Thrower
New member
- Joined
- Jul 31, 2022
- Messages
- 3
- Thread Author
- #1
Introduction
Hi! Yesterday (2022-09-02) I was banned for metagaming, on the basis of using two character to give a rebel group an advantage. I'd like to clear up any misunderstandings and apologize for myself in this appeal, so here goes.
Preface
I had two rebel characters, KING-6 working as an undercover informant for the group "The Risen", and Eric Andersson, a disenfranchised man who eventually joined the same group. What I hope to gain from this thread is two things: Unbanned from the server, and regain my CP whitelist.
Joining the group
Before my CP whitelist, I had come in contact with the leader of the group through normal day-to-day conversations, sitting at the bench in Victory street. Having no idea who he was ICly or OOCly, until I had eventually gained his trust, which he then explained he was a member of an underground cell. I explained I was going to apply to the civil protection, I eventually joined the rebel group ICly, and managed to become a Civil Protection unit. I began to inform the rebel group about CP dealings through ICly means, i.e using tap code through /me's and /pm's.
Example: /me would tap his stunstick against his legs as he inspected the street.
/pm Harry .... .... .... .. . . ... ... .... ... .. .... .... .... / . .. ... . ... .... . ... . ... / ... ..... .... .. .. .... .... ... ... .... ... ... . ..... .... ..
The other person would have IC knowledge of using tap code, and be able to decipher the tap that was being heard. This has been approved by staff, as far as I'm concerned. That is pretty much the precipice of my interactions with the group on my CP. Now my second character, Eric Andersson, is another story.
I created him to help out the rest of rebel cell through IC means only. Organization, running a group of outsourced scavengers to help with our upcoming expedition (which I believe is cancelled now). I didn't use any of my IC or OOC information that I had gained on my CP whitelist on my character Eric. The only metagaming I admit to, is knowing which person to go to in order to join the rebel group, that's it. I also weren't aware that you could not have two seperate characters in the same group, and that is completely my fault. And I sincerely apologize for that. But like I said, I have not metagamed ANY information from my CP character, to my other rebel character. You cannot prove this, because it is simply not the case.
About the ban
I was asked about my two rebel characters by Kappatalist, and he was the one who informed me that it was indeed a rulebreak. But I didn't even realize I got banned until I tried joining the server. They said they were going to inform me about it after they had finished discussing and sorting things out, but I was never notified on the verdict after that.
Final Remarks
I have only been cordial and respectful to any and all staff members that I have had the chance of speaking to. I believe this is all just a huge misunderstanding, and I hope that you come to realize this. If any of you are worried that my characters had anything to do with the recent vortigaunt freeing operation, then let me settle your worries. I was not even online at that point, and wasn't part of the operation. All my CP character knew is that it was infact taking place, because it had been tap coded to him on the streets by another rebel operator. So I hope this appeal explains the gist of it, and that you'll find it in yourselves to unban me. I love Willard, and it's community. I've had a blast roleplaying on it so far, and I respect the rules that you have in place. I was breaking the rules in complete ignorance, as neither I nor the rebel leader was aware of the rule that had been broken. If I get unbanned, I will certainly read up on the rules as to prevent any further mishappenings.
Thank you.
Thrower#6327
Hi! Yesterday (2022-09-02) I was banned for metagaming, on the basis of using two character to give a rebel group an advantage. I'd like to clear up any misunderstandings and apologize for myself in this appeal, so here goes.
Preface
I had two rebel characters, KING-6 working as an undercover informant for the group "The Risen", and Eric Andersson, a disenfranchised man who eventually joined the same group. What I hope to gain from this thread is two things: Unbanned from the server, and regain my CP whitelist.
Joining the group
Before my CP whitelist, I had come in contact with the leader of the group through normal day-to-day conversations, sitting at the bench in Victory street. Having no idea who he was ICly or OOCly, until I had eventually gained his trust, which he then explained he was a member of an underground cell. I explained I was going to apply to the civil protection, I eventually joined the rebel group ICly, and managed to become a Civil Protection unit. I began to inform the rebel group about CP dealings through ICly means, i.e using tap code through /me's and /pm's.
Example: /me would tap his stunstick against his legs as he inspected the street.
/pm Harry .... .... .... .. . . ... ... .... ... .. .... .... .... / . .. ... . ... .... . ... . ... / ... ..... .... .. .. .... .... ... ... .... ... ... . ..... .... ..
The other person would have IC knowledge of using tap code, and be able to decipher the tap that was being heard. This has been approved by staff, as far as I'm concerned. That is pretty much the precipice of my interactions with the group on my CP. Now my second character, Eric Andersson, is another story.
I created him to help out the rest of rebel cell through IC means only. Organization, running a group of outsourced scavengers to help with our upcoming expedition (which I believe is cancelled now). I didn't use any of my IC or OOC information that I had gained on my CP whitelist on my character Eric. The only metagaming I admit to, is knowing which person to go to in order to join the rebel group, that's it. I also weren't aware that you could not have two seperate characters in the same group, and that is completely my fault. And I sincerely apologize for that. But like I said, I have not metagamed ANY information from my CP character, to my other rebel character. You cannot prove this, because it is simply not the case.
About the ban
I was asked about my two rebel characters by Kappatalist, and he was the one who informed me that it was indeed a rulebreak. But I didn't even realize I got banned until I tried joining the server. They said they were going to inform me about it after they had finished discussing and sorting things out, but I was never notified on the verdict after that.
Final Remarks
I have only been cordial and respectful to any and all staff members that I have had the chance of speaking to. I believe this is all just a huge misunderstanding, and I hope that you come to realize this. If any of you are worried that my characters had anything to do with the recent vortigaunt freeing operation, then let me settle your worries. I was not even online at that point, and wasn't part of the operation. All my CP character knew is that it was infact taking place, because it had been tap coded to him on the streets by another rebel operator. So I hope this appeal explains the gist of it, and that you'll find it in yourselves to unban me. I love Willard, and it's community. I've had a blast roleplaying on it so far, and I respect the rules that you have in place. I was breaking the rules in complete ignorance, as neither I nor the rebel leader was aware of the rule that had been broken. If I get unbanned, I will certainly read up on the rules as to prevent any further mishappenings.
Thank you.
Thrower#6327
Last edited: