Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vort Testing Feedback Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hayden
  • Start date Start date
H

Hayden

Guest
Okay, mostly ended with vort W's but this was 110% more balanced than before balance changes, plus generally these kinda balancing tests aren't 100% accurate because people don't value their life and we also can't really guess where people will defend on a map that's unused.

I'ma edit the footage to remove deadair and will then upload. Thankyou to all of you who took part.

Please leave feedback below :)
 
as usual defense= win
high ground= win
attack= lose
such is video game where its gun v gun with nothing else
 
as usual defense= win
high ground= win
attack= lose
such is video game where its gun v gun with nothing else
I'm dyslexic and I saw your name under replies to this thread, and read it as "Ultima Testing Feedback Thread", like wtf, we're testing Ultima?
 
Test basically shows vorts are snipers.
Walk into the outlands facing a prepared vort? You die.
Walk into the apartments? The vort is pretty much fucked.

Rn it seems a vort can 1v1 a cop. Which I suppose is intended.
Pistol seems ok against vorts, SMGs just melt them at close range. Vort cannot really match the damage output in that regard.

Also apparently there's a bug with vort playermodels that cause double/tripple/quadruple hits from the same bullet. Which I suppose played into why SMGs melt them so quickly.

Lastly, energy seems to go down quite quickly. Relying 100% on jumbalaya for that might be a little too much.
Right now, factoring in the damage, a vortigaunt's "ammo" reserve is comparable rougly to a cop with 60-90-ish bullets. So maybe it can be worthwhile to look into smth for vorts that gives them "more ammo" but isn't completely free.
 
Agree with Asimo on this regard, especially on the energy. It drains too quickly in my opinion. Energy is also weird on trying to heal someone, I'm not sure if it's intended, but trying to heal someone with vort energy takes at least more than 50%, which is rather excessive if you ask me.

I also have the feeling that hit registration is wonky on vortbeam. I hit someone nearly point blank range and it did not register at all, causing my death (round 3, flanked around and came up behind a cop, beamed their chest but didnt register). Might be similar to the whole "1 bullet hits 4 times" or something?
 
Back
Top