THE UCS PROLOGUE - '2150' EVENT FEEDBACK

Imperator RAD-X

The Supreme Marshal
Staff Member
Server Council
THE CIVIL WAR IS OVER.
VICATH IS SUCCESSFULLY SECURE.
EVERYONE PLAYS BLACKJACK ON THE WAY HOME.
THE COLLECTIVE COLLAPSES AS IT EVACUATES NORTHERN AMERICA.
THE UNITED CIVILISED STATES IS REBUILDING
BUT THE EAST IS STIRRING...

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE EVENT WITH THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

1. Was the atmosphere of the 2150 UCS Prologue exactly what you had in mind? Was it entertaining for you?

2. Was the Collective appropriately showcased as an antagonist to your characters, and how threatening they are to you?

3. Did you like how the map was open exploration? Do you want more of that?

4. Did you think the mech battles were cool? Do you want to end up driving ones in the next UCS event with an additional role "MECH OPERATOR"?

5. Do you like the S2RP focus when it involves the PVP element of combat between the Gamemasters and you during this event?

6. Was the relationship with S2RP appropriate during this event?

7. Favourite Part? Worst Part?

8. Will you take part in future 2150 events?

Post videos and screenshots :)

1. Was the atmosphere of the 2150 UCS Prologue exactly what you had in mind? Was it entertaining for you?
Definitely, it worked really well and was a great war event with some unique elements. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can’t wait for a sequel event
2. Was the Collective appropriately showcased as an antagonist to your characters, and how threatening they are to you? Yeah, the giant mechs chasing and going after us as infantry was terrifying and it provided a good incentive for stealth. The supersoldiers were also really fun to fight against, with the S2RP segment in the outpost being enjoyable, if a little cumbersome and confusing at times.
3. Did you like how the map was open exploration? Do you want more of that? I did, though through my orders we mostly stayed on a singular path as best as possible, making use of the pathfinders to find ways forward was a really cool bit for me
4. Did you think the mech battles were cool? Do you want to end up driving ones in the next UCS event with an additional role "MECH OPERATOR"? Yeah, it made the final battle really chaotic and dangerous looking, and it was just cool to watch as they fought eachother with jets and helicopters flying in the background, it made it feel like you were in a sci fi war.
5. Do you like the S2RP focus when it involves the PVP element of combat between the Gamemasters and you during this event? Definitely, though some refinement of how it works should be done due to it being a little confusing with the large amount of people present for one fight.
I think it was, though I wish we had more encounters with the S2RP enemies earlier on.
7. Favorite Part? Worst Part?
My favorite part was how I ended up assuming command of the squad since the previous leader didn’t come, and I had to basically make sure we didn’t all get murdered and ended up making a bunch of important decisions which was really cool to see, especially since it was my first time in a leadership role in seriousRP. Worst part was less a specific moment and more just the lack of contacts, it was a little jarring to hear this was the site of a big war zone and barely any enemy infantry showed up until the very end of the event.
8. Will you take part in future 2150 events? Yes (as long as we don’t deorbit the Earth :Troll: )
Notwell.jpgThesquad.jpgPathfinder.jpgBigship.jpgVictory.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't expect to be it like this,but it was even better than that-

2. Was the Collective appropriately showcased as an antagonist to your characters, and how threatening they are to you?
Yeah,i think that the collective was really intimitading and i liked how they were portayed.

i liked the exploration on the map,but it wouldn't be a problem,if it was smaller.

4. Did you think the mech battles were cool? Do you want to end up driving ones in the next UCS event with an additional role "MECH OPERATOR"? The mechs were cool and they should be a faction,but i wouldn't play as one myself-

5. Do you like the S2RP focus when it involves the PVP element of combat between the Gamemasters and you during this event?

The start was a bit confusing,but besides,that i liked it and it s2rp brings more rp into the comabat in general imo-

The part were the dreadnought was getting destroyed,was the def the coolest part for me,but i enjoyed the entire event :)

8. Will you take part in future 2150 events? yeah,at least i want to

Yes. This event stayed true to the lore of 2150 and pretty much included the large majority of what you would expect from a 2150-themed event. One thing I really liked is how players went out of their way to research and learn more about 2150 before applying, allowing them to create thematically correct characters which fit into the world and its state.

Everyone here played their roles well and I think both GMs and Players should be thanked for their efforts towards making the event a success. The way it felt, the war-like tone, the world in a constant state of bloody warfare all matching. The environment and setting was fitting and the story was smooth.

The only thing I would have to say is that some things were unclear and there was a lack of exploration by the Players. I think that is generally because of its long run time to fit all the story in, though and not a fault of anyone in particular. This can be remedied in future events by allowing players to know they will be given some rest time to explore like we used to do in our TLH days which worked well.

This way, players can discover objectives that the event had readily available for them or find new equipment/loot in the world. Giving them a better idea of how many options they have open to them. I think the Mechs were great but one of them potentially off-put players heading into that direction where a missed objective was located.

Generally, Cinematics can be played around differently and while I am going about more event stuff vs the actual environment now. It would be good to avoid placing the most dangerous obstacles in the form of cinematics in the way of an optional task. Of course, this may force them one direction or to find the optional objective but there is ways to be considered to sorta give a light nudge of "Choose which direction you want to go without feeling one way is overly dangerous"

The Collective felt great, and while they aren't fully mentioned on the Wiki, I can see you went down a more customized route with your story here. Essentially creating the resistance faction of 2150, which is aligned with neither the Aliens, UCS, ED or even LC. A unique faction which played its part well, shown to be similar to the ED in its limited resource but given the more fun elements too of an organised terrorist force that you would rather want out of your way than not.

Overall it was great.

Yes, as I said above, Exploration is great, and I think it should be done more often. My only gripe, as I said previously, was the Super dangerous mech was a bit off-putting when choosing which direction to head. Then again, Alessio did say he was in a rush to finish the event and only found one path ICly as a result, not finding the other objective.

4. Did you think the mech battles were cool? Do you want to end up driving ones in the next UCS event with an additional role "MECH OPERATOR"?

Not really. I would say Mechs should be left as set pieces for the story. It's much cooler to see that shit in person on the ground as we all got to witness it.

However, depending on the event, maybe one or 2 positions for mech operators can work, given that if they die, the pilots get to continue without the mech with like basic equipment (aka a sidearm) until they find a new weapon and better gear to suit their boots on the ground role after defeat.

Yes, read below.

Yes, the S2RP in the building was great, though we did manage to disintegrate the building. Lmao. Apart from that, all good. A mix of S2RP and S2K in events helps the flow a lot. Though careful with how long S2RP runs for.

Warfare elements with the mechs, aircraft and all sorts of cinematics were a lot of fun.
The worst was the part where I felt I was being pushed along in the sense of player leadership. Aka, nothing to do with GMs, just a gripe with IC leading and how it affects the other elements for other players. Still, a good leader though regardless.

8. Will you take part in future 2150 events?

Indeed, I want all of the team to make it through the UCS storyline and even explore new characters inside of other factions like ED, Collective itself and LC.

Back