. I've never felt this way before. She looked stunning. A contrast to myself, as if I was stranded in the wild for the duration of my life. I looked away, and she approached. She smelt of the forest, of Roses and Lavendar. Her skin smoother than the Winter Snow, her smile brighter than the sun. The woman of my dreams, able to fix my broken soul. She cared. With nothing else running through my mind, I remembered my mother's last words and spoke them.

"I love you."

What would you sacrifice for family?

What makes a life more important than another?

These questions he asked himself as he killed the freedom fighters of Greater Finland. The combine granted him luxury, granted him security. The ability to put his skills to use. He managed to meet his wife again. Yet he felt it was off, did she love him anymore? After what he did? After the secrets he kept from her? The six years before the Combine came were the greatest years of his life. Even through the Portal Storms, he kept them safe. When the portal storms reigned, he killed those creatures that lurked in the forest. His resolve maintained by blind love, for that of his Wife and Children.

"What were their names?"

He was happy he could continue protecting them, he wanted them to be happy. His head started aching as he thought about his family. He knew they were there, he knew what was and what is, yet something was missing. He knew it. Her name, he knew her name. Why couldn't he say it, why couldn't he think of it? He injected a syringe into his leg, and the pain went away.

CopMeeting.png

I listen to the grim news delievered. The City was under-attack. Not any rebels, the situation deteroriated to the extent we needed their help. The foes weren't any normal aliens either, the likes of Gonomes and Antlions were manageable, this was far beyond even Overwatch.. I would've thought that a crazy thought, yet bullets barely hold them back. They tore down the Suppression walls, wreaking havoc among the outer-districts of City Sixty-two. The Captain stares at me, expecting a response. My second side-eyes me, the hesitant delay of my response causing a stifling atmosphere within the watchtower. I lay my finger on a section of the map. Explaining a plan that not even I myself believe will work, yet they go through with it.

A bridge leading into the city is destroyed, delaying the enemy from breaking through and reinforcing the surface garrison. Yet the issue returns underground in concentrated force, the underground Resistance being instantly routed and sent above ground. The issue deteroriated into chaos as they broke into the city. I climbed into a transport truck, and drove through the chaos to the garrison with what VIPs I could gather.

Upon his arrival, a pair of dropships arrived carrying the Captain and Vice-Administrator off to areas unknown, relaying their last orders to him.

"Defend. Defend what you can 'Hunter'. We will come back for you."

Attachments

• 1725311085564.png
    1725311085564.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
- Section One -
Steam Name: The Sniper
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:6533079
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Kaisler #3325

- Section Two -

a7Xmlsv.jpeg

Character name / Tagline:

Richard Travis Wilde

Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR):

Former T-7 Collaborator, Expedition Leader (Nightfall), Survivor of the Failed Expedition

Short (or detailed) character backstory:

It is more than twenty years ago that his family perished during the evacuation of 2005. His desire to relent and submit to solidify his position was only strengthened by the belief of his dead family. Advancing high within the echelons of the new state, his background as a forensic scientist; a wild roamer in Texas and a hobby for science and nature had made Richard Wilde into a well-established Tier-7 Collaborator, operating over a variety of departments across continental Europe, mostly City 13 and then the cities in Germany due to his multitude of abilities and usages for the regime.

His life was his devotion to the Occupant, those who had given him everything. Filling a gaping void in his own traumas. For had it not been he? Who had left them that night ahead, in belief that the evacuation busses would make it in time to pick them up He hadn't been the greatest father, despite his genius.. mostly neglecting them before the war with his interests and life taking priority. Sometimes, he’d think about them... drinking his fancy wine and food, unlike those below. It wouldn't be long however, that the news suddenly dropped.

The appearance of his family had caused a rockade, due to his *apparent* daughter being designated a malingant and an Anti-Citizen in City 24 due to active terrorism against the new state. Angry, either at the loss of his status and his legitimacy within this new hierarchy... then the news of his youngest son, his death in the former United States. His son, designated as an "Anti-Citizen" was transported to an unknown location after a failed attack on a Combine facility and was bound on the razor trains - only for him never to make it there. Labled as dead in the train accident; the status of Richard Travis Wilde had begun to fall from grace.

Being the first to sign himself up, despite his still rather high-rank - he couldn't gamble for it to hold unless proven otherwise. All the while, the thoughts began to gnaw at him, pondering upon his children's sudden appearances after believed them to be dead. Was it all a ploy by rivals? Or had it been a lie? A lie told over and over again, for him to believe... no matter the case, he'd re-establish his prestige and honour with this expedition and then... perhaps seek after these imposters that claim to be his children.

Post Nightfall

As the Rank-Leader revealed his betrayal, the massacre had begun. The ritual hadn't even properly ended before blood had begun to spill in the old bunker once housing the survivors of the valley. As blood and gore started to fester and evil only one's imagination could properly understand began to take a hold; chaos and death lingering in the darkness. Wilde, left on the floor heavily wounded - began to crawl for his life. As he who once had been a human behind a mask, now converging into a nightmarish entity began to fester on those brave enough to try and make a stand, Wilde managed to escape with two others - survivors of the Valley. Into the unknown and destitute wilderness that no one had traversed in a long time.

Even as weeks or even months passed by, the struggle to survive remained. It had been purely by luck that he had managed to survive, or was it the machinations of the evil he had seen in the valley? Whatever the cause, no one could turn back now. No one could reverse the memory of what had happened. The Eldritch horror that one's mind is unable to comprehend remains as a glimmering memorial of the slain and the wicked. You think you'd make it out alive? No one makes it out alive. This ain't living. For we have seen the God's of those in the past, there are worse things out there than the ones who subjugated us. Even if you made it out, or so you think - you are still there, trapped forever.

Nothing can reverse what has already begun. The decay of humanity, the decay of one's self. You stand to look at yourself in the mirror, but the reflection is not you. It has never been you - for this body of ours is nothing but a vessel. And if you do not thread carefully - the pits of Hell will open beneath your feet and swallow you whole. Nothing is changed, for whatever you choose to do - it still lingers with you, forever. There is no going back, there is no future - there is only the past and the present..

Name your character's favorite activity:

Reading, Tracking & Hunting, Surviving, Memories of a family long gone, Ending the Nightmare.

Steam Name:
Lekoboi

Steam ID:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198943794733/

Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]:
Leko
lekoboi

Kole Parks

The Redneck
1725370308601.png

Your Average Slummer.

