Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Denied The Sniper's Ban Appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sniper

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Aug 13, 2021
Messages
283
Steam Name: The Sniper
SteamID:

Name of the Admin you were banned by:
Unsure, might be Nath or Badger.

How long is the ban for?: 2 weeks (end this monday or thuesday)

The reason you were banned?:


I created a GM event for the rebels on TLM with a ban of marauding Civil Protection defectors (drawing inspiration from Cormac McCarthy) to serve as antagonists and an obstacle to the rebels. During the world building with Leko during the first day (in which Emiyo and Yards was kidnapped by the two characters Cormac and Roy), me and Leko was reconstructing a house and propping it, during which I wrote a note that was supposed to be found by Emiyo.

The note read and gave hints that this group had been conducting SA (sexual assault), but nothing explicit/sexual. Badger told me that such explicit content were not allowed and this letter of world-building resulted in my loss of ET position and a two week ban enacted by the server council.


1769189912508.png


Why do you wish to be unbanned?:

I have been part of Willard Networks since 2021 with a variety of characters; Juno Andersen, Richard O'Brien, Samantha Wilde (Wildcard) and more characters both in main, Short-Stories etc.

I personally have mixed feelings for the ban over this note alone, but I accepted what Badger said. However, that means that the wait I have had for five years to participate in the endgame kinda feels blown-away. I have spent five years of loyalty to the community only to be sidelined for the finale and missing more.

The ban is supposed to end on monday or thuesday, but means that I will miss the events that are happening now. I harbor no resentment other than to myself and I understand that political correctness must be applied when in a position of power and when it comes to world building in the future, no such things will not be allowed from my side.

I wish to ask to be unbanned today to grant me a possibility to participate in the endgame held today (with its start).

After four and a half year, this is the first ban I have been subjected to. I wish to ask for amnesty and the ban lifted today so that I can participate with those I consider friends, as the character development I have with others spans for months if not for a fully year.

Thank you.



Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: No.

Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: @Badger @gammaonvrc @Genny
not sure if they are witnesses, but whatever helps I guess.
 

Attachments

  • 1769189897134.png
    1769189897134.png
    432.2 KB · Views: 0
Since you @'d me I will give my input :)

I did not personally push for the ban, so I am neutral on whether it is lifted early. The apology you personally sent was appreciated and did show awareness and care!

That said (please don't hate me for saying this). You have a history of leaning into very extreme roleplay themes and taking inspiration from real world groups that are violent, extremist, or historically abhorrent. For example, the previous 'bandit' group. This is not a one off incident and it has been raised by multiple people over time (as far as I know). Even when nothing explicit is written, those references still create discomfort and push against boundaries the server has been clear about. Especially when we are moving forward into V3 and there will be no tolerance for things such as this.

Because of that, while I am not opposed to the ban being removed, I do not support reinstatement into Event Team. ET requires a higher standard of judgment in world building and a clear avoidance of themes tied to real world extremist groups, racism, or sexual violence.

That's all from me.
 
Hello Sniper. Your appeal is currently being reviewed by the staff team and we'll let you know the outcome once people have voiced their opinions.

Thanks for making an appeal and have a good day!
 
Hello again Sniper. Thanks for waiting for an answer to this.

After having a discussion with the rest of the team, an agreement was made that we wont be unbanning you earlier. Good news is, you dont have much longer to wait before the ban itself runs through its course.
1769432154535.png
In just over two hours from this post you will be unbanned on the outlands server, allowing you to join once more and get stuck into the RP again.

Please refrain from making any characters that portray what you were originally banned for. That kind of RP is very much against what we are trying to achieve in the community, so please bare that in mind.

If you wish to RP things other than that, which fall into the realms of being potentially disturbing to other people, please refer to the rules and double check what it is you are doing and get confirmation from other players first, to ensure everyone is comfortable with that type of RP.
1769432359790.png
1769432411535.png

Also be sure to check them regularly and if in doubt to what you are planning, reach out to a member of the staff team for clarification.

Thanks again and have a good day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top