Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNION-99 - INT. AUDIO TRANSCRIPT(S)

Candle

leave me alone :(
Joined
Sep 2, 2021
Messages
101



INTERROGATION RECORDING - AUDIO TRANSCRIPT - 3/18/2020
.
[!] VISUAL INPUT HIGHLIGHTED IN BOLD.
.
.
INTERROGATOR(S): ROLLER-99, UNION-03

INTERROGATEE(S): KIRILL ZAPADA

INTERROGATOR'S NOTES MARKED WITH ASTERISKS. ADDENDUMS AT PAGE BOTTOM.

odmCKAuva236koVWLmsdb5OSCHLZ28TFaC4AN5zuJ0ogmPyqaShZYjRZymZIrBTc7sSHfc0z6FXOFioVbl9pOpYm-GN2051c4EhdTwVuapbQS2I1TfQwWgVMJyqgNQoZ8drcxsmk3Fc_lZO0v1l870M
​


The camera clicks on, after a moment of fiddling. It's aimed at K. Zapada, a recently-captured insurgent. Across the desk, the camera pans to two functionaries- one, sitting, marked as UNION-03- the other, stood and leaning on the table, marked ROLLER-99.

UNION-03
<:: Answer our questions...and we're willing to negotiate. Play dumb, and our hands are bound. ::>

ROLLER-99 raises a hand to their headset, tapping it. Their gaze is seen shifting to the man at the desk.

“What is your intention…”​

UNION-03 leaned forward, into the light.
<:: I want information. ::>

"I am not dumb. Just tired."​

ROLLER-99 looked to the other unit, considering their approach.

Kirill leaned back in his seat, swallowing something in the back of his throat. He swished his tongue left, then right.


UNION-03
<:: Let’s start with something simple. ::>
<:: Do you speak Russian? ::>

“I do.”​

UNION-03 looked to their cohort, and nodded.

UNION-03
<:: Your turn. ::>"
<:: 37, confirmed. ::>

ROLLER-99 shifted their gaze back to the figure ahead. The room is silent for a moment, invocative of suffocation.

ROLLER-99
*1 <:: Was it worth killing her? ::>

The man tried to rub his old weathered skin, only to be stopped by the zipties binding his wrists. He shifted ever-so-slightly, rubbing it left, rubbing it right.


“Who?”​
ROLLER-99
<:: I thought you said you weren't playing dumb. ::>

UNION-03 looked to the other unit, then at their suspect. The officer leans back on their chair, and silently taps away at their data-screen.

ROLLER-99
<:: Sophie. ::>

"Truth is mutual, unit. Be honest."
"You want information?"
​

Kirill coughed and sputtered, nearly doubling over. Nearly. He closed his eyes for a few solitary seconds, then blinked. He once more shifted his attention to the window.

ROLLER-99
<:: It's fair to note that a lot can happen in a crossfire you organize. There's a fair bit more at play here, since when you woke up. ::>
<:: I don't mind giving you some time to think it over. 'Truth' is mutual, sure, but not every other abstraction is. ::>

The man breathed slowly.

UNION-03 had their eyes glued to the screen, only occasionally glancing up. They're leaving the stage for their cohort


ROLLER-99
<:: ..So, that aside. Was that at all worth it? ::>

*2 "I'm sorry if I hurt her."​

ROLLER-99
<:: Mm. Apologies, sure. Do you remember waking up? ::>

"I remember that I'm awake."​

ROLLER-99
<:: Those first few moments, post-lucidity- barely past the curtain of it. ::>"

"Hard to see past curtains.."​

ROLLER-99
<:: I remember a sigh. Not one of pain, though you're - - obviously, still in some fair measure. ::>
*3 <:: ..It almost sounded like disappointment. ::>

Another breath took oxygenated blood into the circulatory system. Made up for what was lost.

"I'm not very happy about my current string of life choices."​

ROLLER-99
<:: --Now, far be it from me to assume a man's wishes, but.. ::>
<:: Were you hoping to wake up, or not? ::>

"I was a loyalist..."​

ROLLER-99
<:: Was. ::>
<:: Operative term. ::>
<:: Past tense. ::>
<:: Now, answer the question. ::>
<:: Were you hoping to wake up, or not? ::>

*4 "I answered two questions... I would prefer not to answer this."​

ROLLER-99
<:: I feel like that's a sufficient enough answer. ::>
<:: ..So, we have a few interesting options at play here, today. ::>

The man put on a strange expression, hiding the intricacies of the human form through folds of old skin and an aversion of his eyesight.