Born in South Carolina and raised on a homestead by his two hillbilly parents, Parks learned useful skills for his upcoming slum life under the Combine occupation. He was often relocated between Europe and Africa due to his activity in the slums being viewed as "suspicious" by Civil Protection. After several relocations between the remaining American and Canadian urban centers, he ended up in Combine-occupied Boston, City Sixteen. Annoyed by the still predominantly Yankee-Bostonian population, he decided he needed to get out of there quickly. So, he signed up for whatever Conscript Reserve existed at the time. He lasted in the Conscripts for a few months before being discharged and relocated to Europe. For about a decade, he unwillingly explored almost every city on the continent, many of which he hadn’t even known existed. He was eventually relocated to City 62, which wasn’t much of a burden since he had already been there. He stayed there for a couple of months before the crisis. Being a simple slummer, his fate would soon surely be decided...

Parks loves Fishing, playing his Banjo which he somehow managed to smuggle with him throughout the years, and also being a Troublemaker.

Walking in a Winter Wonderland.jpg
<:: The suit's not half as thick as it should be. Maybe it's meant to keep us awake. ::>
Steam Name: tsaoT
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42303776
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: tsaoT (answer to both)

Character name / Tagline: PATROL-54

Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Civil Protection Intention 4

Short (or detailed) character backstory: A Finnish native through-and-through... but clearly not enough to go and tag-along with the Lions and their resistance, given he formed up with the Civil Protection of City 62 as soon as he had the chance.

Prone to bouts of nervousness that he thought might preclude him from its ranks, they ended up working in his favour as a member of Civil Protection, as it just meant he was more inclined to look at a group and think the worst; a thing very-much to the combine's benefit. Not that such a position lasted very long before... well. Everything.

And when it falls apart around you; you, a jumble of fear eager to pull the trigger on anything that looks just a little bit too non-human, any noise that sounds a little bit too unnatural?

That trait keeps one living.

Name your character's favorite activity: Poetry. Destroyed shortly after it's written- if it was written in the first place. Wouldn't want anybody interpreting it as anti-Combine, after all.

- Section One -

• Steam Name: Bi-Em
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:116393258
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Bi-Em / bi_em420

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: Stanisław Łakowski

The voices won't stop..

They won't stop begging him to open the door.. To let them in..To let all of them in...

No..No....
    • He can't listen to them...they are not there anymore...It is not them...no...no...

Stanisław searches the cabinets, making a mess of his already dirty little shelter, he made for himself.

This was once a operational room, those that got heavily injured? ..Well they ended up in here, with hope's that their Tier of Loyality was high enough, to get a good treatment.

But they never were given it..

The door ... it keeps on being banged on by them..but how could they?
      Their hands were no longer there, all of them got ripped to shreds.

Their screams when it happen..it is there again.

• Paper's scatter around the room, shallow breathing emits from Stanisław, as he finally finds what he been looking for..

Simple small syringe that will shut the voices for a while, like it has done already so many times in the past.

The voices and banging becomes louder as the tip of it comes closer to his arm.

His head hurts as the voices scream, all of them begging to open this goddamn door.
      .but soon enough they are gone.

One by one they vanish.

Stanisław sits against the wall, as sweat pours down his forehead...

Finally, it is silent again..

The room is silent..

The Clinic is silent..

The Bodies outside are silent..

The City is silent.

1725714871946.png

• Name your character's favorite activity: Keeping the voices silent.

Last edited:
- Section One -

• Steam Name: Omega
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70142626
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: agemorb

"Give me Liberty, or give me Death!"
- KING-15 quoting Patrick Henry, upon discussing the prospects of 'going home'.
- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: Joseph McKay / C31:i5.KING-15
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Veteran
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: After getting into a fist fight with his superiors, KING-15 (also known as Joseph McKay) was assigned to the "Wolf Regiment" as punishment- with the intention of his death. However, through his willpower and astute nature he had somehow prevailed, wandering the wastes of Greenland after declaring his loyalties to HELIX-03.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Fishing, Shooting.

- Section One -

• Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: agemorb

- Section Two -

• Short (or detailed) character backstory: After getting into a fist fight with his superiors, KING-15 (also known as Joseph McKay) was assigned to the "Wolf Regiment" as punishment- with the intention of his death. However, through his willpower and astute nature he had somehow prevailed, wandering the wastes of Greenland after declaring his loyalties to HELIX-03.

15:

frank gallagher quote GIF by Showtime

Last edited:
fd3KQFn.png
- Section One -
  • Steam Name: boots
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:194599358
  • Discord Name & ID: @swaats
- Section Two -

gxI1BWZ.png

IaaKZ0l.gif

• Character Name: Yang Li | C12:i2.DEFENDER-4
  • Role: i2
  • Character Backstory:
  • An estemeed member of the protectorate, hailing his origins from the People's Republic of China. A common ally of the Soviets and proudly hanging its red banner. Now commonly known as City 12; he grew up in the slums of Macau, a towering pillaging block of shanty houses built from the scraps of whatever its inhabitants could find amongst the rubble. What started as a small commune of poor farmers quickly grew into a bustling city teeming with crime. A culturally rich place, not without its woes but also not missing its charm.

His English is poor, and morals lacking, they will do anything to survive the predicant they find themselves in. Not quick to turn his cloak without cause however, for he recognizes there are strengths in numbers and power amongst his kin.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Perfecting his English vocabulary, commonly seen digging into a dictionary which he carries around like his bible.
6EFSJ9C.png

bhQUsh8.png

Last edited:
<:: ACCESSING BODY-COUNT DATA, FILE NO. 1 ::>
ACCEPTED as Veteran

C̸̬̭̟̏̄͛̂̃̊͒̈̄̈̊̚͘̚-̵͚̪̾̽̐́̈́̽̽3̷̧̧̢̛̛̛̞͙͉͋́͋́̈́͘͝ͅ1̴̨̞̟͙͕͂̑̍͑͒́͌:̸͖͕͕̲̯̣̀̈́̆̎͐̇͛͝i̷̧̲͍̹̝̝̪̯̬̙̪͒̅͗̌͊̎̉͆͠͝3̴̫̟̿͗̄̓̀̓̈́́.̶̦̍̅̂̓̆̌͂͊̑̓̌͗̔̚͝Ḣ̶ͅẺ̸̢̟̭Ļ̵̡̠̭͚̪͂̅̀̽̚͘İ̶̢̦̲̟̹̥͔̦͎͙̯̠̼́̀̑͆̄͂̈Ẍ̷̢͎̪́͒̉́̿̒̈͊̂̓̑̿̽͒͘-̸̳̖̣̘̣̦̫̰͍͙͓̯̻̻̝̍̐0̶̡̧̫̹͔̹͚̰̯̣̺̭͈͉͆͌̃͝3̶̫̬̟͉̱̼̦̘̝̠̪̌̓̉̈́͛̌̅̎͆̈͘͝ͅͅͅ

View attachment 37454

"He left us all. He left us all for dead. Betrayed, forgotten, abandoned. Like we were disposable."
"Some survived, the rest... Not so fortunate."
"Funny isn't it? Straight from the frying pan and into another fire up in that frozen hellhole, once again me being one of the few survivors."
"Cursed? Nah, I don't think so."

-Section One-

Steam Name: cjtn10
Steam ID: 76561198090576520
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: cjtn10#0309

- Section Two -
Character name / Tagline: C-31:i3:HELIX-03
Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Veteran
Short (or detailed) character backstory: Abandoned for dead in the C-53 QZ, HELIX-03 has shown resilience through several trials and tribulations deemed unfathomable.
Name your character's favorite activity: Medicine.

ACCEPTED as Vortigaunt
View attachment 37455

A creature with a grey skin and piercing blue eyes watches through the snowstorm at an encampment below. It is occupied by a group of Protectors, led by two soldiers of the Ulathoi. The creature watches as both meet their demise by the hands of those that they were meant to lead.

"It would seem that the Earth-Walkers have chosen the path of knowledge kindred... Allow us to provide them guidance and knowledge."

- Section One -
Steam Name: Stanford
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:41852222
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: stanford5039

- Section Two -

Character name / Tagline: Gaka'Yirh'Vas
Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Vortigaunt
Short (or detailed) character backstory: Gaka'Yirh'Vas was in the frozen wastes alongside the remnants of his tribe. Together he sought to achieve the goals of his tribe and ensure the artifacts were found. He watched the group of Protectors as they searched through the icey lands, destined to perish if it weren't for some very brave functionaries who had decided to go against their overlords. Now he guides them across the wasteland alongside his kin, onwards to their next target within the regions of city 62.
Name your character's favorite activity: Hunting
ACCEPTED as Veteran

- Section One -
Steam Name: Taliazure
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67985352
Discord Name & ID: Taliazure

- Section Two -
1713016476215.png

Full Tagline (City 31): C31:i5.UNION-20

Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Intention 5

First forcefully, assigned onto Dropship 2, sent out to a cold blanket of a landscape to die, left to rot along the few that survived.
Now pushed onto a rubble of what was once a city, filled with things that would make any men question reality, how can one withstand such suffering?

U-20 was a arrogant loyalist before all this, having climbed her way up the ladder she felt as if she had done enough to those around her and she was /owed/ now. But that behaviour got the best of the worst person you could get to, rank leaders.
She found herself not long being taken away and forcefully conscripted, the now seemingly well dressed clean loyalist finds herself in muddy boots and shattered armor, amidst the scraps of a dropship along with other doomed souls. She was sent out to the cold landscape, her dropship failed and crashed, killing some of the units within, she was able to survive alongside the others and make her way through the dead lands now onto a hellish hole of unimaginable anomalies.

Name your character's favorite activity: Painting and drawing.​

ACCEPTED as Conscript

- APPLICATION FORMAT -

- Section One -
  • Steam Name: Wraygun
  • Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:168504023
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: wraygun

- Section Two
  • Character name / Tagline: Jean Villeroy-Bosch
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): CCR, junior command.
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: A young Frenchman that was barely enlisted. Ambitious higher than the Eiffel tower he was used to see on a daily basis. His story will end in death, or with a much-needed career boost.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Cussing out people for dumb reasons.
ACCEPTED as Vortigaunt

"And here you stand, forsaken, doomed to this frozen waste."
"We shall provide you succour, and sequester you within our den."

View attachment 37456

An ochre-skinned beast, with piercing sapphire eyes.

-Section One-
  • Steam Name: BBL Drizzy
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:113000235
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Kena? / kena8826

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: T'vah'Shur
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Vortigaunt
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: T'vah's past is just as any other vortigaunt. Albeit a young specimen of its kind, it was in equal measure forced from the Xenian borderworld to earth. It, however, was collected, processed, and sent to the place formerly known as Finland. Particularly- City Sixty-two. The resistance was strong, then, and less likely to be so easily stamped out. Summarily, T'vah had been released, unshackled, and taken within a non descript group that fought the Combine's encroaching, tightening grip. This, however, proved too much, and so T'vah was made to flee with remnants scattering to the winds. It was picked up by a small tribe, taught their ways of survival within the wastelands. It was at this time, they had found a few deserted functionaries of the Civil Protection. So, they watched, and waited for the correct time to act.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Ice-fishing during the winter, regular fishing during the summer.

ACCEPTED as Vortigaunt

- Section One -

• Steam Name: Garlic
  • Steam ID: 0:0:511615842
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Short Stories Discord Name: Garlic. Discord: garlic5067

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: Ki'Lor
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Vortigaunt
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: Ki'Lor, a Vortigaunt that had heard of the remnants of what had transpired in Frozen Tears. He had received information about one of his kindred dying trying to destroy the sacred item; "The Artifact". Hearing this news Ki'Lor decided to tag along, as his previous kindred who we're very close to Ki'Lor had also tried to destroy it, But we're also killed by the Combine. Maybe in this story, Ki'Lor will be able to avenge all of his fallen brothers by finally destroying "The Artifact" and finally proving their legacy had mean't something in his eyes.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Adventures.

Extra Notes: I wanted to keep this application short. Main reason is I already see two Vortigaunt applications that are likely to be accepted and didn't wanna be left out from this SS event, as this might be the first time i'm ever a Vortigaunt in a SS event and also because Frozen Tears was pretty good, so I thought this would be too, since they're resuming the story from there.

ACCEPTED as Conscript
- Section One -

Steam Name: John Francis
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:104817329
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: John Turkïye

- Section Two -

Character name / Tagline: Viktor Volinski

Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Stafflain Grade 1 / Junior Command

Not much is known about the man's history prior to conscription, outside of him surviving in notable insurgencies against the combine. At the border between Finland and Russia. Later captured, and forced into conscription. He was posted within the Finnish Reserves, into an endless role of being cannon fodder. Though to survive is to live, survive he did. Becoming a well off Stafflain in a role where the young die early.

Upon the fall of City 62, dependent on the leadership of the MCP Overseer and Colonel responsible for his unit. He is the remaining few to have survived the onslaught of these vile, indiscriminate monsters that came above. Taking charge of his small squad, and in turn seeking for their survival. Even when abandoned. Calling himself the new commanding officer of his squad.

- Bird Hunting
- Killing Ukrainians
- Killing Georgians
- Killing Finnish
ACCEPTED as Citizen - Resistance

Steam Name: Brennen
Steam ID: 76561198359555613
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: brennenw05, 466333885983358976

View attachment 37457
Character Name: Father Joseph White
Role: Citizen - Resistance Pastor and Medic
Short (or detailed) character backstory: Faith. Faith is at the center of the man before you. Joseph has always been a man of the church. After the war, he delved more in the Lord's word. Even as the world itself broke down on faith, he sought to teach the gospel. He found himself leading the people of revolt in prayer. Eventually aiding them in combat, healing their wounds, and their spirts.
Even now, as he aids both his people, and his former enemies, fighting demons untold. He still preaches the holy word. For faith is Humanities greatest tool. Though a shotgun never hurt either.

