Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Citizen The Good Doctor

CatHusky

Lurker
Joined
Nov 26, 2025
Messages
34





image.png


Who would ever want to be king?​

"I am to speak into this machine, yes?"

"Yes, that's correct, Minister. Just a personnel file."
​
"I see, I see. Just a personnel file... Well... My name is Nadine Haas. I'm a Cardiologist by trade, but please- Do not call me Minister, I hate that name."


"Of course, Mini- Sorry, What should I call you, Doctor?"
​
"Just Nadine is fine."

"Alright, Nadine. Tell us about yourself, it's just a vetting process, of course."
​
"Well... I was born in '71. I grew up in Hamburg, I was an only-child to two parents. One was a Doctor, they both worked in healthcare, actually. And I sought out a career in Medicine on their advice, though I was never truly interested. I think I just did it because they wanted me to push towards it. They always wanted me to be successful and-uhh, well I guess they only knew one way of doing that. But anyway, I graduated from a fairly prestigious medical school in Hamburg. I worked a few years in interventional Cardiology. I became a Consultant, then the war happened. "

"Yes, well, we have all that already- come on, tell us something about who you really are."
​
"I am unsure of what you mean, Herr Fragesteller. I just run the clinic, I'm Minister of Health. What more do you want to know? I'm a pretty open book after all."
A crackle is heard on the recording from an individuals exulted breath brushing the recording.
​
"Okay- Look, I'm just doing what I have to do to survive, you see? And survive this verdammt district."

"Yes, Nadine, we're well aware of the difficulties, but how are you going to make it better?"
​
"I'm-- I'm not sure. I'm just trying to keep everyone alive, as best I can."

The recording shuts off - cut short by the sound of ominous whistles in the distance.

1789955337612.png

(Ask to be added to relations and you shall be :) )


In a locked cabinet, one my find a recorder with a mixture of tapes found on them - a sloppily sellotaped piece of paper is attached to the casings of each cassette - bearing Nadine's handwriting.

1790030675298.png

​
1789531197493.png

The recorder clicks to life, the whirring of machinery only brief.
Where do I even begin with this one? He's just-- He causes me a great deal of vexation and I can't even pin-point down what it is? His attitude, his demeanour? His stupid decisions? The fact he's a gang-lord or the fact he caused multiple riots. One of which WAS IN MY FUCKING CLINIC!- Ahem-- Sorry... Sorry that was unprofessional of me. I shouldn't have said that... But- But I think he's trying, at least. He's trying to be a better person. That's all I can really ask for I suppose. I just need him to be consistent. Is he consistently going to be a stain on my presence here or is he consistently going to improve? Gott-Verdammt I couldn't tell you, but I hope for this District he will - for all our sakes.

1789569990471.png

The recorder is flicked on - the sound of The Strokes heard coming from an old computer with compressed audio as the sounds of a quick flick of a lighter is heard - there's a pause before the audio sparks to crackled life.
Oh, Lav'? Yeah she's going to make a fine clinician. She's a little young, but she's maturer than I was at her age. I've actually been rather surprised by her - she took to performing a minor surgical procedure like a duck to water. I feel like I might need to watch over her a little bit, I'm just hoping I don't over-bear her.
A small crackle is heard from the audio before the brush of ash laden breath rushes against the recorder in sparkled imagination of the machine
She likes poetry, too. I like that about her, I am enthusiastic about it - though I don't think I've told her that to her face. She's going to do just fine in this district - she knows how to keep her head down and carry on; that's a very British thing, isn't it? Keep calm, carry on as they say, no? Pity about Andrew the other night-- I-uhh, I have fucked it for Dez, so to speak.

1789570370310.png

The recorder whirs to life - a long pause is taken before the speaking continues - though a muffled groan is clearly audible on the other end.
Everyone snaps, you know? I have, Gott knows I have. The man is clearly covering his tracks well - in both senses of the word. When I first met him he was very charming, very polite, pleasant, cordial - a gentleman! But Gott what a mess has been made of him. I don't know if I can truly forgive him for threatening Piotr, even if it was not of sound mind.
Some tapping is heard upon the table which cradled the recorder - anxious precipitation setting upon the recorder.
I don't care for his attempt on my life. That's one thing, and frankly he would have been in his right mind to do it. I just-- I just hope he gets better, that he actually seeks help instead of me or Piotr having to drag the man to a back-room as we do.

1789576435748.png

The 'Record' button is struck with a protruded, gloved finger. Some gusto to the act - Nadine speaking with an aside - head canted away from the speaker as she talked into the voicebox.
A good drinking buddy of mine. I think I've tried to nudge things in a direction of the greater good but I've failed at that much - this woman is stalwart. I don't think anything I do or say could sway her opinion of me or her wants... It's a tricky situation to be in - but one I'm not finding unfamiliar or uncomfortable at all, only mildly inconvenient at times.
A sigh is heard as the tapping to the tune of an unbeknownst song comes on the table.
She's been through a lot. From Burbridge, to Okada, to Milada - die hure. But she at least keeps me sane; I like leaning on her at times. She provides me a bit of safe comedic relief in times like this. It's nice just having someone I can be myself around, no business or duties to attend to; just venting out my frustrations with this Gottverlassen district. I just need to keep an eye on her leg - make sure it doesn't worsen. The cane suits her though - it's got some poetic symbolism.

