Accepted thejanitor413/bigdaddyboy413 - Event Concept - A. Kurosawa Classic.

I'd love to play an Ashigaru (Commoner Soldier) and try to rise up the ranks of Samurai.

"My spear and life is yours to command!"

This has been reviewed collectively by SS team members who provided input. Below is a general statement on why this submission is: Accepted

There's clearly a lot of effort put into this, and while the SS team didn't have much verbal input to provide other than 'Cool event! :)', it's got quite a few upvotes.

No ETA on when it'll be ran, but it will be at some point.

English Priests make no sense, the correct nationality would be Portuguese for this timeframe.

This would mean you just use the Portuguese Language flag rather then argue over what other flag the english should use

English Priests make no sense, the correct nationality would be Portuguese for this timeframe.

This would mean you just use the Portuguese Language flag rather then argue over what other flag the english should use

this event takes place in the final year(s) of sengoku jidai and beginning of christian persecution, so, it would be italian/english franciscan priests and the like, the portugese long remained as merely the only allowed trade with japan when it closed, as i doubt they tried to hamper that to spread faith

This has been reviewed collectively by SS team members who provided input. Below is a general statement on why this submission is: Accepted

There's clearly a lot of effort put into this, and while the SS team didn't have much verbal input to provide other than 'Cool event! :)', it's got quite a few upvotes.

No ETA on when it'll be ran, but it will be at some point.

lmk fr, would love ta start planning

this event takes place in the final year(s) of sengoku jidai and beginning of christian persecution, so, it would be italian/english franciscan priests and the like, the portugese long remained as merely the only allowed trade with japan when it closed, as i doubt they tried to hamper that to spread faith
I mean Francis Xavier was the main guy when people talk about Catholics in Japan (Not many protestants were out doing the same at the time, they waited until later in history to spread their heresy mainly in Africa). And while there certainly were English Franciscans at the time, thanks to the Anglican Heresy there wasn't many of them out doing the same as their Portuguese / Spanish counterparts. If you were to include any Englishmen, I would recommend just keeping it to 1 if any

Just to put it in perspective it would be rare for even an Italian to be out this far, unless he himself knew Portuguese, as it was the Language a Catholic would have to know if he went out that far to the east as the nearest major "safe haven" was Goa, a Portuguese Trade City in India. No one else in the Catholic world had any posestions that far east

I mean Francis Xavier was the main guy when people talk about Catholics in Japan (Not many protestants were out doing the same at the time, they waited until later in history to spread their heresy mainly in Africa). And while there certainly were English Franciscans at the time, thanks to the Anglican Heresy there wasn't many of them out doing the same as their Portuguese / Spanish counterparts. If you were to include any Englishmen, I would recommend just keeping it to 1 if any

Just to put it in perspective it would be rare for even an Italian to be out this far, unless he himself knew Portuguese, as it was the Language a Catholic would have to know if he went out that far to the east as the nearest major "safe haven" was Goa, a Portuguese Trade City in India. No one else in the Catholic world had any posestions that far east

Gotcha.

Either way I think English/Spanish characters will enable a fun little language barrier with them needing to speak Portuguese and Portuguese likely only being known by nobility and men to do with the merchants trade.

Would be cool to have some system in place for the Christian ashigaru and followers to learn Portuguese too.

Gotcha.

Either way I think English/Spanish characters will enable a fun little language barrier with them needing to speak Portuguese and Portuguese likely only being known by nobility and men to do with the merchants trade.

Would be cool to have some system in place for the Christian ashigaru and followers to learn Portuguese too.
Just don't put an English speaker in for the sake of the language flags system. Otherwise you'll be forcing him to use another flag or everyone else to just use the /jap

W6QnCJd.jpg

A lone ronin wanders into town, his sword-arm on sale.

Inescapable greed.

FXRs1Ut.jpg

The honest man toils with his weight and fields.

Caring for a daughter of whom love him not.

ZnUDTmC.jpg

A cursed warrior. Surviving one of many battles.

Defeat demands death, he soars away.

VLuC7Kb.jpg

A heartless old crone - a witch against those divine.

Cursing evil omens on those who walk.

oEQuE8K.jpg

A duelist, hired on to one of the clans.

A man, bumping, shoving, insulting - and drawing swords in public.

NQh7hUv.jpg

A feudal lord.

One of many coming in on the land grab.

OEDffKh.jpg

A duo of bandits.

Brothers bound by bounties.

~

This event, when it is done, is trying to promote variety in character, uniqueness - and identity of people.

Do not restrict yourself when the applications are opened.

Think of characters you'd want to play, and we will work the world around them - bandits, poachers, farmers, merchants, so on and so forth, even witches and spiritual things.

It's fictional history set in real history, make it your own.

Every character will have a say in the future of the domain.

Back