Ephesians 6:11

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil."

Name your character's favorite activity: Preaching the good word.

ACCEPTED as Veteran
AUTONOMOUS.HERO-04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<:: LINE taught me to fight and we were the ones to put him down. ::>
<:: I've killed our own, ones that just want to get to their family. ::>

<:: Yet, I was just following orders. ::>
<:: . . That's
all I am, Just a soldier. ::>

<:: I regret EVERYTHING. ::>
<:: I couldn't just let them live their life. ::>

<:: -- I'm sorry, H-19. ::>
<:: I wish I could have saved you. ::>

<:: . . We live and die by your orders, Three. ::>
<:: Even if I live with guilt. ::>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 37458

- Section One -

• Steam Name: lyingfox
  • Steam ID: lyingf0x
  • Discord Name & ID : lyingfox ///// 636561864976760876

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: HERO-04
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Veteran (i4/i3 i think..?)

• Character's favorite activity: Trapping, marksmanship, lock picking.
  • Character's weaknesses: Guilt, lying, following orders first;asking questions later.

ACCEPTED as Conscript
IT'S CONSCRIPT TIME, BABY​

- Section One -
  • Steam Name: ThomasK
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:120901350
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: thomask110

- Section Two -
  • Character name / Tagline: Jaakko Pielinen
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Conscript, CG-1
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: A criminal in the eyes of the Combine and pretty much anybody he’s encountered. He was arrested 5 years ago for murder and sent to the CCR after grassing up about half a dozen resistance figures. When he got there, he stopped his criminal ways… For about a month until he realised that nobody gave a shit, so long as he could follow orders, not be a cunt towards his comrades, and not draw too much attention to them.

Now, his modest soldiering skills are being put to the test, with City 62 being turned from a safe haven to a hellhole, and Jaakko left with his rifle and comrades to try and stay alive, at least they're not entirely incompetent.

• Name your character's favourite activity: Drinking, reading, robbing civilians of anything he likes the look of.
ACCEPTED as Conscript
blast from the past baby you know what time it is
- APPLICATION FORMAT -

- Section One -

Steam Name: fallizs
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:512853308
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: fallizs

- Section Two -

View attachment 37463
View attachment 37469
Conscript, CG-3

A young long-haired Finnish man who wanted to be in a black metal band, but was conscripted for his criminal activities and association with a rebel cell, snitching on 1/3 of the people he knew. He is the most recent conscript, and the lowest rank of them all, but can understand a basic order despite his language handicap - only knowing basic english but fluent in Finnish; only surviving from the care of the other doomed Conscripts alongside him.

Collecting CDs
Pickpocketing
Ice Baths​

ACCEPTED as Citizen - CWU Management
Steam Name: Cengo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:113942347
Discord Name & ID : cengo62

- Section Two -

Character name / Tagline: Gerhard Hartmann

View attachment 37470

Gerhardt Hartmann was once a man of quiet ambitions, content to live within the grinding machinery of the city’s bureaucracy. A senior member of the Civil Workers Union, he spent his days ensuring that the endless paperwork flowed smoothly, all while subtly skimming supplies from the system. He was meticulous, stealing just enough to avoid suspicion, and selling the goods on the black market. With each sale, he came a step closer to his dream: a life far away from the choking smog and the ever-watchful eyes of the authorities.

His plan was simple—save enough to buy equipment, bribe the right officials, and vanish into the wilderness beyond the city walls. The city, with its towering buildings and labyrinthine streets, had always seemed impenetrable, both a fortress and a prison. But for Gerhardt, escape was not just a possibility; it was a certainty.

Until the creatures came.

One night, without warning, the city’s alarms blared, and strange, otherworldly beasts began pouring through the once-impenetrable defenses. No one knew where they came from or what they wanted. Panic spread like wildfire, and the city's orderly existence descended into chaos. Gerhardt's well-laid plans crumbled in an instant.

Now, trapped within the walls he once longed to escape, Gerhardt must find another way out. His old life as a bureaucrat and a thief means nothing in this new reality. The only thing that matters now is survival. The city is no longer just a cage—it’s a battleground. And Gerhardt Hartmann, once a man who lived in the shadows, must navigate a world overrun by horrors if he ever hopes to see the world beyond the city walls.

"In the shadows I stride, where darkness is wide, with silence as guide, I in stealth abide"
(You may roleplay as if you were never caught, just still being a smuggler. Denied due to overpopulation on Conscripts)
- Section One -

Steam Name: Kryzys
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:63649991
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: kryzys90

- Section Two -

Character name / Tagline: Aleksander Kurowski.
Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Conscript, CG-3
Short (or detailed) character backstory: A former member of the Polish 25th Air Cavalry Brigade. Resistance fighter, and a weapons smuggler that ended in Finland during one of his many journeys and whom was caught after a deal gone wrong. Pressganged into the CCR after taking a deal with his captors that assured his survival.
Name your character's favorite activity: Reading, and hand-sewing.
View attachment 37472
ACCEPTED as i2

View attachment 37479
View attachment 37481

\View attachment 37466
View attachment 37480

The bonfire's haze eludes me, the shattered dreams elude you
The words "You are under arrest!" Have long since deafened your senses
The priest we hired told us your confession -- we didn't much need it anyway,
But the thought helped, didn't it?
That bloodied nose doesn't bode well for your looks, my dear girl,
But what the Hell should I care? I'm dancing! We're dancing!
The band of policemen circle around the fire, kicking our feet,
The loot practically singing along,
The outlaws sound their cheer!
The KGB Border Guards sends her re-guards!
Hah!
To that liberal Gorbachev?
To the Combine? Does it even matter anymore?
No, no.
No.
It doesn't.

The frogs lead us forward, through the abyss,
To 'Sixty-Two'. Damn these numbers,
Helsinki? Turku? Tallinn? Leningrad?
Only God or the learned knows!

