Accepted thejanitor413/bigdaddboy413 - Event Concept - A Bethesda Tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejanitor413

Radio Bob Approved

wjMBYQO.png

2251 - Slab City, California, the wasteland has kept spinning tales and spitting stories out of great heroes, notorious villains - the American's rebuilding West and felled East, torn up by outlaws and settlers, rebuilding the frontier', a slate wiped clean, in their own images of a beauteous world. Warring, raiding, and rioting - raiders taking grasp over their portions of desert. Settling, planting, herding. And honest hearts not yet dead.

Slab City, a formerly lawless place, stands pridefully as if having survived the Nuclear Fallout of America, and retained it's purity. Untouched, unscathed. Slab City had lived through the treacherous Wasteland before and after they had come about. Now a thriving settlement in the heart of the West, one of the few free settlements among rising factions vying for power, it is a popular place merely for some sense of lawlessness, and neutrality. Where men go to hide, die, or drink.

Oblivious to the outside world beyond resident's past, in it's time, in the last ten years, it was re-discovered by wasters, re-settled; The Minutemen slowly died out, and dispersed with their Castle falling. Junktown gave up independence for the NCR. Arroyo is ravaged by Enclave. The President is killed, and Enclave scattered at the oil rig. Vault City soon follows up in surrendering to NCR. To confront competition, Shi expand in trade relations. A man in the Midwest, dons red robes and bares new name, tribals follow where he treads. President Tandi dies and Joanna Tibbett takes over. The Pitt receives an influx of new slaves, and the Paradise Falls expand under a leader's death.

Those are only the most notable events in the last ten years - the world keeps spinning regardless of what see, what we know. Factions rise, and fall. Independence claimed, then stripped. Warbands fight, and die. And the unlucky souls who make the arduous march to find peace somewhere in their closing years of lawlessness, after all said and done - usually find a place in Slab City.

The NCR are making their final grabs at Californian land before the state is their's, Caesar is on a warpath without enemies yet to daunt him, having found success in taming Tribals only a few years. Settlements are rising and falling, neutrality is a touchy subject as many give into these growing powers. Men are fleeing from the East everyday into the west, and finding themselves in the Major and Minor settlements and warbands, be they former Minutemen, Pitt Slavers, Enclave and so on.

The world keep's spinning on a loveless waste, where hate is rampant, and men die daily to a wider array of enemies then there are friends.

In the Slab City and local area, there are a few current contending powers, the year is a mess of groups scrambling for control, to prepare to face either of the Major powers expected to sweep through be it, Caesar or Tibbet's NCR.

Some groups that have risen and fallen in the past have tried to take the town, namely, going as follows;

- The Mayor, and Slab City's Militia - fighting for the continued independence and neutrality, though, are more so just the common law-enforcers of this town.

(The Mayor, and Deputies/Sheriff roles can be applied for. Most will automatically be assigned to live here.)

- Concretefields, a smaller settlement known for it's 'Concrete Cowboys', dedicated to herding and ranching. Less popular than Slab City, and more orderly.
(A smaller portion of players will be automatically assigned to live here.)

- Mitchell' Jr. Caverns, a smaller settlement, a safe place often for the less savory and less progressive, housing many tribal folk.
(A smaller portion of players will automatically be assigned to live here.)

- The Rotting Roads Caravan Co', a local trading company, of which controls much of the local supply of food, water and weaponry!
(Caravaneers and Guard roles can be applied for.)

- The 'Fat Cats', a pre-war traditional group of family and friends, forming a old world criminal group vying for town. They wish to establish an orderly dominion.

(Triggermen roles can be applied for.)

- The 'Grease Monkeys', a raider group, dedicated to the extreme salvaging all things new and old, for sake of sale, or creation. Vying for Slab City, to create an anarchy.

(Raiders roles can be applied for.)

(Besides the first three, these factions are merely templates and suggestions, form your own groups, if you wish, perhaps own settlements, gather friends for group applications and the like. Or apply as one of the bottom three, for a more linear, pre-made experience. Your experience will go as far as your creativity does.)

4Rz2NBh.png

tXWaGPs.png

(You can also apply to play ghouls, mutants, and in some cases, robots and creatures.)

OOC,

It should be noted players are expected to detail their characters well, as there will be an inclusion of a passive and combative perk system, something I would like to try, following player's backstories,

Perhaps a character has a brother, or met some merc' on the road, they will have a companion perk, someone who follows them, and may give them a quest!

Perhaps a player has a prior affiliation, a current, or is fleeing something, they will have a quest perk, putting them along the line of a personal quest in Cali'.

Perhaps a player gambles well, smooth talks, threatens. A perk will follow for interacting with event actors and the like.

As well, residence and faction information can and should be left out, to allow event runners to assign you somewhere, unless you have an idea based on certain starts.

Other than that, it is my intention to replicate a fallout setting, divying players to locations, and making the wasteland feel alive, inside and out of town - with the help of players who have creative visions.

Rv0X4N6.png

Steam Name & ID: bigdaddyboy413, idk my ID.
Discord Name & ID: bigdaddybo#7556

Minimum two paragraph backstory on the event: Above.

Workshop Content (collection including map, NPCs, unique tools/weapons, etc): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731720128 (need to compile fallout content)
Map (Workshop link & ID, like gm_flatgrass): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731720128

If your backstory does not cover the following questions, please answer them.

Do you wish to spearhead the project if your concept is accepted? (You will run the event alongside the SS team): I do. I feel it's the only way to perfectly capture the vision.

Is this concept set in the Half-Life universe?: No.

Will this concept follow Willard's Timeline?: No.

Will this concept affect the main server?: No.

Where on the WN lore map - https://willard.network/forums/pages/map/ (if anywhere) would this effect, and to what severity?: No.

Do you have any SS members vouching for the event?: No.

Inspired by @Craw , I am aware he teased a fallout event - here's essentially me trying to volunteer to work on it with or for him.

This event, I'd hope, would last a week, with each day progressing a sub-plot, one for each player, or intertwined.

And the main plot itself,

Just to spend alot of time in the world.

I ALSO WANT TO POINT OUT SINCE SOME PEOPLE WILL FUCKING MISS IT, i spent alot of time on the title, and ultimately got inspired by honest hearts dlc name, which was a short version of a biblical quota,

mine is based on Shakespeare "Hell is empty, all the devils are here (on earth)."

Accepted you may run this event as a Temporary Event Master, please contact me over the Short stories Discord for further Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back