ROLLER-99
<:: I could call in a medic. Have you fixed up. Ask you more questions. Keep you here for.. Hours, days, moving to weeks, months. ::>
<:: Because.. That? ::>

ROLLER-99 motions forward, their hand tracing the light rays.
They're pointing at the bandages.


ROLLER-99
<:: Is borrowed time. ::>"

"I suppose you expect the debt repaid in full..."​

ROLLER-99
<:: --The opposite, actually. I don't actually think you value your life. At all. I mean- today's events nonwithstanding. ::>

Kirill looked almost bitter by what he said, the words spoken with equal parts venom and some twinge of acceptance. It clearly stirred something within him.

ROLLER-99
<:: We could fix you up, sure. We could. Might. Maybe. A chance. But I feel like you realize that..-. ::>
<:: That's the worst option for you. ::>
<:: Am I *wrong* in assuming so? ::>

UNION-03 looked up, into the mans eyes, curious

*5 "My death is but one. How many fates were sealed here?"​

ROLLER-99
<:: ..And there it is. The speech of a martyr. ::>

It was clear then: Bitterness. Frustration. He coughed, shaking his head.

"And so much pain..."
"I'm in pain..."
"It hurts.."
​



ROLLER-99
<:: ..Martyrdom, though, requires that exact thing. Death. Passing- whatever you want to call it. ::>
<:: The end. ::>

Kirill squeezed his eyes shut, head aimed to the sky.

UNION-03 reached for their headset.



ROLLER-99
<:: ..And we're able to put that on pause. We're leaning on that, actually. ::>
<:: ..I suppose the real question is - How long do you want to suffer through this? ::>
<:: And the answer, is 'Until we're done.'. ::>
<:: To-- dumb this down, as much as possible. ::>

"Months.."​

ROLLER-99
<:: You cooperate, your so-desired end may come quicker. ::>
<:: You don't? ::>
<:: It'll be delayed. ::>
*6 <:: As long, as we possibly can. ::>

Kirill grimaced.

"You want to use me- for what."​

ROLLER-99
<:: For what? I couldn't care less. Let the brass play with you like a little paper doll, for all I care. Used up and finally discarded- replaced with the next upshot with dreams of martyrdom. ::>
<:: What I do know- and I know this damn well, is that it *will* end if you cooperate. ::>
<:: I can't promise the same, if you don't. ::>

Finally it came, there was a hint of it, obfuscated by the blood and weakness and smell of death that surrounded the man. He looked between the two units, and he did know there were two... He took a glance at both, seemingly knowing where they were in the exact, in spite of their dimmed LEDs.


"Do I want to live..."
"Will you let me... Better question..."
​

UNION-03 scratched their neck, returning the mans stare. The PDA rests in their lap, unused at this moment.

ROLLER-99
<:: --It's not if we'll let you live. ::>
<:: It's if we'll let you die, when you're done. ::>
<:: Do we understand eachother? ::>

Another deep inhalation of breath, the sharp wound of a bullet ripped through the body squishing, sending a wave of pressure and pain straight to the stem.

Laboured breathing- slow, and scratchy. A constant beeping, like life support. A Cremator had passed by, and Kirill was looking around worriedly.


ROLLER-99
<:: Quiet, now. Do you hear that? ::>
<:: It's a glimpse into the future. ::>

Kiril had his eyes go a bit wide at the realization of what the implication was.

ROLLER-99
<:: Think about it. ::>"
<:: Now-. ::>
<:: Do we understand eachother? ::>

"Yes."​

ROLLER-99 is seen nodding.

ROLLER-99
<:: ..We'll give you some time to think that through, I think. ::>

ROLLER-99 looks to the glass, rolling their shoulders.

ROLLER-99 pushes themsleves back, stepping out. They motion the other, to follow.

UNION-03 rose to their feet, and followed behind the other unit. They throw one last glance at the man, before shutting the door behind them.





POST INTERROGATION REPORT
.
.
K. ZAPADA MOVED TO CONTAINMENT CELL ONE.

SUBJECT AGREED TO COOPERATE, UNDER THREAT.


NOTES


*1 - "Her" - Yellow-tier collaborator. See UNION-37's report.
This was a bluff, establishing an overall theme of us knowing more than we did, at the time.

*2 - Establishes regret. Later, when it was revealed she was alive, he spat out and claimed to hate her.

*3 - A bluff. He didn't appear to be responding well to 'cooperate and live.' A gamble was taken to see if he'd respond well to the threat of prolonging suffering.

*4 - Establishes potential suicidal ideation. Marked for future use.