They want us to destroy these artifacts,
I say fuck them! These aliens are liars, sent to us by the freemasons! I want one for my own!
Maybe we can become immortal? Maybe we can change time?
Bring back the old days! Bring back the Apparatchiki, bring back Stalin!
No more Wreckers, no more rebels, no more whores!
Eternal peace!
Maybe I can bring you back from the dead, my bloodied dear? Would you like that?
And YES, we shall dance again!
Dance!
Banditry!
Dance!
Banditry!
Dance!
Banditry!
Dance!
Dance!
Dance!
View attachment 37478

OOC FEATURED BELOW
- Section One -

• Steam Name: Botulism City
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47312124
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Deathinthemidwest

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: Gor Davtyan, VICE-01
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): RL, if not, I1-I2.
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: Presented above. Some rather deranged Armenian-Russian Rank Lead in his 50s. He's going to be rogue, I presume, like the rest, but instead of a goody-two-shoes he's just a corrupt thug and a bandit. Went on this journey just to amass a fortune for himself, and has an inkling that he can obtain all that and more from a supernatural..Source. He believes that he alone can harness an artifact for his own power. Imagine how that'll go.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Winter Swimming
ACCEPTED as Veteran

I barely survived the last time I got involved with an artefact...Oh-Three dragged me out last second--heard her yelling. Vorts did their magic, bada-beem bada-boom. Here I am...alive and kickin', when others aren't...God knows what happened to my family after the last debacle.

Suppose I ought to fight for them and lay down my life--That'd be the noble thing to do, right? But to tell you the truth...I don't wanna die. I ain't gonna die.

What was it Four said? "We live and die by your orders, Three"?
Nah...I'll live by them, for sure. But I ain't dying, not just yet. Not till I find her.

AUTONOMOUS UNIT

C31:i5.HELIX-15
"The new guy"

View attachment 37474
View attachment 37475

<:: UNIT PROFILE ::>
<:: LOADING... ::>

WARNING: UNIT IS AUTONOMOUS AND IS NOT TO BE INTERACTED WITH, IF SPOTTED REPORT TO RANK LEADER. SUBJECT IS CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS.
GENERAL ORDERS: CAPTURE OR KILL.

<:: UNIT TAGLINE: C31:i5.HELIX-15 ::>
FULL NAME: CHRISTOPHER DAVIES
UNIT INTENTION: INTENTION 5
DATE OF INDUCTION: JANUARY 2020
<:: SERVICE HISTORY ::>
COMMENDATIONS: N/A
ARRESTS: 2
AMPUTATIONS: 0
BLACKMARKS: 1
<:: BLACKMARK HISTORY ::>
FAILURE TO UPHOLD RANK LEADER'S BIO-SIGNAL, CAUSING THE DEATH OF SAID RANK LEADER DURING A RAID.
<:: FAMILY COHESION ::>
FRACTURED
MOTHER: AUBERY DAVIES - DECEASED
FATHER: ANDREW DAVIES - DECEASED
SPOUSE: VICTORIA DAVIES NÉE SAWYERS - DECEASED
DAUGHTER: ELIZABETH DAVIES - UNKNOWN
<:: CLOSING... ::>

View attachment 37476

SECTION 1:
Name: BantaMan
Steam ID: 76561198123085445
Discord name/ID: BantaMan

SECTION 2:
Character Name / Tagline: Christopher Davies / C31:i5.HELIX-15
Role: Veteran
Short (or detailed) character backstory: Sent as part of the "Wolf Regiment", left for dead in a frozen wasteland. Brought back from the brink of death by Vortessence, brought back to fight once more.
Name your character's favorite activity: Living. Alternatively, reading old medical journals.

- Section One -

• Steam Name: Bounter
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:56174230
  • Discord Name & ID: Bounter & bounter_

- Section Two -

View attachment 37482

• Character name: Antioch Karlin
  • Role: Citizen - Resistance Demolitionist / Engineer
  • Character backstory: Antioch, is a man around his 30s, whose roots originally hail from what was known as Levant. Not much is known about his past sadly, or his family however, aside from the fact, that he has been living in City 62 for quite a while, before shit hit the fan. Until it did, he was a demolitionist and a workshopper for the resistance in the area, makeshifting bombs, breaching changes, nades, alongside creating or repairing other basic goods. After the mysterious situation occured however, he has been holding onto what he has, and seeks out ways to make things, to assist any survivors he can, in all ways he may. Of course, if he has to.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Making and using explosives, and other goods.
DENIED (Put some effort into it. You can do better than this, come on.)
Veteran from Nightfall
View attachment 37484
ACCEPTED as Conscript
  • Steam Name: 0xNiklas
  • Steam ID: idk
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: 0xNiklastm

Enni Johannson
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR):
    Conscript Grade One
    An early Finnish adult, scared from battle. This Veteran served the Conscripts a long time in numerous operations. Prior to his conscription, he was a slummer most of the time. He had no purpose, as his prior record was too tarnished for any service. So, he opted to join the Conscripts. He redeemed himself via valour in combat and got himself rehabilitated. And kept to continue his service to the force.
  • Name your character's favorite activity:
    Alcohol.
ACCEPTED as Conscript
Steam Name: Fiddu
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:575373877
Discord Name & ID Fiddu - Cool7064

Character name / Tagline: Juho Väätäinen
Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Junior Command

View attachment 37497

Juho, a soldier, with a clear straight posture he's a man clearly over 180 cm. His commands are delivered in a loud voice, leaving no room for idle chatter. At 49 years old, he's no longer much of a boy. From Upper Finland, he had already experienced war, having commanded troops during the Combine invasion. In just a few hours, he had faced hard times.

Juho gently flicked the ash from the tip of his cigarette, tapping his foot on the ground looking over the scratched and bloody map tooken from a fallen soldier, he points with his middle finger onto the map "We hold our ground here and regroup, we're moving forward once this blizzard clears up." Juho added in a worried and somewhat uncertain voice to the small group of soldier's left under his command. Juho gave a wave to the group before turning back to his cigarette, taking another cloud of smoke.
Name your character's favorite activity: Craftsmanship
ACCEPTED as i1
  • Steam Name: Divine
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:63629212
  • Discord Name & ID: ._divine.

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: Aleksanteri Väinö / C62:i1.YELLOW-5 - C18:i1.YELLOW-5 prior to C62 assignment.
  • Role: Civil Protection: i1

• [*]Being a middle-aged man, Väinö's life has been split in two. In his younger years he was an average man who worked in journalism; a local news reporter. A man with humble beginnings, who filled his empty time with hunting, sketching, and other nature-related activities. He was no recluse, and was nearly an idol in his low population town. He had goals of leadership, and sought a career in politics. A mayoral candidate who lost his race - not to an opponent but the Combine invasion causing him to bring up arms.

After seven fruitless hours, he surrendered with his other townsfolk who weren't dead yet, and tried to rally the people to forfeit themselves to the Combine so no further blood would be spilt. He may have very well rallied them straight into the first instances of Civil Protection, which led him to enlistment some time later - leading by example and bravery to start, though slowly leading down the path of brutality and narcissism both because of the Overwatch AI threatening his family's wellbeing, but the mental anguish of this new life. Changed by war, and threatened when he showed too much care to his subordinates. He still helped where he could, so even with his years of service he was never elevated to Rank Leader or Captaincy.

