Thanks for playing the passive roleplay for Chapter 3's prologue. Here's the feedback I always request so I can actively make my events better in the future.
Section One
What did you enjoy the most about the events?
What did you least enjoy most about the events?
Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for?
Section Two
Was the starting time preferable for you?
Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful?
Did you like your preferred role?
Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay?
Section Three
What do you wish to see in the future?
What do you not wish to see in the future?
In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety?
What did you enjoy the most about the events? (I immensely enjoyed the automation of the event- players' actions actually have an effect on future events, and how they occur. In one instance, we had blasted the Zonarch quite a few times with various implements, and as a result, it went down fast when the Antlion Guard fought it.)
What did you least enjoy most about the events? (On some occasions, it felt like I didn't know exactly what my options were. Sometimes, there was confusion. This could be solved by just giving hints as to what the player's options are... or making them more clear.)
Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for? (No, but I sense that some people would. Six hours isn't bad for me, but considering what time this began at, it's a meaningfully /long/ time.)
Section Two
Was the starting time preferable for you? (Yes. We started at about 12:00, MT, which would be about 7:00 in Imperator Rad-X's time. Considering it's a weekend, and also Summer, most people will find this time to be preferable. It's about 6:00 MT as we've finished this prologue.)
Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful? (It sometimes took a few tries to get what I wanted; for example, I had to ask about thrice to receive extra ammo for my USP Match, since I had some ICly that I lost when I restarted the server. Otherwise, the staff were very helpful and engaging to RP with.)
Did you like your preferred role? (In the RP, I assumed the position of a sort of medic. This was a role I enjoyed playing. I assume that's what you're asking.)
Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay? (If you're asking from an IC standpoint, probably Ethan, as a guard and cover-shooter, an engaging character for his role. If you're asking from an OOC standpoint, Rad-X. I don't think it was his job to be the equivalent of a DM, but he excelled at it and went above and beyond regardless.)
Section Three
What do you wish to see in the future? (I'm a slut for large, open areas infested with the enemy, where discretion and precaution are the best options to get to a certain safe point. I'm also very intrigued by the whole "clashing outlanders" idea, where Antlions and Headcrabs clashed violently outside- this seems realistic to me, and actually happens in HL. Plus, it's so fun to RP around.)
What do you not wish to see in the future? (I'm really down for anything. I just don't want stagnance. As long as the host knows when it's time to spice shit up, I'm having fun.)
In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety? (As far as my recent HL2RP experience usually is, definitely a solid 9/10.)
What did you enjoy the most about the events? Player action becoming one of the centerpieces of the narrative during passive events - especially effective in passive moments, where people can take the story in directions they want.
What did you least enjoy most about the events? Being exposed to information my character would have no way of inferring/knowing via /event calls. Sometimes they're nice, subtle nods to how player choice actually affects the story, whereas other times it feels to hamfisted - 'you handled this wrong'-esque messages or explaining what would've happened in its entirety had you gone down a different direction doesn't contribute to the immersion, and can sometimes break it; I've only noticed this a choice few times, but it's one of the largest complaints I currently have seeing as everything else is progressing nicely. Maybe announce these things at the end of the event (think Chapter 1, end of Part 2) or make a post-action report going through GM notes, if you're desperate to reveal these things.
Did you / did you not like how long the event lasted for? As ever, no real issue with timings - especially as it's passive.
Section Two
Was the starting time preferable for you? Yes.
Were the Event's Staff helpful or unhelpful? Very helpful.
Did you like your preferred role? Yes.
Who do you believe excelled in their position in the roleplay? All players played well - Williams + registry's char were pretty cool during the event.
Section Three
What do you wish to see in the future? More passive-focused threats/problems/talking points dispersed between action-based S2K threats - think Chapter 1 crossing the minefield bridge, and Chapter 2 stealth as the group moved through the valley.
What do you not wish to see in the future? Over-use of /event messages and over-explanation of things going on 'behind the GM screen' (if that makes sense?)
In an honest opinion, how would you rate the event in its entirety? Strong - keep it up!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.