Takyon3
Active member
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2020
- Messages
- 152
- Thread Author
- #1
The biggest topic of debate across all HL2RP servers is citizen rp, and how to add content/depth to it. Ultimately we cannot add "fun" activities to the server because of the nature of the combine. So we must create fun out of difficulty. It should be an impressive achievement to survive for irl weeks, let alone days on the server as a standard citizen. While hunger and thirst is programmed into the server, it only affects skills. So death should be enabled, as it is in many other survival genre games. As some people may know, I don't play on the main willard server, and spend my time with short stories instead. Part of the reason I don't play right now is the lack of difficulty on the server. Merely surviving in City 24 isn't rewarding. CPs have no issue as long as you don't bother them. You can stand around and do nothing, and you will still be alive for weeks on end.
I've made a similar suggestion like this a few months ago, and was received with mixed opinions. I want to see if people are open to adding the basic necessities to the server. Willard Networks really should take some pointers from Aurawatch - a difficult city environment, where you must plan ahead to secure food and water for yourself. Where you are constantly scrutinized by Civil Protection. Curfew every night. Ultimately Aurawatch replicated the original HL2 atmosphere more accurately than Willard, and they have set the bar for HL2RP in my opinion.
Tl;dr: You want to improve citizen rp? Make the game harder.
I've made a similar suggestion like this a few months ago, and was received with mixed opinions. I want to see if people are open to adding the basic necessities to the server. Willard Networks really should take some pointers from Aurawatch - a difficult city environment, where you must plan ahead to secure food and water for yourself. Where you are constantly scrutinized by Civil Protection. Curfew every night. Ultimately Aurawatch replicated the original HL2 atmosphere more accurately than Willard, and they have set the bar for HL2RP in my opinion.
Tl;dr: You want to improve citizen rp? Make the game harder.