[V3] Asia Rewrites

Bull

City Twelve - Complete rewrite and expansion on surrounding area.
Triad of Guangzhou - Replacement of ESIC.
City Thirty Three/Terminal Five - Complete rewrite and expansion on surrounding area.
City Fifty One - Complete rewrite.
Indian Outlands - Complete rewrite.
City Twenty Five - Complete rewrite.
City Twenty Eight - Complete rewrite and expansion on surrounding area.
Instillation 22 - Moved from the Xinjiang Basin to Bishkek since it seems illogical to host a supply base in the middle of a desert even Xenian creatures find it hard to survive in.
City Twenty - Complete Relocation and rewrite.
Minor rewrites and movements of OCIN Relay Towers.

Last edited:
The British somehow retaining Hong Kong in both this and the original lore for City Twelve is both unrealistic and untenable; by then, in real life, the United Kingdom had long lost any serious motivation in retaining Hong Kong as an overseas department and had fully acquiesced to Chinese overlordship over the city.

Considering Britain herself would be in quite a precarious situation, faced with a European onslaught of portal storms much closer to home compared to an island 9,500 kilometres away, contesting an island governed by one of the strongest military forces and preeminent superpowers on earth, China, I do not see her in good faith deploying a substantial military force in perfidious violation of a dozen or so international treaties to reclaim one of her jewel vestiges of imperialism when China, even in their tenebrous situation, would be more than qualified to handle its borders, much less considering the notion of carrying out said invasion.

Mind you, while potentially being scrapped lore now, China and its government at one point had managed to launch the substantial and most ferocious organized resistance effort against the Combine before their eventual defeat, all without the Combine's knowledge and second only to the future Lambda rebellion.

Last edited:
City Thirteen - Complete rewrite and expansion on surrounding area.
Triad of Guangzhou - Replacement of ESIC.
City Thirty Three/Terminal Five - Complete rewrite and expansion on surrounding area.
United in Struggle - Replacement of ESIC.
City Twenty Eight - Complete rewrite and expansion on surrounding area.
Really quick just wanted to point out that the Icon for hong kong writes City Twelve but the areas surrounding write City Thirteen - Is that meant to be right?

1690979867264.png1690979883233.png

The British somehow retaining Hong Kong in both this and the original lore for City Twelve is both unrealistic and untenable; by then, in real life, the United Kingdom had long lost any serious motivation in retaining Hong Kong as an overseas department and had fully acquiesced to Chinese overlordship over the city.

Considering Britain herself would be in quite a precarious situation, faced with a European onslaught of portal storms much closer to home compared to an island 9,500 kilometres away, contesting an island governed by one of the strongest military forces and preeminent superpowers on earth, China, I do not see her in good faith deploying a substantial military force in perfidious violation of a dozen or so international treaties to reclaim one of her jewel vestiges of imperialism when China, even in their tenebrous situation, would be more than qualified to handle its borders, much less considering the notion of carrying out said invasion.

Mind you, while potentially being scrapped lore now, China and its government at one point had managed to launch the substantial and most ferocious organized resistance effort against the Combine before their eventual defeat, all without the Combine's knowledge and second only to the future Lambda rebellion.
Hong Kong still remained a massive hub for trade, industry and wealth for the UK. I wouldn't consider this an invasion of Chinese territory, rather British troops occupying the region temporarily to prevent devastation of the city in question before expiring the lend-lease agreement (i did re-edit the text to reflect this better though, so i appreciate you pointing it out). China was in absolutely NO state to accept control over HK when they only initially successfully defended a few major cities before shoving all of their resources into bunkers for ESIC, so it just resulted in Britain having a portion of troops in this awkward overseas territory.

Britain lore wise was not affected by the portal storms at all. Terminal One's lore says that "With the British Empire claiming this territory for many years up to the end of the Seven Hour War, Gibraltar is now firmly in the hands of the Combine.". It's obvious that if the British were able to defend Gibraltar, they could send troops to defend far away overseas territories and in the real world their militaries have shown a lot of skill in doing so with the Falkland War.

7 Hour War was only in like the early 2000s? City 3's lore only says shit about London during the 7 Hour War, and there's little lore in the region except for The Caledonian Coille (which i think should just be rewritten at this point, a massive ancient forest just re-appearing in one day). It's not outrageous to assume that a nation that was able to successfully hold Gibraltar from across the continent could have enough troops to hold a singular, albeit large city in East Asia.

Hong Kong still remained a massive hub for trade, industry and wealth for the UK. I wouldn't consider this an invasion of Chinese territory, rather British troops occupying the region temporarily to prevent devastation of the city in question before expiring the lend-lease agreement (i did re-edit the text to reflect this better though, so i appreciate you pointing it out). China was in absolutely NO state to accept control over HK when they only initially successfully defended a few major cities before shoving all of their resources into bunkers for ESIC, so it just resulted in Britain having a portion of troops in this awkward overseas territory.
Except China already controls Hong Kong, and Britain would be more concerned with the Portal Storms closest to it. It's silly to send an army 9500 kilometres away to Hong Kong from Britain (their nearest island is in the Indian Sea with no real military presence) to occupy the land of a preeminent superpower with a massive army and paramilitary force even during the Portal Storms.

Best to cut it entirely. Britain would have zero interest in Hong Kong.

Except China already controls Hong Kong, and Britain would be more concerned with the Portal Storms closest to it. It's silly to send an army 9500 kilometres away to Hong Kong from Britain (their nearest island is in the Indian Sea with no real military presence) to occupy the land of a preeminent superpower with a massive army and paramilitary force even during the Portal Storms.

what year did portal storms start?

That's just a lie, Britain wanted to hold onto the city but was pressured by China to recognise the lend-lease agreement under the threat of being invaded. I edited the writing so that China offers Britain a second lend lease agreement whilst societal collapse and massive damage was taken from Xenian invasion.

Back