Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Official V3 Lore Feedback/Questions [Feel free to post here]

I'm not entirely sure if I've missed something or how my memory serves me so I'll ask here since I think this is where it should go,

For those few of us who still have surviving characters that transferred from TerraNova's events as well as I suppose those who have characters from that time might consider bringing them back. How exactly do the new lore changes and the new timeline line up with the events of the old D47 uprisings?

Assuming that the third uprising that was held during the Willard V2 beta is part of the excised timeline now, did the other two still happen?

Are miniature "factions" like Liquidators and the White Dove still going to be something that characters can use in their background or is this going to be removed?

If the D47 lore is to be removed, are there any plans to compensate the backstories of characters who would have come from this so that their stories don't have to be completely remade?

This is probably small fry stuff compared to some of the other major lore changes such as SRF and whatnot, but considering it does involve the backstory of my main character I've played on Willard as well as just being a story that a small section of the community was a part of, I just want to know the definitive answer. If this is the wrong place I apologize since others seem to be talking about specific changes to the lore map so far, but I'd rather know now than later if V3 is going to remove the small TN contribution to the storyline.

For those few of us who still have surviving characters that transferred from TerraNova's events as well as I suppose those who have characters from that time might consider bringing them back. How exactly do the new lore changes and the new timeline line up with the events of the old D47 uprisings?

Assuming that the third uprising that was held during the Willard V2 beta is part of the excised timeline now, did the other two still happen?

Are miniature "factions" like Liquidators and the White Dove still going to be something that characters can use in their background or is this going to be removed?

If the D47 lore is to be removed, are there any plans to compensate the backstories of characters who would have come from this so that their stories don't have to be completely remade?
Hello,

I will answer this by saying D47 and all of its lore still happened. TN Lore was left 100% intact and alone out of respect for its remaining legacy. So any characters relating to TN, its lore regarding White Doves and its other groups is all still there with only slight adjustment of when they occurred for timeline matching.

So D47 lore is intact since it's a part of lore we did not want gone/rewinded, so its year was changed slightly to avoid conflict. TN lore is also 100% confirmed intact. So characters from said timeline won't face much impact.

I’m fine with having some human involvement, even in regards to the OTA, I just want it to be mostly done by Combine Affiliated humans, if humans are going to be involved which seems to be the direction your going with anyway, so it all works out for me personally.
Yes, this is the general direction I want to head where Combine is in the end the force it is meant to be but Combine Affiliated humans like the IMS and CPRD have some involvement too. Since I have always sat on the line of "Oh, the Combine is powerful and knows a lot of tech but still feels as if a lot of knowledge is still lacking, knowledge that maybe Humans process but they do not"

Since yes the Combine is a giant dimensional empire and knows how to cross dimensions but fails to do something which should be trivial for them like teleportation. Showing that maybe a lot of the tech they have was pretty much a strange amalgamation of reverse-engineering or stealing tech, creating their own, etc while sometimes not even being able to research or create their own techs on what should be a more basic level. It's a bit confusing in its own right and I think the Combine is best shown as its powerful self but should also come across as not entirely all-knowing.

You would think even an AI would eventually be able to figure out Teleportation and explain how one might achieve such but nope. In the land of the Combine one would think they could do anything but in reality they can't.

Another route one could perceive is the Combine may be too advanced for its own good, causing a level of laziness in research thinking they know it all but the truth is that they know but refuse to admit that they can't figure out what should be basic equations to them. As the more advanced you become as a species, the fewer people would care about research or new subjects/topics entering a form of regression which I think pretty much can describe why the Combine can't figure out a lower-level technology of teleportation even when they went multiple steps higher with Dimensional travel.

Anyway, going on a little tangent so will stop now.

As a serious question have we considered scrapping the "Ladder of Administrators" concept and renaming the roles to be more unique? Sectoral Governor, District Proxy and the likes?

I feel like Earth Administrator, Sector Administrator, City Administrator and District Administrator are a bit uninspired...

(Also please rename CPRD to something else. That abbreviation is a trojan horse of miscommunication.)

As a serious question have we considered scrapping the "Ladder of Administrators" concept and renaming the roles to be more unique? Sectoral Governor, District Proxy and the likes?
We've had custom titles / roles before. Most recent being we had a Baron for the Alaskan event that was essentially the City Administrator of Anchorage. I don't mind it being expanded and looked into, personally. Flavour is everything.

Why not just completely remove LFC instead of changing it? You've seen it doesn't work.

Why not just completely remove LFC instead of changing it? You've seen it doesn't work.
If the lore were the problem, then there would be 0 issues since if the lore got removed, then the faction would've lost its core foundation that it originally built itself on.

But the LFC lore is fine and not the cause of any issues of the LFC Faction. The 2 are disconnected from one another as the LFC Faction this entire time has been a singular cell within the LFC main lore that is placed in C24 and only represents about less than 1% of the LFC as a whole. When you say it is shown not to work, that is entirely in relation to its faction not its lore or anything outside of it that one singular ingame cell.

