Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Denied Steven Cockings Ban Appeals

Steven Cocking

New member
Joined
Sep 2, 2025
Messages
1
Steam Name: Steven Cocking
SteamID: Steam ID: 76561198450105680



Name of the Admin you were banned by: Stanford
How long is the ban for?: A week
The reason you were banned?: Continuously Creating Throw Away Characters

Why do you wish to be unbanned?:
I do not believe that I have done that, and if I have I will not in the future. Just before I was banned I had been going around, gathering resources to make a gun (I was 4 screws and 1 alcohol away from being able to craft it I believe) and when I was doing this I saw somebody on the ledge of an area. I saw that he was a supporter, and as apart of my characters backstory he hated the combine and anyone that supports them with the goal of trying to kill those people. So I tried to push the man off the ledge; It turned out he was AFK or so I wasn't able to do that, and another man caught me in the act of trying to. This person started questioning me, and of course he was a loyalist scum so i had to push him to the ground and kick him before leaving. I was caught doing this by a CP who I told that I was the victim, and the CP somewhat believed me and gave us both a fine before walking away. A little while later I walked up a massive ass pipe and a random worker pushed me while we were on the top of it. I in turn threw him off the pipe where CPs arrived because some guy used an alert. I was of course accused by the CPs when they saw the other guy on the ground and recognized me from the first incident. I tried to plead with them that I was really innocent this time, but they didn't believe me so I tried to run fearing the worst. After failing to run one of them attacked me and I tried to use this opportunity to take his gun. I failed in doing so and shortly after one of the CPs then tackled me, I broke free once he started trying to beat me then back up against the wall put my hands up. One of them shot at me and I moved out of the way intime then got on the ground and put my hands behind my head. From there I pleaded with them to not kill me but of course they didn't listen and they executed me while I stayed on the ground with my hands on the back of my head. I wasn't permakilled because one of the CPs decided to let my execution be NLR, so I respawned and after leaving spawn I was banned. I don't believe in any manner this was a throwaway character as I was level 20 in crafting and nearly had the materials to make a 9mm PCC that I would have used to rebel with. If this is not the case, and I am not allowed to start fights with loyalists and supporters because of my characters backstory then I am sorry, but I do not believe that I character who I have leveled up 18 times and managed to collect nearly every material to craft a gun is a throwaway character.

Beyond this I have also created a rather popular outpost for rebels and outlanders that I call Outpost 616. I made it on the first day of the new map on my outlander character, spent my entire time on the server that day solely on this character, and the only time I came close to dying was yesterday to a bigass AI zombie that wouldn't die after I went in a large building covered in red ropes and tendrils. I believe that I have created alot of good roleplay interactions with other players, but I don't play solely on my outlands character because most of the people are in the city and there isn't always anything going on in the outlands.

I really enjoy playing on this server and have read over the rules twice to make sure I fallowed them properly. I do not believe that dying because I chose to roleplay as someone who despises the combine is the same as creating a throwaway character. In fact, all of my characters that I have made have had a solid time investment apart from two that were immediately PK'ed by giant rot monsters after leaving spawn (these were two separate times when I saw one attacking someone and thought I could help). Last night when this same admin accused me of creating throwaway characters, I was in the middle of mugging him on a character that I had leveled up and crafted weapons on. I believe that I was PK'ed several times yesterday which is likely what this is more so about, one being to the giant monster I tried to fight to save someone else, once was from mugging someone and they escaped, another time was from mugging the admin who banned me and being killed by CPs in the process, and another time was for eating human flesh on a cannibal character I made (afterwards I was told I cannot roleplay as someone who lost their mind to the rot and became a cannibal).

I completely disagree with the ban I was given as none of the characters I have made were throwaway characters. All of them have been leveled up demonstrating that I spent alot of time roleplaying as them, any of them that I attacked someone on I have spent enough time to create a weapon and they all have a decent backstory that justified their actions. Be it a roleplay experience that I had where an officer mugged me, be it because a person attacked me before I fought back, or rather I was an outsider mugging a loyalist because they were in a dark alleyway alone; On all of these characters I have spent large amounts of time on them and haven't created them with the sole purpose of combat or being thrown away.

I don't roleplay as a loyalist or a worker because I don't see how anyone could realistically. If most people had a choice between a chance at freedom or a life of slavery I don't think a lot of consideration would go into it and as such I reflect that in my characters. I don't play super passively and try to cling to life, living in the slums and avoiding the combine. That isn't being a rebel, that's being a coward. I attempt to rebel where I can and break the law and fight the combine. Obviously I am going to die multiple times doing this as I assume other rebel players do as well. If you somehow come out alive every time you bomb the ration station or every time you try to shoot a CP in an alleyway, then you clearly haven't done either enough is my mindset. I don't mind if I spend a few hours or a few days playing on a character only for them to die in a firefight so long as it was fun. I had one character that I've had since I first started playing the server and he got PK'ed yesterday or the day before, I forget which. I had rebelled on that character numerous times but always came out on top. When I finally died I wasn't upset about it at all, I said GG to the CPs and figured it was about time anyways. I think this difference in mindset is what Stanford sees as making throwaway characters. I don't care if my character dies in a firefight or if he dies trying to mug a loyalist, so long as it was fun doing so the investment in the character doesn't really make a difference. This is a game and to me it's silly to be overly attached to a character or to your progress that you won't ever risk losing it. That's really what I found fun about this server, there's always a risk that you'll be reset to square one every time you rebel. If you succeed at whatever your doing then you just won another day, if you fail then you get to restart from scratch.

