Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vera Tanović PK Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the people involved in the PK should be more involved in these discussions.
I feel like this arc is still ongoing and making it public just hurts Wray' and others in the long run.
Takes out the mystery in Vera's assassination.
Still, if Kitty wanted to find out why her character got assassinated, they could've asked the perps' in DMs or anywhere else.
Someone like @melodicwaste and @Wraygun should be speaking more and discussing things, I can't even tell what are the arguments for the PK being revoked or denied are so far since this is disorganized.
I did speak to Kitty in DMs, enumerated the exact reasoning. All I got was this answer before I was removed btw. 1790930975319.png
 
My issue with this response is that you're presenting a lot of your opinions as facts.

So, you went onto a terrorists broadcast and incited a riot against the government, a riot then ensued which resulted in...
But they didn't. You go from claiming Kitty is misrepresenting their opinions as facts to doing it in the very next sentence.

Most of your response is subjective, and much of this can be predicated on in-character perspectives.

It's a good discussion on optics, but I wouldn't consider it very relevant to the PK and its appeal, so I'll refrain from going into it (unless provoked).
 
Last edited:
But they didn't. You go from claiming Kitty is misrepresenting their opinions as facts to doing it in the very next sentence.

Most of your response is subjective, and much of this can be predicated on in-character perspectives.

It's a good discussion on optics, but I wouldn't consider it very relevant to the PK and its appeal, so I'll refrain from going into it (unless provoked).
To my understanding the broadcaster was involved in the Molotov cocktail being thrown at Kastel, this was also the IC understanding of events at the time. From our perspective, Vera had allied herself with this man in speaking on his broadcast system just prior to it. Wasn't my intention to be contradictionary but I am explaining how things were viewed from our perspective IC - may they be wrong or right IC, we viewed him as a terrorist and initiated an investigation into tracking him down. The first stage of which was interrogating Vera in the Ministers meeting which she wasn't completely co-operational with to my recollection. She provided a brief description of the man but then left out details which later had to be garnered from her. Though this discrepancy may be because of interruptions to her discussion of the man but there was a lot of "I don't know"'s followed by then elaborating on what she supposedly didn't know.

You see how this contradiction comes across as extremely suspicious to ourselves? Especially after her involvement. Pierre was present in the room during this interrogation which I cannot imagine would have garnered favourable opinion, especially as she was accusing Pierre of lying (Rightly or wrongly) to his face with Kastel and the Ministers present and her story being incredibly inconsistent.

Apologies if the wording of my post was somewhat misaligned - I tried to explain it from how we viewed it IC as opposed to from an OOC perspective - I should have clarified that, that's my mistake.
 
To my understanding the broadcaster was involved in the Molotov cocktail being thrown at Kastel, this was also the IC understanding of events at the time. From our perspective, Vera had allied herself with this man in speaking on his broadcast system just prior to it. Wasn't my intention to be contradictionary but I am explaining how things were viewed from our perspective IC - may they be wrong or right IC, we viewed him as a terrorist and initiated an investigation into tracking him down. The first stage of which was interrogating Vera in the Ministers meeting which she wasn't completely co-operational with to my recollection. She provided a brief description of the man but then left out details which later had to be garnered from her. Though this discrepancy may be because of interruptions to her discussion of the man but there was a lot of "I don't know"'s followed by then elaborating on what she supposedly didn't know.

You see how this contradiction comes across as extremely suspicious to ourselves? Especially after her involvement. Pierre was present in the room during this interrogation which I cannot imagine would have garnered favourable opinion, especially as she was accusing Pierre of lying (Rightly or wrongly) to his face with Kastel and the Ministers present and her story being incredibly inconsistent.

Apologies if the wording of my post was somewhat misaligned - I tried to explain it from how we viewed it IC as opposed to from an OOC perspective - I should have clarified that, that's my mistake.

I do want to add that, while I am not really discussing the merits of this appeal, perception-wise, Vera and others were 100% valid in their apprehension and distrust of the Ministries. The Ministries were, in effect, oligarchic gangs that, by your own admission, did actively plot to assassinate individuals, and that perception goes beyond just Vera.

I think it's perfectly in-character for the Ministries to have acted the way they did and for Vera to have acted the way she did, considering she was effectively dealing with a cartel that, at that point, attempted to rug-pull and control the elections against her, at least when it comes to optics. For that reason, she undermined the Ministries, and framed from that lens, it makes perfect sense why the Ministries would want her gone.