Despite that, they are the only players representing the LFC in their own way and while their actions as a whole don't really reflect the rest of the LFC on the world map, they are still part of it. So would rather keep it since its not my place to go around telling a faction of players they shouldn't exist.

Short Answer: No, the LFC lore is changing but not being removed as it reflects part of what actually happened in the Eastern Rebellions in 2 of the cities and is inherently going to stay in existence. The faction is not the place of the Lore to dictate so that is entirely in their own hands or the hands of the Server Council.

I feel like Earth Administrator, Sector Administrator, City Administrator and District Administrator are a bit uninspired...

(Also please rename CPRD to something else. That abbreviation is a trojan horse of miscommunication.)
Could do, can always change the names to a unique array of leading positions rather than X Administrator. Just a case of figuring out what those names would be with the only one probably staying the same being City Administrator because that pretty much does fit what they are at least. Anything else surrounding it can change.

As for CPRD to be renamed? I don't really see any reason to and never felt as if anyone had anything miscommunicated via its use. So a bit of confusion on that one.

If the lore were the problem, then there would be 0 issues since if the lore got removed, then the faction would've lost its core foundation that it originally built itself on.

But the LFC lore is fine and not the cause of any issues of the LFC Faction. The 2 are disconnected from one another as the LFC Faction this entire time has been a singular cell within the LFC main lore that is placed in C24 and only represents about less than 1% of the LFC as a whole. When you say it is shown not to work, that is entirely in relation to its faction not its lore or anything outside of it that one singular ingame cell.

Despite that, they are the only players representing the LFC in their own way and while their actions as a whole don't really reflect the rest of the LFC on the world map, they are still part of it. So would rather keep it since its not my place to go around telling a faction of players they shouldn't exist.

Short Answer: No, the LFC lore is changing but not being removed as it reflects part of what actually happened in the Eastern Rebellions in 2 of the cities and is inherently going to stay in existence. The faction is not the place of the Lore to dictate so that is entirely in their own hands or the hands of the Server Council.
Come to think of it why are LFC even based in Greenland if the idea was for them to be a main server faction?

Come to think of it why are LFC even based in Greenland if the idea was for them to be a main server faction?
The LFC faction was made long after the Lore. It was never in C24 until LFC faction was made.

Aka, as I said in my previous post the LFC Lore is not related to the actions of the LFC Faction in the main server. The 2 are entirely separate with LFC Faction merely being a minor cell of the lore LFC.

The lore is not the problem.

The lore is not the problem.
Well, there we are; no point mentioning the LFC stuff here.

If you want to make suggestions for LFC, I would recommend faction suggestions

Yeah, apologies on the delayed response - I had some irl things to handle
Well, yes, all characters in a sense will be remade I guess because well, rewinding time and all along the Char wipe due to V3 database when that comes about in a few month's time.

Hope that answers your question.

As for CPRD to be renamed? I don't really see any reason to and never felt as if anyone had anything miscommunicated via its use. So a bit of confusion on that one.

The faction has a long name. People abbreviate it for ease of communication.

You hear CPRD for the first time and learn the character mentioning it is a scientist. You glance at the nexus, then look back to them and hypothesise, "Civil Protection Research Division?..."

Generally when you name something you want to recognize people will try to shorten it as much as possible. It's why you don't want to name a new faction or role in a way that could lead to people needing to specify the other thing. If you have never heard of CPRD you are automatically to assume it is related to Civil Protection.

Because of CP's importance, it's a bit of an oversight that any uninvolved faction can start with its signature letter arrangement. But you now have a chance to correct it.

Hope that helps?

You hear CPRD for the first time and learn the character mentioning it is a scientist. You glance at the nexus, then look back to them and hypothesise, "Civil Protection Research Division?..."

Generally when you name something you want to recognize people will try to shorten it as much as possible. It's why you don't want to name a new faction or role in a way that could lead to people needing to specify the other thing. If you have never heard of CPRD you are automatically to assume it is related to Civil Protection.

Because of CP's importance, it's a bit of an oversight that any uninvolved faction can start with its signature letter arrangement. But you now have a chance to correct it.

Hope that helps?
Honestly all they would have to do if they want to change it is get rid of the C, we know it’s the Combine, why does it need to have it in its name?

Hmm, makes sense. Never really thought of it that way tbh.

Honestly all they would have to do if they want to change it is get rid of the C, we know it’s the Combine, why does it need to have it in its name?
PRD = Public Relations Division :smug:

Combine Terrestrial Research Division would also be applicable.
CTRD = Creative Team Research Division :angrycop:

But yes, jokes aside, will think about the name and which one to use as can just nuke the word "Combine" out of a lot of things tbf.

Back