- Joined
- Oct 28, 2018
- Messages
- 236
- Thread Author
- #1
Steam Name: Fungle the Bungle
SteamID:FungletheBungle (https://steamcommunity.com/id/FungletheBungle/)
Name of the Admin you were removed by: Maroon
How long is the removal for?: Permanent
The reason you were banned?: Homophobia
Why do you wish to be unbanned?: Return to working with Willard Network
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: All on the forums already
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)
@Imperator RAD-X
Community Management
Anyone still around who was on the staff team
I was removed from all my positions in late 2022 due to a vocal minority and a hostile element within the staff team. (Maroon and others). I was removed due to perceived homophobia, transphobia and other prejudices all in the process of a since night without any correct or just procedure that allowed me to defend myself in any meaningful way. Each point I made in a public VC which I did not want to attend but was coerced into by Maroon was met with an emotionally unstable person who was not part of the community who claimed I was a perpetrator of "genocide" among other things.
I fully deny the strongest of these claims and believe that my removal was illegitimate, unjust and was a complete breach of the communities procedures which were set up to ensure a fair system for any member of the team. I reject the notion that I "hate" people for traits such as their sexuality, personal identity and other personal views. To the contrary I have been known to work with many people who fall into these categories, and while I'm not what certain communities would call an "ally" I'd like to think I'm a well intentioned, if not sometimes difficult, person to work with. When it comes to management of SS I, bar an unpopular event here or there, have had a flawless track record and have never let my personal beliefs get in the way of crafting an enjoyable experience for any and all players.
My failings are many, and I have crossed the line on more then one occasion. For these I have already apologized in the past and will apologize again here. None of these however were included in my removal process because there was no actual removal process
Many of the people who attempted to sabotage me at every turn were clearly prejudiced against my faith and beliefs, something specifically against the rules of this community. Multiple times over that last half decade I have had to deal with personal attacks through the discord, my steam profile and my DM's. At some points the harassment was on a daily basis and the Management of the community did nothing to stop people from doing it. From my events being sabotaged to direct attacks in public channels, these obvious acts of hostility and attempts to slander my character have put me purely on the defensive.
The removal, done entirely within one emotionally charged night, headed by individuals who were not even part of the community (I.e. left / or were banned even after the removal within the month) and directed by an actively hostile Head of Staff who had personal issue with me, lead to an incorrect and unjust removal. I am appealing on the fact that I did not breach any rules of the server, was removed purely due to personal prejudice against me now that said people have now left the community.
SteamID:FungletheBungle (https://steamcommunity.com/id/FungletheBungle/)
Name of the Admin you were removed by: Maroon
How long is the removal for?: Permanent
The reason you were banned?: Homophobia
Why do you wish to be unbanned?: Return to working with Willard Network
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: All on the forums already
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)
@Imperator RAD-X
Community Management
Anyone still around who was on the staff team
I was removed from all my positions in late 2022 due to a vocal minority and a hostile element within the staff team. (Maroon and others). I was removed due to perceived homophobia, transphobia and other prejudices all in the process of a since night without any correct or just procedure that allowed me to defend myself in any meaningful way. Each point I made in a public VC which I did not want to attend but was coerced into by Maroon was met with an emotionally unstable person who was not part of the community who claimed I was a perpetrator of "genocide" among other things.
I fully deny the strongest of these claims and believe that my removal was illegitimate, unjust and was a complete breach of the communities procedures which were set up to ensure a fair system for any member of the team. I reject the notion that I "hate" people for traits such as their sexuality, personal identity and other personal views. To the contrary I have been known to work with many people who fall into these categories, and while I'm not what certain communities would call an "ally" I'd like to think I'm a well intentioned, if not sometimes difficult, person to work with. When it comes to management of SS I, bar an unpopular event here or there, have had a flawless track record and have never let my personal beliefs get in the way of crafting an enjoyable experience for any and all players.
My failings are many, and I have crossed the line on more then one occasion. For these I have already apologized in the past and will apologize again here. None of these however were included in my removal process because there was no actual removal process
Many of the people who attempted to sabotage me at every turn were clearly prejudiced against my faith and beliefs, something specifically against the rules of this community. Multiple times over that last half decade I have had to deal with personal attacks through the discord, my steam profile and my DM's. At some points the harassment was on a daily basis and the Management of the community did nothing to stop people from doing it. From my events being sabotaged to direct attacks in public channels, these obvious acts of hostility and attempts to slander my character have put me purely on the defensive.
The removal, done entirely within one emotionally charged night, headed by individuals who were not even part of the community (I.e. left / or were banned even after the removal within the month) and directed by an actively hostile Head of Staff who had personal issue with me, lead to an incorrect and unjust removal. I am appealing on the fact that I did not breach any rules of the server, was removed purely due to personal prejudice against me now that said people have now left the community.