*5 - Ideation confirmed. Suspected 'martyr' complex.

*6 - An active threat. Implication of his suffering, extended, and quality-of-life reduced if he did not cooperate seemed to garner the desired response.


SUBJECT DISPLAYS A LACK OF SURVIVAL INSTINCT.

SUBJECT IS MOTIVATED NOT BY THE PROMISE OF LIFE, BUT THE AVOIDANCE HIS LIFE PROLONGED.

FURTHER POST-INCIDENT INFORMATION TO BE COMPLETED BY UNION-37

​
  • ROLLER-99​
 

INTERROGATION RECORDING - AUDIO TRANSCRIPT - 4/01/2020​

.
[!] VISUAL INPUT HIGHLIGHTED IN BOLD.
.
.
INTERROGATOR(S): UNION-99, JURY-04, UNION-21

INTERROGATEE(S): C32:i4.STICK-72

INTERROGATOR'S NOTES MARKED WITH ASTERISKS. ADDENDUMS AT PAGE BOTTOM.

​


Foreword: Subject was spotted and questioned due to having possessed a blackmark. It is logged that he tried to escape three times before containment was secured.​


C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: ..So. Before we go ahead and run a facial scan. ::>
<:: Got anything to say? ::>


"Just make it quick."​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: Mm. No. Quick deaths go to people who talk. People who don't-. ::>
<:: Well. You should know. ::>


"Mhm.."​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: Unlucky timing, honestly. ::>
<:: Worth the risk? ::>


"Mmgh..."​

UNION-99 is seen tugging the bag off, grabbing the male by his cheeks and looking over the mark on his skin. The recording picks it up as a standard BLACKMARK.​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: So, sprinting from the fence, aside. Where'd you get it? ::>"


"A prison."
"Oh, wait, no- Your mother's house!"
​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: Still a prison. ::>


The prisoner is seen laughing, his façade failing for a moment.​


C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: See? Not so bad. Now-. ::>
<:: Do we want to maintain this refreshing sense of candidness-. ::>
<:: Or should we go back to the basics. Because- let's admit it. ::>
<:: That mark, if you can't explain it away? ::>
<:: Death sentence. You know that. ::>
<:: I hope you're good at improv. ::>


"It's not on my file, and I know that. I can't exactly fake a prison, or a city. Once you get that scanner in here, I'm as good as dead."
*1 "Last officers who brought me in here bought my story about it being a 'punishment'."
​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: That's right. You'll be picked up, carted off, turned into god-knows-what. You know that. I know that. ::>
<:: I'm willing to offer an alternative. ::>


"I don't think you can."​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: Mind if I try? ::> *2


"Likely I won't accept. Even then, delaying the inevitible through talking isn't something I'll pass up.​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: --That's where you're wrong. ::>
<:: You're not at an inevitable. Not yet. ::>
<:: The way I see it, we have two options. ::>
<:: One- we call the scanner in, get your face, your story, and ship you out to Nova Prospekt. ::>
<:: ..Or, we talk. I ask questions. I get answers. And I shoot you in the head, claiming you 'fiddled out' of your bindings. ::>
<:: I'm willing to do the kindest thing I can, in this situation. ::>
<:: Spare you from that. ::>


"You mean you'll mark me for stalkerization if I don't talk?"​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: That mark, being outside? Your permit for stalkerization was already signed. ::>
<:: You know more than I do right now. That's true. But I'm willing to bet there are people here, once acquainted with whatever that scanner says-. ::>
<:: Will know you far better than I. ::>
<:: And if you're that important to them? Yeah. They might. ::>
<:: ..Am I wrong? ::>


A brief staring competition ensued. The prisoner paused to open their mouth, but stopped.​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: So. That's my offer for you. ::>
<:: Still a no? ::>


Suddenly, the prisoner is seen jumping up from their chair, lashing out at the functionary across the table, not flinching.
​
"You fuck! You think you can play god?! Come here- COME HERE! I'll bite your fucking throat out, you sonovabitch!"​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: I don't think anything. You should know 'we' don't, by now. ::>
<:: ..Shall I take this response as a 'Yes, please sign me up for stalkerization?' or-- have you realized your position. ::>


"I'm not working with you. They won't do it- You won't."​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: ..Right, well. I'm going to go ahead and call in for a scanner, now. If you happen to realize your situation before it gets here, shout. ::>
<:: AirWatch, requesting identify confirmation in 10-20, IR. Suspect appears to be blackmarked, over. ::>


