Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wayde Fairfield - “The Painter”

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheGoodHunter
  • Start date Start date
T

TheGoodHunter

Guest
IMG_2911.png
Wayde Fairfield
“The Painter”

“Propaganda is a double-edged sword. It blinds you, yet it opens your eyes.” - W.F
​


The first memory that ever comes to my mind within my early childhood, holding a paintbrush in my hands and making but a mess of myself on a, formerly, blank canvass. I saw this as art, a masterpiece even. And I sought to become the best artist the world has ever seen. Yet, I have failed to deliver. The ultimate takeover of Earth in the hands of the Combine have allowed many to flourish in their respective form of arts and crafts. And this age brought the birth of technological and artistic geniuses.

What was seen as the destruction of humanity was nothing short of an improvement, a slight inconvenience or halt in development. However, it was only temporary and took nearly but a few months for the Earth to embrace Combine technology. The introduction of this new species led to rebellious behavior spewing in the inner slums of each district of every city of every state and of every country. It was no wonder they had implemented propaganda as a means to allow the average citizen more of an incentivize to side with the Combine.

Propaganda is a tool that allows you to manipulate the mental emotions of a viewer or reader. They can invoke powerful emotions that invoke the readers to perform a specific action, mostly pertaining to allegiance or opposition to or against a specific organization. This popular governmental form of media spanned all the way since 1622 in the sunny coliseums of Rome, simply an act of enlisting a wide army to implore faith and activity. Henceforth, it continued throughout the next few centuries into the 1800s, then the 1900s, then the 2000s, and now 2019. Things have surely changed, that with differing and more modernized looking art styles pouring itself onto the poster.

Bigger, bolder text. Bigger pictures, bigger messages. I have contributed with the mass production of the many poster propaganda you see to this every day, sprawled throughout every city, district, and public sector of this very planet. However, I am not that much of an artistic genius to make them myself, I merely helped with manufacturing and production rather than illustration. Even so, I have the capabilities to make more. And make more I will do. The many citizens, those with horrible, inhumane and rebellious intentions, are beginning to overpopulate and take the attention away from the “true citizens”. And I am one of them.

I will help everyone open their eyes, and open their eyes I will do.




Faction Respect

THE COMBINE
Idolized
“There is nothing short of amazing with these people. I am nothing in their eyes. Only a statistic. Yet everyone was once fascinated with the idea of an American Dream, and showed loyalty to a dying ideology.”


THE CITIZEN
Indifferent
“We are all the same in their eyes. And there is nothing we can change about that.”


THE RESISTANCE
Hated
“Creators run rampant with their creations, soon believing their very own lies and indulging in their work.”


Personal relationships to be added in the future. More to come as I hope to main this character for a long time. May include more descriptions about the character itself soon.​
 
Last edited:
Back
Top