Though his service as Civil Protection brought him across the world, he finally ended up back in his home country. What's better in a combat zone then a man who knows the land and potential language of the resistance? Not to mention, the chaos... The Overwatch got the 'vital assets' out, and left the Intention One who strayed too much to his death; a suicide mission alongside new units.

• Name your character's favorite activity: Sketching nature, buildings, and animals... As long as he isn't seen by Overwatch.​
ACCEPTED as i3
- APPLICATION FORMAT -

- Section One -

Steam Name: Dazor

Steam ID:

Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Dazor/dazors

- Section Two -
Character name / Tagline: SHIELD-3

Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): i3

Short (or detailed) character backstory: The man now known as SHIELD-3 is a selfish, manipulative, son of a bitch. Originally signing up it Civil Protection as a means to live a comfortable life in this dystopian hell-hole. Unlike others, he understood the hopelessness of trying to be compassionate and help others. Once upon a time before the occupation he was most definitely a good man, but now he understood that isn’t possible in this world now.

However, it’s not like he is a sadistic menace who beats people unnecessarily. It isn’t about power or control but simple living. The anarchy in the Silenced City works makes the job better rather than worse. Now able to smoke, drink and end indulge in all other pleasures is a god-send for him; and with a weapon by his side the world is his oyster.

Notably, Shield-3 has become non-conforming with his attire. A recent injury to his face has left the left side of his face and helmet badly scarred.

Name your character's favourite activity: Smoking and drinking.
ACCEPTED as Rank Leader
Steam Name:

marco

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:39958603

Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]

Marco.7184

View attachment 37500

View attachment 37502

View attachment 37506

View attachment 37503

Asbjorn Nikula

Traitor to all of man, Kinslayer, Amoral, Brutal.

Father of three, Husband, Hero, Trustworthy, Guardian of Sixty-Two.

A hunter, bearing Finnish and Icelandic roots, thirty nine years old.

Born in Laugar, 1981, yet moving to Finland only a year later. He learnt Icelandic and Finnish upon command of his Father, a harsh figure upon his youth. Demanding strength and pride from his only son. An academic nightmare, despite his multilinguity, a stark contrast to his talent for hunting game. Unmatched even for locals within the Alavus Countryside. Whether it be pure talent or a result of learning from a young age. He learnt how to handle a hunting rifle, to make himself blend with the environment, and how to quickly kill his prey. He felled his first deer when he was ten years of age. The rifle dislocated his shoulder as the bullet kicked through both his shoulder and the creatures neck.

My shoulder cried in pain, tears flowing from my eyes and a groan following afterwards. My father rushed. Not to me, but to the bleeding dear. He shouts, reprimanding me for a messy shot, not even sparing a second glance to my inflammed shoulder. He stomps over, pushing me to the ground. Slandering me as a disappointment. He pushed me to the ground, my shoulder clicking into place as it pinches a nerve on the way, causing yet another cry, it didn't hurt as badly as when he hit me though. Why was my papa being so mean? Mother always told me to fight back. She said not against loved ones though.

When was the last time he said he loved me?

The boy picked the rifle from the forest ground, pulling the chambering bolt back.

"Did you ever love me?"

He didn't come home that night.

I saw a woman, one so beautiful that I couldn't stop staring. I didn't know how to talk to her. Those amber eyes looked back at mine, piercing through my heart. I've never felt this way before. She looked stunning. A contrast to myself, as if I was stranded in the wild for the duration of my life. I looked away, and she approached. She smelt of the forest, of Roses and Lavendar. Her skin smoother than the Winter Snow, her smile brighter than the sun. The woman of my dreams, able to fix my broken soul. She cared. With nothing else running through my mind, I remembered my mother's last words and spoke them.

"I love you."

What would you sacrifice for family?

What makes a life more important than another?

These questions he asked himself as he killed the freedom fighters of Greater Finland. The combine granted him luxury, granted him security. The ability to put his skills to use. He managed to meet his wife again. Yet he felt it was off, did she love him anymore? After what he did? After the secrets he kept from her? The six years before the Combine came were the greatest years of his life. Even through the Portal Storms, he kept them safe. When the portal storms reigned, he killed those creatures that lurked in the forest. His resolve maintained by blind love, for that of his Wife and Children.

"What were their names?"

He was happy he could continue protecting them, he wanted them to be happy. His head started aching as he thought about his family. He knew they were there, he knew what was and what is, yet something was missing. He knew it. Her name, he knew her name. Why couldn't he say it, why couldn't he think of it? He injected a syringe into his leg, and the pain went away.

View attachment 37504

I listen to the grim news delievered. The City was under-attack. Not any rebels, the situation deteroriated to the extent we needed their help. The foes weren't any normal aliens either, the likes of Gonomes and Antlions were manageable, this was far beyond even Overwatch.. I would've thought that a crazy thought, yet bullets barely hold them back. They tore down the Suppression walls, wreaking havoc among the outer-districts of City Sixty-two. The Captain stares at me, expecting a response. My second side-eyes me, the hesitant delay of my response causing a stifling atmosphere within the watchtower. I lay my finger on a section of the map. Explaining a plan that not even I myself believe will work, yet they go through with it.

A bridge leading into the city is destroyed, delaying the enemy from breaking through and reinforcing the surface garrison. Yet the issue returns underground in concentrated force, the underground Resistance being instantly routed and sent above ground. The issue deteroriated into chaos as they broke into the city. I climbed into a transport truck, and drove through the chaos to the garrison with what VIPs I could gather.

Upon his arrival, a pair of dropships arrived carrying the Captain and Vice-Administrator off to areas unknown, relaying their last orders to him.

"Defend. Defend what you can 'Hunter'. We will come back for you."

ACCEPTED as Veteran
- Section One -
Steam Name: The Sniper
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:6533079
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Kaisler #3325

- Section Two -

a7Xmlsv.jpeg

Richard Travis Wilde

Former T-7 Collaborator, Expedition Leader (Nightfall), Survivor of the Failed Expedition

It is more than twenty years ago that his family perished during the evacuation of 2005. His desire to relent and submit to solidify his position was only strengthened by the belief of his dead family. Advancing high within the echelons of the new state, his background as a forensic scientist; a wild roamer in Texas and a hobby for science and nature had made Richard Wilde into a well-established Tier-7 Collaborator, operating over a variety of departments across continental Europe, mostly City 13 and then the cities in Germany due to his multitude of abilities and usages for the regime.

