Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tara Greene

M3ntal

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Messages
642
<:: CITIZEN DATA ::>

<:: LOADING.... ::>



Tara Greene

Screenshot_21.png

Age : 25
Mental status : Stable
Physical status : Stable
Loyalty status : Tier 0


<:: FAMILY COHESION DATA ::>

Father : Harry Greene (Deceased)
Grandfather : William Greene (Inprisoned)
Mother : Jenifer Westbrook Greene (Alive, City 19)
Sister : Judith Greene (Alive, City 13)


Physical/Mental attributes

Physical build : Ecto-Mesomorph (Slim and fit)
Height : 5'6
Physical deformities : None

Mental abnormalities : None

Notable traits

Sociable - Tara enjoys talking with others and trying to find common topics to make a conversation out of. She finds company, good or bad, better than loneliness.

Firearm competency - Time spent with her grandfather at the range and hunting had allowed Tara a basic ability to wield firearms. She feels most comfortable with handguns but is open to try others.

Strong sense of justice - Having done a stint in police academy, she had acquired a sense that all wrongdoings must be dealt with by fair trial. She is under no delusion that it can happen under the authoritarian grip of the combine, but is a strong believer of punishment befitting the crime.

Merciful - Is willing to let wrongdoings and slights against her go, depending on their severity. For better or for worse.



Story

You approach the lone Tara sitting on a bench, swirling around the contents of a cheap bottle of beer. She stares down it's glass orifice ponderously, and you sit down next to her, making conversation. She wholly responds to your inquiries, and feels it comfortable enough to regale you with some details.
"I started out like a lot of folks. A dad, a mom, maybe even a grandpa if they had one. My family was a big ol' bundle of average, nothing out of ordinary to it whatsoever. I loved my mom, obviously and still do. I'm lucky enough that she's still alive even if I haven't seen her or spoken to her in over 7 years. My grandpa, god bless him...he was the man I looked up to my entire life. He was there for me when my dad wasn't, but my dad wasn't always a raging asshole and a stinky drunk. He was actually a father once. But he doesn't matter that much so I won't mention him beyond this.

See, while my mom taught me the things I'd need to be a good woman to a waiting man...my grandpa taught me everything I needed to survive. My mom objected to it furiously, and my dad didn't care but even as they refused my grandpa would sneak me out to the range or to the woods to do shooting at the range because, somehow...he knew I was meant for more. And I saw it too, after that.

It's why I actually decided that I wanted to not only learn how to shoot, but also learn how to protect people. I said this to my mom and she was beyond skeptical, I don't think the word skeptical even begins to describe how apprehensive she was about me becoming something like that, but at that point I didn't care what she thought anymore. My grandpa showed me that even if I had the objection of others, if I had belief in myself, I could do what I set out to do in spite of obstacles.

Screenshot_23.png


It really boosted my confidence if nothing else. And that's when I finally nailed down what I wanted to be - a police officer. When I struck 16, I asked my parents to enroll me into a school which could prepare me for that career, and even though I had to begrudgingly wait a few more years, I managed to be accepted into a police academy a few miles away. It's a shame I never got to finish that course, although considering how the military turned out, and how the police turned out...I guess I got lucky that I never finished it.

Anyway, even as I was attending the academy me and my grandpa would go out on hunts. He wanted me to learn, now that I knew how to use a gun, how to use it to survive. He taught me how to track and he taught me where and when to shoot when I see the prey I hunt. I can't say the lessons stuck very well...but I'm glad to have the foundation, as well as he built it by the time that everything happened, and oh did it happen very god damn quick."


Screenshot_24.png

The woman takes a small glug of the liquid of artificial courage, coughing in disgust at it's flavor but guzzling it regardless. After the moment of recollection, she continues speaking:

"
I won't bore you with the details of what I did during the portal storms. I just survived, and he helped me. Everything he taught me, we put to use. But eventually our fight for survival came to an end, for better or for worse. We saw what some could call salvation - the combine. They came and swooped down on the planet like a tornado, wiping out any resistance with ease.