UNION-99 is seen turning their attention back to the figure.​
<:: Tick tock. ::>

A moment of time passes. UNION-99 and the subject exit the room, which is logged as a brief departure to bring an AirWatch functionary in for a facial recognition scan. The camera fast-forwards to five minutes later, the two re-entering.​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: Any buyer's remorse, yet? ::>
<:: She's digging. ::>
<:: ..Christ. ::>
<:: She's taking her time, isn't she. ::>
<:: ..Either she's being very, very slow, or you're very, very important. ::>


UNION-99 is seen raising a hand to their helmet's radio. It is confirmed, at this point, that the subject is Autonomous Unit C32:i4.STICK-72.​

C24:i5.UNION-99
<:: ..Ah, look at that. ::>
<:: I was right. ::>
<:: STICK-72. Welcome back. ::>"


UNION-99 is seen calling JURY-04 into the room. From this point forward, the conversation is their jurisdiction.
​




C24:i2.JURY-04
<:: - we had a hunch you were one of us, not least of all since I have the same tattoo. ::>
<:: So. City 32? How'd you make it all this way? ::>


"You're blackmarked, huh? City Thirty-Two... Rome. It's south, closest city from where I was. Travelled by car mostly. Wrecked it in the outskirts, made the rest of the way through rationing my food and a looooooong hike."​

C24:i2.JURY-04
<:: Our city perimeter is fairly loose, from what I've seen, so I won't act surprised. Why chance it inside a city at all, though? ::>
<:: Granted - the facial database clearly took this long to identify you. So either you took some fairly complex precautions, or we need some software updates. ::>


"I was slightly deformed during my journey here, and I shaved my head, grew a goatee..."
"None of those things by themselves would get past a camera, but burns and a malformed jaw, n' nose? It's a fifty-fifty."
"I've been marked by a camera before... Just easy to get past them since you don't have any in this damn zone."
"Sure, you'll throw one in the ration center and the Nexus entrances, but nowhere I trekked."
​

C24:i2.JURY-04
<:: Solid thinking. Tell me about how you got your mark, and the circumstances of your desertion. ::>
<:: I'm always fond of hearing how others got theirs. They're usually the best stories we have. ::>


"I ran because of the mark. Got it because I didn't properly communicate an order that got passed down during a responsive sweep- You may or may not know, but City Thirty-Two is plagued with constant rioting."​

C24:i2.JURY-04
<:: I've heard bits here and there. And-.. That's certainly a familiar story. The unit in here before me had her own incident with sweep orders. ::>
<:: Bit drastic to go AWOL over just one, though. ::>


"So you think."​

C24:i2.JURY-04
<:: How long have been in City 24? ::>


*3 "Few days, maybe a week or so. Surprised I haven't been flagged before this."​

C24:i2.JURY-04
<:: I'm interested to hear how you got an ID card that matched your face, but not your service record. ::>
<:: Did you manage to trick a unit into printing a fresh one? ::>


"Yeah. Over in zone four? Paid him off to fudge my info on a new card."
"Not like I have a very recognizeable name, so I didn't think to get something different."
"'Francis' is a lot less interesting than 'Ilya Zima' or whatever that terrorist-scientist guy is on the wanted posters."
​

C24:i2.JURY-04
<:: You'd think, but for a labcoat, he's proven difficult to find. ::>
<:: Did you come across any antis on your way into the city? ::>


"Not exactly difficult to find them."
"Sewer systems, canals, wasterivers. Always some out there."
​

C24:i2.JURY-04
<:: I'm surprised they didn't kill you. Facewear covered it, I assume? ::>


"No. I just avoided direct contact, minded my own business, and didn't try to deal with them. Had a situation two weeks ago, but... Eh.."
"*Listen*. You have my story, and the evidence. I'm done. Unless you and your friends behind the glass are writing a biography for me before I pass, I see no reason to keep this little game of ours going."
​

C24:i2.JURY-04
<:: I don't see it that way. Admittedly, there's a high chance this ends the way you think it does. But I don't see any harm in asking these things. I won't be deciding on your verdict myself, either. ::>


"It's all you'll get regardless."

​


POST INTERROGATION REPORT​

.
.

C32:i4.STICK-72 MOVED TO CONTAINMENT CELL TWO.

NOTES


*1 - Datafile corroboration suggests the unit to be JURY-32. Unverified.

*2 - A lie, in the hopes of getting the figure to admit that they had knowledge of the Stalkerization process. It was deliberately left vague.

*3 - Oldest report on-record is -2 Weeks ago. Unverifiable confirmation of stay.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top