His life was his devotion to the Occupant, those who had given him everything. Filling a gaping void in his own traumas. For had it not been he? Who had left them that night ahead, in belief that the evacuation busses would make it in time to pick them up He hadn't been the greatest father, despite his genius.. mostly neglecting them before the war with his interests and life taking priority. Sometimes, he’d think about them... drinking his fancy wine and food, unlike those below. It wouldn't be long however, that the news suddenly dropped.

The appearance of his family had caused a rockade, due to his *apparent* daughter being designated a malingant and an Anti-Citizen in City 24 due to active terrorism against the new state. Angry, either at the loss of his status and his legitimacy within this new hierarchy... then the news of his youngest son, his death in the former United States. His son, designated as an "Anti-Citizen" was transported to an unknown location after a failed attack on a Combine facility and was bound on the razor trains - only for him never to make it there. Labled as dead in the train accident; the status of Richard Travis Wilde had begun to fall from grace.

Being the first to sign himself up, despite his still rather high-rank - he couldn't gamble for it to hold unless proven otherwise. All the while, the thoughts began to gnaw at him, pondering upon his children's sudden appearances after believed them to be dead. Was it all a ploy by rivals? Or had it been a lie? A lie told over and over again, for him to believe... no matter the case, he'd re-establish his prestige and honour with this expedition and then... perhaps seek after these imposters that claim to be his children.

Post Nightfall

As the Rank-Leader revealed his betrayal, the massacre had begun. The ritual hadn't even properly ended before blood had begun to spill in the old bunker once housing the survivors of the valley. As blood and gore started to fester and evil only one's imagination could properly understand began to take a hold; chaos and death lingering in the darkness. Wilde, left on the floor heavily wounded - began to crawl for his life. As he who once had been a human behind a mask, now converging into a nightmarish entity began to fester on those brave enough to try and make a stand, Wilde managed to escape with two others - survivors of the Valley. Into the unknown and destitute wilderness that no one had traversed in a long time.

Even as weeks or even months passed by, the struggle to survive remained. It had been purely by luck that he had managed to survive, or was it the machinations of the evil he had seen in the valley? Whatever the cause, no one could turn back now. No one could reverse the memory of what had happened. The Eldritch horror that one's mind is unable to comprehend remains as a glimmering memorial of the slain and the wicked. You think you'd make it out alive? No one makes it out alive. This ain't living. For we have seen the God's of those in the past, there are worse things out there than the ones who subjugated us. Even if you made it out, or so you think - you are still there, trapped forever.

Nothing can reverse what has already begun. The decay of humanity, the decay of one's self. You stand to look at yourself in the mirror, but the reflection is not you. It has never been you - for this body of ours is nothing but a vessel. And if you do not thread carefully - the pits of Hell will open beneath your feet and swallow you whole. Nothing is changed, for whatever you choose to do - it still lingers with you, forever. There is no going back, there is no future - there is only the past and the present..

Reading, Tracking & Hunting, Surviving, Memories of a family long gone, Ending the Nightmare.
ACCEPTED as Conscript
Steam Name:
Lekoboi

Steam ID:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198943794733/

Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]:
Leko
lekoboi

Kole Parks
The Redneck
View attachment 37509

Your Average Slummer.

Born in South Carolina and raised on a homestead by his two hillbilly parents, Parks learned useful skills for his upcoming slum life under the Combine occupation. He was often relocated between Europe and Africa due to his activity in the slums being viewed as "suspicious" by Civil Protection. After several relocations between the remaining American and Canadian urban centers, he ended up in Combine-occupied Boston, City Sixteen. Annoyed by the still predominantly Yankee-Bostonian population, he decided he needed to get out of there quickly. So, he signed up for whatever Conscript Reserve existed at the time. He lasted in the Conscripts for a few months before being discharged and relocated to Europe. For about a decade, he unwillingly explored almost every city on the continent, many of which he hadn’t even known existed. He was eventually relocated to City 62, which wasn’t much of a burden since he had already been there. He stayed there for a couple of months before the crisis. Being a simple slummer, his fate would soon surely be decided...

Parks loves Fishing, playing his Banjo which he somehow managed to smuggle with him throughout the years, and also being a Troublemaker.
ACCEPTED as i4

View attachment 37486
<:: The suit's not half as thick as it should be. Maybe it's meant to keep us awake. ::>
Steam Name: tsaoT
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42303776
Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: tsaoT (answer to both)

Character name / Tagline: PATROL-54

Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Civil Protection Intention 4

Short (or detailed) character backstory: A Finnish native through-and-through... but clearly not enough to go and tag-along with the Lions and their resistance, given he formed up with the Civil Protection of City 62 as soon as he had the chance.

Prone to bouts of nervousness that he thought might preclude him from its ranks, they ended up working in his favour as a member of Civil Protection, as it just meant he was more inclined to look at a group and think the worst; a thing very-much to the combine's benefit. Not that such a position lasted very long before... well. Everything.

And when it falls apart around you; you, a jumble of fear eager to pull the trigger on anything that looks just a little bit too non-human, any noise that sounds a little bit too unnatural?

That trait keeps one living.

Name your character's favorite activity: Poetry. Destroyed shortly after it's written- if it was written in the first place. Wouldn't want anybody interpreting it as anti-Combine, after all.
ACCEPTED as Citizen
- Section One -

• Steam Name: Bi-Em
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:116393258
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Bi-Em / bi_em420

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: Stanisław Łakowski

The voices won't stop..

They won't stop begging him to open the door.. To let them in..To let all of them in...

No..No....
    • He can't listen to them...they are not there anymore...It is not them...no...no...

Stanisław searches the cabinets, making a mess of his already dirty little shelter, he made for himself.

This was once a operational room, those that got heavily injured? ..Well they ended up in here, with hope's that their Tier of Loyality was high enough, to get a good treatment.

But they never were given it..

The door ... it keeps on being banged on by them..but how could they?
      Their hands were no longer there, all of them got ripped to shreds.

Their screams when it happen..it is there again.

• Paper's scatter around the room, shallow breathing emits from Stanisław, as he finally finds what he been looking for..

Simple small syringe that will shut the voices for a while, like it has done already so many times in the past.

The voices and banging becomes louder as the tip of it comes closer to his arm.

His head hurts as the voices scream, all of them begging to open this goddamn door.
      .but soon enough they are gone.

One by one they vanish.

Stanisław sits against the wall, as sweat pours down his forehead...

Finally, it is silent again..

The room is silent..

The Clinic is silent..

The Bodies outside are silent..

The City is silent.

View attachment 37609

• Name your character's favorite activity: Keeping the voices silent.
ACCEPTED as Veteran
- Section One -

- Section Two -

ACCEPTED as i5
fd3KQFn.png

gxI1BWZ.png

IaaKZ0l.gif

• Character Backstory:
  • An estemeed member of the protectorate, hailing his origins from the People's Republic of China. A common ally of the Soviets and proudly hanging its red banner. Now commonly known as City 12; he grew up in the slums of Macau, a towering pillaging block of shanty houses built from the scraps of whatever its inhabitants could find amongst the rubble. What started as a small commune of poor farmers quickly grew into a bustling city teeming with crime. A culturally rich place, not without its woes but also not missing its charm.