Of course, in retrospect, we know the Ministries were, in fact, rug-pulled themselves by the Precinct, but when it came to actual belief, this was the sentiment. This was also after Shin Okada had passed a decree that effectively monopolized commerce.

As for Vera's association with Chuck Brier, while I agree with your suspicion, I will state that Chuck Brier and Vera had no relationship before or after this, and Vera was basically pawned with zero to do with any of the riots, though I wouldn't call this all that relevant, as actions are predicated on subjective truths, not objective.
 
Last edited:
  • Was the character's death a direct or indirect result of the character's own actions?
    • Yes, both direct and indirectly through a series of previous choices leading up to the final confrontation.
  • Were all server rules followed in the events that led to this character’s death?
    • Yes, I do not see nor have witnessed OOC involvement given the nature of the event.

This appeal is denied. I'll state the reasons here.

Threats of instigation to reach the top whether it involved riots, threats to other characters or factional interference meant a few things were already in motion. I will summarise what links to the PK through a series of green (relative), yellow (orbiting) and red (not relative / not applicable) to the PK.
  • The influence struggle was ongoing, fanned by both the Ministry with CIvil Protection and Vera's juggling over the position of governorship.
  • Character favours not being met - saving someone and not getting something in return isn't really a valid PK reason. Is a citizen going to drag someone out of the fire and tell the burned guy "give me 20 credits or die"? They will not do that, so we won't filter that into the appeal.
  • Grudges developed here are unnecessary. Anyone can hold a grudge.
  • Threats and preservational need. What we're observing is a distinct build-up of apprehension over a series-course of events that unfolded by player-agency.
  • The weapon of deceit was used to finalise this psychological tug of war. Vera didn't secure the influence during a time of crises when stability itself was unravelling. Regardless, this has minimal impact on the PK.
  • Mass groups of people wanted Vera dead, but that is their own gripes. What is subject to conversation will be relevant to the PK.
  • Whether through a poor choice of words or through a series of unsatisfying events that lead to the complete collapse of trust and the growth of suspicion.
  • Indications and exchanges exist for sabotage between the two (or more) characters involved in the PK.
  • Character feuds between Lavoie and Vera escalated to the point of Lavoie killing Vera.
  • The centred reason for the denial, however, is that Vera called out the Ministries on a public broadcast declaring them enemies of the state. This is what started the spiral to begin with, putting many people at risk.
    • "So, you went onto a terrorists broadcast and incited a riot against the government, a riot then ensued which resulted in Pierre almost being killed."
    • Lavoie was aligned closely with the Ministries as well, so... nothing changes.
    • If Lavoie wasn't going to be the one to kill you - the others certainly were going to in the same location.
1790942299110.png

Here's the thing, Kitty.

From the formal perspective of my own interactions which was having to navigate similar crises on a day to day basis. Vera made herself a target by creating too many enemies during a high stakes valuation of leading a collapsing district which could not be saved. The position of governor is not just a means of direction but it requires a pure sense of authority, or pseudo-authority to stand on. Playing the political game and not securing your influence and position is playing Russian Roulette with the vultures.

I'll describe the history. The Ministry was filled with vultures and it was a deliberate choice to avoid elections under crises, while the facilitation of Precinct Satellite turning into Civil Protection was also marred by an internal influence and bidding war between both the previous governorship and Captaincy. This feud was effectively dispersed after the governor position became available. I cannot disclose what the objectives were of the Ministries and the Precinct were, just that they were counter-productive to you.

I've had to deal with navigating those problems personally for two weeks straight similar if not worse conditions. You have to have eyes in the back of your head and a bit of a serpent's tongue as it were. You're putting your character at risk every single day going through such a position whether in public or not.

The same events happened between the Ministries and the Precinct's own ambition triangle became an Ouroboros after Vera got into the deadly game of staredown. Without Vera, I believe the incidents regarding the position may have been somewhat predictable. Whether this is true or not does not matter.

There's also mention of the Clinic Riot which, while you did not instigate the riot specifically - you did help fuel it. You made too many enemies both in the Ministry and Civil Protection, KItty. The cops had big gripes with Vera about that and they were matters left also unresolved and it just boiled down to that final confrontation.

I personally think Vera was a dead woman walking, but that's a matter I'd digress to the others that also faced PKs in similar fashion or were at threat there-of.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top