Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bug Unmasked Civil Protection Models; A fix

  • Thread starter Thread starter Garlic
  • Start date Start date
G

Garlic

Guest
I honestly don't know if anyone else has a problem with this, but I personally do. For the longest time EVER Civil Protection models unmasked are fucking HIDEOUS. like I can't stand looking at these "people" whose eye sockets are literally possessed by an anonymous fucking ghost. Now I'm not here to hate on the Civil Protection models, no. I'm more or less making this to hopefully suggest updating their models to match with the V2 citizen face models, which is able to add more realism to their character rather than just being some bland possessed "person" when unmasked.

I'm going portray a picture of the normal V2 models and compare them with the Civil Protection
NORMAL V2 MODELS
You're able to choose your facial features.

Screenshot (741).png
CIVIL PROTECTION MODELS
You're NOT able to choose your facial features and your characters eyes are possessed. Screenshot (743).png

Screenshot (742).png​


Again, I'm not making this post to shit on the unmasked Civil Protection models but more or less I'm suggesting that they need to be updated to match the normal V2 citizens face models. Why do you care so much about unmasked civil protection models when all they do is wear mask, you may ask? Well, I like realism, and I like to see different character models so that they match what character the player is trying to portray. Whether it be a young Civil Protection brute, or an old male_08 model, I just want these characters to look immersive when they have their masks off and not have them look extremely weird. Anyways, that concludes my rant about this subject. I really hope this gets accepted so that we actually have human looking Civil Protection rather then models which look heavily incomplete, anyways, goodbye and take care.
 
Last edited:
There's some odd setting with the "Eyes" if you search "Eyes" in settings it should bring it up, if I recall a while back I had a similar complaint but after ticking that I was able to see them normally again. Let me know if that helps
 
I am not entirely sure on what causes this.

I am shoving this into BUGS rather than development suggestions and will look into it.

Though if it ultimately is a model issue, it will be denied.
 
I am not entirely sure on what causes this.

I am shoving this into BUGS rather than development suggestions and will look into it.

Though if it ultimately is a model issue, it will be denied.
Gonna add that this is unfixable for femcop models, since they don't actually have the same skins that their citizen variants do. I'm pretty sure this is a model bug since all the slots are there, but nothing changes except eye colour for every 4 to 6 skins.
 
I had to resort to picking the worst looking cop model because I could not change the facial features
 
The fix for this is ask an admin to use the /charsetskin command.

You can view what skins are avaliable by right clicking on the model icon in the q-menu and seeing what skins are avaliable there.
 
The fix for this is ask an admin to use the /charsetskin command.

You can view what skins are avaliable by right clicking on the model icon in the q-menu and seeing what skins are avaliable there.
The thing is, nobody wants to create a new character and then beg an admin to change their characters skin. It's annoying and having to do it every time you create a new character just wastes time in general.
 
Back
Top