His English is poor, and morals lacking, they will do anything to survive the predicant they find themselves in. Not quick to turn his cloak without cause however, for he recognizes there are strengths in numbers and power amongst his kin.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Perfecting his English vocabulary, commonly seen digging into a dictionary which he carries around like his bible.
6EFSJ9C.png

bhQUsh8.png

<:: FILE CONCLUDED. AWAITING FURTHER INPUT. ::>
(Discord roles will be created and granted to the players within a few days max. Vortigaunts will be given access to The Artifact knowledge. Civil Protection will be granted access to the City layout. If you notice other participants with roles, but you're missing one - PM me)

(Let me know if I missed anyone by accident)
Starting time:
Day 1: 7 PM GMT+2 27th
Day 2: 7 PM GMT+2 29th

• Steam Name: Tuki
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147382627
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Tuki (ezequiel4661)
  • - Section Two -
    • Character name / Tagline: C31:i4.JURY-36
    • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): The veterans.
    • A somewhat competent unit, atleast from what others say, no blackmarks and a decently clean record are the only truly special things about Jury-36. Once a mere CWU worker from City 13 that wished to make his way up the ladder, turned into another faceless unit of the combine's reign and relocated to City 31. Fueled by his need to reunite with whatever remains of his family, no price really seems high enough for him as long as there is still a small chance for them to see each other again. Perhaps if he goes high enough they will be together again? Perhaps he will die trying. His morale destroyed, his mind unstable, the horrors he had to survive within the arctic wastes was clearly enough to shatter many including him, little if anything keeping him standing. All and everyone he once knew or could call family was now gone if not stalkerized due to his actions, he had tried to save them and go back home safely, but the delegates never gave a reasonable choice. He sided with 03 during the events of the C-53 QZ, gathering a small group that was able to survive the frozen hellhole that they were thrown into.
    • Name your character's favorite activity: Tinkering/Mechanical work
    [*]

- Section One -

• Steam Name: Lockbody
  • Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:63243442
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: lockbody

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: Henri Kuusisto
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Citizen
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: Henri was just one of the countless regular people residing in City 62. He spent most of his days like any responsible Citizen would, by lining up at the warehouse for yet another workshift and then spending all of his credits at the nearest bar. Having grown accustomed to the monotonous life under the watchful eyes of the Benefactors, he along with many others, was completely unprepared for the Crisis that swept over the city. By sheer luck he managed to avoid losing his life in the initial wave of chaos and confusion, but he still wasn't out of harms way. Clinging to the people around him for safety he attempts to survive the madness that lies before him.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Cashing in his Credits Coupons

- APPLICATION FORMAT -

- Section One -

• Steam Name: AzureTheFluff
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54895551
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: AzureTheFluff / 294390858630037504

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: KING-9
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): i2
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: KING was just like all the other Civil Protection Member's, going on his normal duty, standing by, patrolling etc, he was usually one more of the silent type and only ever talked when needed or talked to, he also didn't really enjoy any of the citizens walking around all the time, he hated them, he couldn't imagine living such a low life, but then the chaos hit, he wasn't prepared for all of it, but with sheer luck he survived and managed to group up with his fellow Member's, what will be in store for him?

• Name your character's favorite activity: Eating, he's known to eat a bit much, but somehow keeps his figure.

- APPLICATION FORMAT -

- Section One -

• Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: AzureTheFluff / 294390858630037504

- Section Two -

• Short (or detailed) character backstory: KING was just like all the other Civil Protection Member's, going on his normal duty, standing by, patrolling etc, he was usually one more of the silent type and only ever talked when needed or talked to, he also didn't really enjoy any of the citizens walking around all the time, he hated them, he couldn't imagine living such a low life, but then the chaos hit, he wasn't prepared for all of it, but with sheer luck he survived and managed to group up with his fellow Member's, what will be in store for him?

• Name your character's favorite activity: Eating, he's known to eat a bit much, but somehow keeps his figure.

i definitely feel like this could use a bit more effort :yudodis::yudodis::yudodis:

<:: STAND UNITED, WE WILL COME BACK FOR YOU. ::>

ACCEPTED as Veteran
  • Steam Name: Tuki
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147382627
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Tuki (ezequiel4661)
  • - Section Two -
    • Character name / Tagline: C31:i4.JURY-36
    • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): The veterans.
    • A somewhat competent unit, atleast from what others say, no blackmarks and a decently clean record are the only truly special things about Jury-36. Once a mere CWU worker from City 13 that wished to make his way up the ladder, turned into another faceless unit of the combine's reign and relocated to City 31. Fueled by his need to reunite with whatever remains of his family, no price really seems high enough for him as long as there is still a small chance for them to see each other again. Perhaps if he goes high enough they will be together again? Perhaps he will die trying. His morale destroyed, his mind unstable, the horrors he had to survive within the arctic wastes was clearly enough to shatter many including him, little if anything keeping him standing. All and everyone he once knew or could call family was now gone if not stalkerized due to his actions, he had tried to save them and go back home safely, but the delegates never gave a reasonable choice. He sided with 03 during the events of the C-53 QZ, gathering a small group that was able to survive the frozen hellhole that they were thrown into.
    • Name your character's favorite activity: Tinkering/Mechanical work
    [*]
ACCEPTED as Citizen
- Section One -

• Steam Name: Lockbody
  • Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:63243442
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: lockbody

- Section Two -

• Character name / Tagline: Henri Kuusisto
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/CCR): Citizen
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: Henri was just one of the countless regular people residing in City 62. He spent most of his days like any responsible Citizen would, by lining up at the warehouse for yet another workshift and then spending all of his credits at the nearest bar. Having grown accustomed to the monotonous life under the watchful eyes of the Benefactors, he along with many others, was completely unprepared for the Crisis that swept over the city. By sheer luck he managed to avoid losing his life in the initial wave of chaos and confusion, but he still wasn't out of harms way. Clinging to the people around him for safety he attempts to survive the madness that lies before him.
  • Name your character's favorite activity: Cashing in his Credits Coupons
ACCEPTED as Civil Protection, i5
(We won't have any i2s, the application is just too bare. Unless someone else applies still.)
- APPLICATION FORMAT -

- Section One -

- Section Two -

fd3KQFn.png

gxI1BWZ.png

IaaKZ0l.gif

• Character Backstory:

6EFSJ9C.png

bhQUsh8.png

wait can boots not make the event or did he get denied, this is a fire app

Back