1789594796433.png

The recorder flicks to life with a brief chuckled exhale coming from the woman on the other end of it.
Oh Ray? Ray- What can be said? Actually... The guy hired too many people who were far too untrustworthy, they all wanted a piece of the pie. Ray is an excellent businessman, that much is true, but he's not a good gang leader. It's not just about how many guns you have, it's about who's on the other side of them.
Part of me feels bad for him, though. The guy put in all that effort to have it ripped from him... Maybe he should read Meister Eckhart, actually?

1789663188963.png

There's a brief pause among the audio recording - the womans tone is light on this recording, barely a mumbled breath into the recording.
Luna... Elke. I think people are being too harsh on her, she's actually a very generous woman - or at least she has been to me. But I'm hearing rumours I'd best pay some attention to. Did she really betray Okada and insult Seo-Hyun? I don't know, but frankly that's not my business and it's not my place to comment upon it. I'm actually kind of glad she didn't get herself involved in the rioting at the clinic - that was a fucking sin if I've ever seen one.
A dejection is noted amongst the womans voice.
And she's got a partner? That's new, that's new at least. I'm happy for her, they both have a golden ticket out of here... I'll see you in Elysium, Elke.

1789912475541.png

A click comes from the recorder - the spool spins to life, the backdrop of striders, scanners and distant gunshots is heard in the background - the womans voice seems to echo on this recording as the song plays in the background through hollow tune.
Ich hasse Franzosen, du hure.
A feint chuckle is heard on the other end of the recorder after the statement, before her usual remarks continue;
Derocles... I'm so happy you found Elke in the end. Without you she'd be dead and buried... Hanged from a lamp-post and stomped under the rubble. You've saved me from boredom and saved a close friend of mine. I don't think I'll ever manage to repay you for the things that you've done. I think I'll wrap this cassette up into a post-card, find out where you went and ship it off to you. It's the least I could do, actually.
The recording is interrupted by several closer sounding gun shots - radio crackles heard coming from the woman - feint words of 'WE NEED EVERYONE FROM THE PRECINCT HERE NOW!' are parsed through the grain.
Shit... Derocles, I need to go. But I trust Elke to teach you German. I-- I miss you. And I really miss hanging out with you, and- Fuck, I'd like to see you again when this is all over.

1790035219133.png

A long pause comes before the recording, the woman had hit the button but only the whir of the machine filled the vacant space - her mouth was held low, close to it as she spoke.
I don't know what to say about Tender, if I'm honest with you. He's a good man, me and him shared some weed on the roof-top, we had a very good long chat about everything. Sometimes I'm concerned about him but I think he's the stoic sort... I'm just glad that-
A brief pause is heard, trepidation within the womans voice.
That it didn't happen, Tender, if you're hearing this - just know I have your back. I'm on your side. You will make it out of here and I will make sure of that. You're a good man, ernestly. I just wish you and I had more chances to talk - you're interesting in your own right. I think you're the kind of person to stick to the shadows and only emerge when needed. That much has been proven true.

1790035234536.png

The crackle of cigarette smoke is heard from the recorder as it plays - crackles against its recorder as the womans begins to speak - the rustling of a cigarette butt in lieu of her speech.
Ethans a good man. A really good man. Doesn't involve himself in any thing bad, sticks to himself. He's proven himself useful time and time again asking for naught in return. I don't know why he's so loyal to the Ministry, or to the people of our humble District. But this is a man you can truly rely on to do what he does best... Also fucking hell does he have some arms - the man's stronger than he lets on.

1790035246613.png
The recorder thumps open with the labouring of equipment set upon the table.
One of my most valued assets. She is by far one of the kindest people I've met in my life... She actually reminds me of my mother a little bit, but please don't tell her I said that. She's pure of heart and soul - despite the job she does. Especially as Head Paramedic. How has someone who's seen so much stay so positive?
There's a reminiscent tapping upon the desk - one Nadine had remarked upon the recorder before.
I should take a page out of her book. She is the definition of stoicism. The definition of Stalwart. I hope I have half the sense of mind, half the perseverance and half the drive as she does. Give me these things and I will make the best verdammt Ärztin you've seen. That much is true.

1790213495286.png
The creak of a chair is heard before a lump on it wafts the camera's recorder;
Mein Gott... Piotr. Piotr... The guy needs to smoke some weed and learn to relax. I have trouble getting through to him - he's like the iron curtain. The guy's built too many walls but I feel like I'm smashing them down one by one. Getting him out of his shell if we can use the frame. Recorder, I really don't know what I'm going to do with him. He is chronically disgruntled with life despite my attempts to show him the better sides of it!
A sigh of vexation heard upon the recorders microphone.
I still like him though, he's a reliable clinician, and when he comes out of his tepid shell he's remarkable. If only he could just focus in on the world the same way he does in the clinic. A duck out of water needs to learn to walk.
 
Last edited:
please add my character arcenaux he's so important in the event yo
 
Back
Top