Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

the irish

  • Thread starter Thread starter AdamCF
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
An implementation of turning off OOC should be done anyway, regardless of my opinion on this topic!
 
An implementation of turning off OOC should be done anyway, regardless of my opinion on this topic!
Yeah.
i just think staff are too triggerhappy, that was the point of this post
Stop shitting on grass, get a feature added, get the CMs to tell their staff to settle a bit
 
I'm going to have to side with the administration on this one, I'll concede one point. Saying eff the irish isn't racist, we know that.

Though.

The context of it's use, constitutes harassment. WN provides a RP where players are harassment and judgement free, recently like the people who have been banned. They have been caught using eff the irish in a way, that constitutes targeted harassment. The admins are right in banning/warning you guys, stop harassing people for their country of origin. This isn't cool, hating on someone's culture is toxic and shouldn't be allowed in this community.

If you want to be a jerk/toxic player go to another community.
 
WN provides a RP where players are harassment and judgement free
This is blatantly false if you've sen the discord.

They have been caught using eff the irish in a way, that constitutes targeted harassment
I gotta disagree with this, literally no-one was being harassed because of an irish guy saying "fuck the irish"

hating on someone's culture is toxic and shouldn't be allowed in this community.
It is allowed in the community though


The issue is: An irish guy saying "fuck the irish" gets a 24 hour ban without warning.
Discord users spamming "NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER" gets literally no punishment
Targetted harassment rarely gets any punishment, even when directly reported to staff with evidence and full context.
 
But you guys are targetting a group, what your saying is still hurtful so why do you guys want to be so toxic?
 
But you guys are targetting a group, what your saying is still hurtful so why do you guys want to be so toxic?
The main issue isn't that someone got banned for saying "fuck the irish"
the issue is that people arent being banned.

Look at the shitposing channel. Full of people spamming racist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-semetic shit, targetted harassment, "funny trolls". This is all allowed by staff.
Yet ingame, it's completely different, with some people being banned for relatively minor things.
 
If they can do it then so can I really isn't an argument, you still haven't answered publicly why do you have to be so toxic..?
 
Last edited:
Yet ingame, it's completely different, with some people being banned for relatively minor things.
I'm surprised you haven't realised yet that its a PR move.

Nobody would stay if you hopped on server and got met with anything you see in that channel - so obviously, WN needs to seem like its up to the standards of every other big community and not tolerate that sort of shit in a 'welcoming and opening community'.

But they're also eager to attract anyone and everyone to make a playerbase, so they have a channel buried in the Discord where you can whatever vile and hateful shit 'as a meme' and not get punished for it to try and prove they're different from those other communities and attract the people who find that funny to do.

Of course though all that does is lead to situations like this, where people get made examples of on the forums or server for trivial offences while they literally allow it to happen in a select channel of the Discord.
 
In reply to what @Caesar said on the other thread (I wasn't about so I've only had a quick skim through, if I get anything wrong then tell me)


You believe that people are saying 'Fuck the Irish' as a form of harassment, however, the people saying it are literally Irish. Are they harassing themselves? Nobody seriously has a problem with the Irish, people are joking about the Irish as a way of saying how completely fucking ridiculous the situation is. Just because I have 'Bring back the black and tans' as my signature doesn't mean I actually want to bring the black and tans although that would be nice

As for your opinion about not allowing anything offensive in OOC, that's just really dumb. I get banning slurs or when people are going over the top, but if you ban all 'Offensive' speech then all that does is create a climate where if you don't like someone, you just bait them into saying something vaguely offensive like 'Idiot' or 'Mong' and then you can get them kicked. If you're acting like an idiot, you deserve to be able to be called an idiot. If you seriously think toxicity is going to be a problem, just look at OOC before the whole 'Irish' situation - It was fine. Now, most of OOC is people taking the piss out of the admins and their stupid decisions.

This isn't the UN, it's a server in a video game. Please stop taking everything so seriously.
When the rules are even more draconian and ridiculously enforced than neb, then I think you're going to have a lot of issues down the road.
 
Honestly I'm just waiting for these trolls to continue to try and abuse and game the system I know the staff will give them a wake up call. As for your concerns they are noted but I stand firmly in my belief against these user's toxicity.
 
Honestly I'm just waiting for these trolls to continue to try and abuse and game the system I know the staff will give them a wake up call. As for your concerns they are noted but I stand firmly in my belief against these user's toxicity.
Do not communicate with the GR4SS alt account
 
@Spine I'd suggest locking this thread, I can sense an impending derail troll tactic on route.
 
@Spine I'd suggest locking this thread, I can sense an impending derail troll tactic on route.
You are so fucking annoying you ask people to defend their points only to just go "lol cringe unfunny troll lock the thread" holy shit you are such a fucking hypocrite
 
The only one not contributing here is you, friendlyman brought up points which I responded too, you on the other hand just live to shit post and derail topics as you are doing now.
 
The only one not contributing here is you, friendlyman brought up points which I responded too, you on the other hand just live to shit post and derail topics as you are doing now.
theres no point even responding to you considering you only know how to call people cringe and unfunny when they dont fit your ideals lmao youre fucking pathetic
 
The only thing I've called cringe is the stupid memes you've posted in response to my actual arguements.

lmao youre fucking pathetic
Once again proving your toxicity, reports been filed hopefully you'll be dealt with soon.
 
I'd prefer it if this thread wasn't locked until a resolution is made.

Granted, Caesar trolling and people flaming him isn't exactly helping.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top