Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unban Appeal - 76561198088255906

Status
Not open for further replies.

waew

New member
Joined
Jan 21, 2024
Messages
10
Steam Name: waew
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:63995089

Name of the Admin you were banned by: CENGIZ
How long is the ban for?: Forever
The reason you were banned?: S2k and dc
Why do you wish to be unbanned?: As I was mistaken and didnt understand new rules
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: No
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them) Not that I know


I am writing to request that my ban be lifted from the server. I understand that I was banned indefinitely for shooting instead of roleplaying in close quarters. I didn't know the current rules of the server because I haven't played since they were updated.

I am sorry for what I did and want to assure you that I never meant to ruin the roleplay experience for others. I now realize that I should have roleplayed the scenario instead of resorting to shooting.

I didn't leave the server on purpose, my game crashed unexpectedly. I know that leaving abruptly is not good and I apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding it caused.

To avoid any more misunderstandings, I ask that you please consider lifting my ban. I will learn the current rules and make sure to follow them when I return to the server.

I don't have any pictures or videos to prove what happened, but I ask that you check the server logs or ask witnesses to support my claim. Their input can show that I didn't mean to cause trouble and that I am committed to following the rules.

I apologize again for any trouble caused and really hope you will lift my ban. I look forward to rejoining the server and having fun roleplaying with the community.

Thank you for reading my ban appeal.
 
Ban Information
  • Ban ID: 129f19c2-fd69-485e-bd04-d16ee0b7361c
  • Reason: 4) Combat -> S2K combat is the default for all mid-long range fights. Shoot to kill is essentially FPS Gameplay. Melee combat or Close Quarters combat are generally enforced as S2RP. (Text based combat, a staff member or GM should oversee this if possible.) But can, by agreement, become S2K. Any engagement with less than 10 players, can, by agreement, become S2RP. | LTARP Leaving after a Fire-fight | Mass-RDM @Appeal at the Forums Cengiz
  • Length: 7 days
  • Date Banned: Sun Jan 21 2024 20:21:45 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Date Unbanned: Sun Jan 28 2024 20:21:45 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Banned By: 76561198188150423 (Cengo)
 
Question for clarification. Was there any reason to open fire on people?
 
The guy has a usp pointed at my IC friend, he drew it and pointed it at him so I opened fire to protect him. I think I accidently hit the other dude but I killed the guy who threatened him.
 
I'm sorry I used to play lemonpunch and also this was old s2k rules I didnt know they changed. I'm going to read up on the rules and i will make sure i follow them and void that fail rp situation.
 
How long is the ban for?: Forever
I am writing to request that my ban be lifted from the server. I understand that I was banned indefinitely for shooting instead of roleplaying in close quarters. I didn't know the current rules of the server because I haven't played since they were updated.
You are not permabanned. You are banned for one week because of your actions today.

Also, I consider this to be a freudian slip of sorts. You say you haven't played 'since they were updated', but also that you used to play LP which implies that you're claiming that you haven't read them at all, despite there being multiple pings in the discord about the rule updates lately. So.. which one is it? Also- you claim you 'haven't played since they were updated'- which implies that you've played on Willard before. Yet, our user tracking system shows no previous activity on your steam account. To have played on Willard in the past, that means you must have done it on a different steam account, which is typically against the rules.
1705872050014.png

Here are the logs as requested

1705871002531.png
1705871031341.png
1705871049301.png
1705871068258.png
1705871092114.png
After looking at the logs, here is my interpretation of events.

Keep in mind that @waew is Bradley Read in this situation
  1. Shaw guys thought these guys ratted them out to the CPs, causing the confrontation
  2. Shaw was kicked to the floor, and Luca aimed a pistol at his head
  3. Bradley decided to pull out his pistol to defend Shaw
  4. While the other players in this close quarters S2RP conflict were typing, you popped a S2K bind and exactly 7 seconds later (after reloading your gun) you then just started shooting everyone in the room. You then shot Luca into bleedout, and did a lot of damage to David Mason, and Johnathan Hyde as well.
  5. Your IC friend then immediately decided to stop being hurt and on the floor, and ran /CharSearch while Luca was in bleedout and looted him.
I'm sorry I used to play lemonpunch and also this was old s2k rules I didnt know they changed. I'm going to read up on the rules and i will make sure i follow them and void that fail rp situation.
You agree to follow the rules when you first join the server. So, it isn't an excuse to having not read the rules, because you agreed to them before making a character. Ignorance is not innocence here. The rules clearly state that for a close range combat scenario such as this- it's generally S2RP, unless agreed on for it to be S2K.

1705871812847.png
 

Attachments

  • 1705870900546.png
    1705870900546.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1705870917338.png
    1705870917338.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 1
I didn't leave the server on purpose, my game crashed unexpectedly. I know that leaving abruptly is not good and I apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding it caused.
You went straight to the abandoned hotel stash, dumped all your items in there, then "crashed unexpectedly". A few minutes later you tried to join back, then you disconnected again, and after that you made zero attempt to rejoin the server.
1705872286383.png
 
I rejoined and was banned. How else can I retry? I stashed my stuff then crashed, as soon as I did I loaded up the game straight after I was banned.

It was just a mess up, I'm sorry gg. My friend told me the rules were similar. Gg honestly. I just got over exited to play after so long.

I promise I will read the rules again and we can do a quiz together on discord on vc if need be.

Sorry. Just let me know if anything I can do to make it better i didnt mean to ruin it for everyone else and myself.

If could lower or it get unbanned be aweomse.. :/ You can see how this wasn't on purpose I hope had loads of fun getting back into hl2rp after so many yrs
 
IS there way i can find crash logs? I can prove it crashed if there are logs on my side :/ Sorry
 
I stashed my items because I didnt want to get caught by other rebels or cps with them. I crashed after I despoited them and tried joining back right after dude, you can see i tried joining back. If I was trying to LTRP why would I try joining back? When I tried joining back I was already banned
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top