To anyone that read all of this, thank you for your time. And to the staff team on this server, I am sorry if I broke the rules with the manner I play this game, and if my playstyle needs to be more conservative, then it will in the future.

Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: I have a screenshot to show I leveled up 18 times as proof this was not a throwaway character. I believe that 18 levels is a solid time investment and would not constitute a character being a throwaway just because I don't comply with combine and chose to be violent towards loyalists. (The minus to levels is due to being in critical condition at the time, I took this screenshot because I was curious how many levels I would lose from an NLR death)
Screenshot (75).pngWere there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)
I don't know anyone that I could list as a witness
 
Hello, I speak on behalf of the moderation team after we have discussed your ban appeal and ban overall.

The moderation team as a whole has decided to DENY your ban appeal as the logs shown an extensive amount of characters created by you since you first joined Willard in August 22nd 2025. Our primary cause for concern is the fact we have given verbal and formal warnings for these actions previously and we witnessed no improvement from this behaviour.

Here is the following list of characters you have made from the 22nd of August to the 9th of September of this year:



6th September
[02:58:59] Steven Cocking created the character 'Chester Mello'
[02:16:37] Steven Cocking created the character 'Bert Bob'
[01:22:00] Steven Cocking created the character 'Bart Heart'
[00:59:18] Steven Cocking created the character 'Howard Larry'


5th September
[23:57:27] Steven Cocking created the character 'Bobbery Bill'
[23:07:52] Steven Cocking created the character 'Jeffery Jeff'
[21:02:27] Steven Cocking created the character 'Jeff Handcock'
[20:46:55] Steven Cocking created the character 'Thrugg Blues'


31st August
[23:04:48] Steven Cocking created the character 'Xi Chen' - Your longest lasting character
[23:02:16] Steven Cocking created the character 'Xi Chen'
[22:21:45] Steven Cocking created the character 'Xi Chen' - We have made the assumptions that you recreated the character on the basis of fixing certain aspects of this character
[21:43:53] Steven Cocking created the character 'Hank Albert'
[20:58:20] Steven Cocking created the character 'Mark Oldmen'
[00:25:05] Steven Cocking created the character 'Herald Gerald'


30th August

[22:51:20] Steven Cocking created the character 'Timmy Williums'
[22:40:20] Steven Cocking created the character 'Pent Hamming'
[03:39:05] Steven Cocking created the character 'Bob Russle'


29th August
[20:47:37] Steven Cocking created the character 'Glowberstein Griffin'
[18:26:36] Steven Cocking created the character 'TrenT Tucks'


28th August
[04:05:03] Steven Cocking created the character 'Emmit Timme'
[01:45:38] Steven Cocking created the character 'Bob Brady'
[00:50:12] Steven Cocking created the character 'Banjo Bonjovee'
[00:29:15] Steven Cocking created the character 'Billy Bobbert'


26th August
[21:09:56] Steven Cocking created the character 'John Coffee'
[20:17:40] Steven Cocking created the character 'Liam Cattlerancher'


22nd August

[19:56:10] Steven Cocking created the character 'Jefff Twotoes'


In total you have made twenty six characters, twenty four if I remove Xi Chen duplicates.

We have agreed that on the basis of how often you created characters and on the definition of throwaways by our regulations in addition to your previous warnings already; that being toxic behaviour in looc, overuse of looc and creating throwaways. You have also been banned perviously for minge-punching a Civil Protection unit to death.



By definition you have breached the following regulations:
Section 1)
3.0 We don't accept cheating or exploiting to gain an advantage of any type involving:
------ Creating 'fake' characters to throw-away or to give yourself, or other people, a jump-start with items and wealth.


Section 3)
2.0 - Player Engagement
-------- Losing and feeling the need to complain OOC is unacceptable. Act maturely. Call an admin if facing powergame.


Section 4)
2.0 - Combat Initiation Rules
------ It is important to note that randomly attacking or killing other characters for no reason is considered Random Death-Matching.


Which we provided warnings for multiple times.


Now from me personally I understand that you view being a 'rebel' as simply grinding for gear and immediately shooting, that is the semi-serious half life two roleplay aspect of it, we are not trying to be nor are we going to be a semi-serious half life two rp server. It is correct that we have such mechanics in place but they are there to allow players to return to the roleplay after building a new character with character development. It's to allow players to grow after losing a character.

Being a rebel in willard means choosing when to strike the combine, the average joe doesn't want any trouble, even if you specifically do. Shooting the combine nearly every day with different characters in a short space of time ruins the roleplay aspect of the server as the combine now has to engage everyone with higher hostilities to handle your antics. You need to understand that simply making characters that last less than a week makes that character a throwaway, especially if you are making multiple characters a day. You are treating the server as a semi-serious playground from all of our viewpoints.
 
Back
Top