Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

In-Progress /UnitRadio not working

Devistral

Combine Main
ENG
Administrator
GALUNGA
Joined
Apr 14, 2022
Messages
243
The command is meant to allow dispatch to message a specific unit; this also transmitted around the unit at a standard talking range.
Please fix it, it'd be so fucking cool.
 

Attachments

  • 1729024334432.jpeg
    1729024334432.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 0
Does it work on the main server? Also what is actually broken?
 
Does it work on the main server? Also what is actually broken?

The command itself like I said, robert said it scans for the SCN class, without it there's a weird hook it tries to grab from a vortigaunt script.
When I tried changing my class to SCN it did absolutely nothing so I'm assuming a logic error
 
I will check the logic in a bit
 
@Robert

Changing class almost fixed it, dispatch no longer receives an error and I can see it in console that I used the command.
However the player receiving the transmittion receives this error in return:




[ERROR] gamemodes/ixhl2rp/plugins/vortigaunts/cl_hooks.lua:135: attempt to call method 'GetCharacter' (a nil value)
  1. unknown - gamemodes/ixhl2rp/plugins/vortigaunts/cl_hooks.lua:135
    1. Run - gamemodes/helix/gamemode/core/libs/sh_plugin.lua:383
    2. OnChatAdd - gamemodes/ixhl2rp/plugins/dispunitradio.lua:35
      1. Send - gamemodes/helix/gamemode/core/libs/sh_chatbox.lua:401
      2. func - gamemodes/helix/gamemode/core/libs/sh_chatbox.lua:424
      3. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:38

        ​
 
@Robert

Changing class almost fixed it, dispatch no longer receives an error and I can see it in console that I used the command.
However the player receiving the transmittion receives this error in return:




[ERROR] gamemodes/ixhl2rp/plugins/vortigaunts/cl_hooks.lua:135: attempt to call method 'GetCharacter' (a nil value)
  1. unknown - gamemodes/ixhl2rp/plugins/vortigaunts/cl_hooks.lua:135
    1. Run - gamemodes/helix/gamemode/core/libs/sh_plugin.lua:383
    2. OnChatAdd - gamemodes/ixhl2rp/plugins/dispunitradio.lua:35
      1. Send - gamemodes/helix/gamemode/core/libs/sh_chatbox.lua:401
      2. func - gamemodes/helix/gamemode/core/libs/sh_chatbox.lua:424
      3. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:38
        ​
Hi @Deverinity

I will take a look and this and see if its still broken. Noticed some weird behaviour but I will test it a bit as its been a while since you reported this and we have not had any other reports about this same issue!
 
Back
Top