When I heard that they were collecting everyone into urban centers, I thought that this was our chance to grasp for survival, but my grandpa...I don't know what got into him. All that talk about survival and he chooses to fight instead. I don't know where he went that day but we parted ways, and I haven't seen him since. I still feel like I betrayed him, but...I think I just did what he taught me. I just wanted to survive, and I knew my winchester wasn't gonna be enough for that.

And now, I'm here. Sipping on some cheap beer and sitting on a bench. I don't know if this is an improvement, but I guess not having to fend for my life every moment of every day might be. But who knows how things will turn out."


Screenshot_25.png

Group Relationships
ADMIRES RESPECTS LIKES NEUTRAL DISTRUSTS DISLIKES HATES

The Combine

"I can't quite say that I hate you. I mean, you did technically save me from being eaten by a squidhead in the woods. But I don't think living on the line of life and death if I step out of line is much of an improvement."

The Upholders of Law

"I don't know what to say about you at all. Some are good, some do their jobs, some don't, and some are sadistic assholes. It's a wide net with too many holes to nail down a pattern. I guess I'll have to wait and see."

"Well, my suspicions got confirmed, and a lot of you are just assholes. I'm not so daft as to think all of you are cunts, but from now on I'll be holding you lot at a ten foot distance, if I can help it."
The Loyalists

"A lot of you are snobby pricks who don't look out for anybody but themselves and seek to brown-nose the combine at every opportunity. Not all of you fit the bill, but I'll be wary."

The Citizenry

"People like me. I've no reason to see you as any different than myself. Just please don't make my life harder."

The Downtrodden

"Honest people, scummy people. Clean and honest, druggy and violent...a mixed bag in the best and worst of ways. I can at least count on you to give me some food if I'm starving when the rations get closed for the millionth time."

"Honestly not nearly as sketchy as I thought they'd be. But I can tell, and have seen, that a lot of them down there are just there to rat out other people for the sake of good boy points...so I'll still keep most of you at a distance."

The Aliens

"I've heard people say bad things about you all the time, telling me to not trust you, but I haven't seen any example of you being a potential risk to my existence, so...I won't hate you until I have to."

The Insurgents

"I get that to win an unwinnable fight you have to pave the road in blood but you guys don't so much paint as you throw the entire paint bucket across the pavement. I'll be wary of you also."


Individual Relationships

LOVED ADMIRED FRIEND TRUSTED RESPECTED LIKED NEUTRAL DISLIKED DISTRUSTED HATED DECEASED

Anastasia Ivanovich

"Seems pretty tough. I like her, and I hope we can get to know eachother more later on. I just wish it was under better circumstances."

"So, it seems like you went down in the metro. Damn shame, though not surprising, given what everyone's said about it. I was lucky enough not to meet your fate there...but still, I hope you're resting easy."



Iven Jorg Zanaka

"Guy sure is enthusiastic, I can say that much. Don't know if he's the type of person I want to be friends with, but I like him. Dunno where he is now, though. Maybe transferred elsewhere."

Uwe Schulz

"A nice guy I've met in a bit of a sharing circle that formed in front of the ration center. He's pretty good to chat with even if our chats end up being pretty brief.

And now he's running for DA. Gonna be honest, don't really see him as the administrative type, more like the idealistic type...but we'll see."

Raven

"Honestly, I don't know how you do it. You keep going despite all the shit that happened to you and all the shit you've lost. It's amazing to see how well you held out, but most definitely not unscathed. I see it every time we speak. But you can rest easy knowing I'm not going to stop trying to repay your generosity towards me, your concern for me. You don't owe me favors, and I don't owe you any, but I'll be here for you."

"Well, it seems that from now on I'll be closer than ever. What we both went through in the span of a few hours is more than I had ever hoped or thought that we would ever go through. I won't leave your side, not willingly, not ever."


​
 
Last edited:
"Here is your fortune. I see a woman.. There is a poor woman sitting on the bench with her arms crossed and is very fucking boring. You may dropkick her." - tony
(im not asking you to add him cause its not my char!!!)
 
Back
Top