Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bug Weird "ambient" sounds, heard constantly. Wether it's antlion nest, or ones from HL2 coast.

Bounter

Active member
Joined
May 9, 2022
Messages
356
So... This is something I been bothering @boots about for a while, so, decided to ask, in here.

But yeah, in SOME parts of the map, there will be, random-ass sounds, like, Nova Prospekt fly sounds and combine sounds, rat sounds from Sewers in HL2, Antlion Nest sounds (Sandtraps + EP2), etc. etc. Presumably, with no rhyme or reason.

Now... Things I've tried so far:
- Clean_gmaps (or whatever it is)
- Taking off and on, the HL2 games again

I HAVE NOT, tried verifying files, or, removing non-Willard content, since, it is NOT a content issue.

After I removed content from diff server, due to Texture issues / bugs, it was FINE. It's only like 1-2 days, after, that THIS started happening. Now, it doesn't make the game UNPLAYABLE, but it is annoying, and, it seems to have happened, after like, Antlion Nests were around the city. So Idk. It started on 21st of November, so Idk what happened during that time.
 
Can you iterate on specifically where you are encountering these issues? I cannot begin diagnosing if I'm not given a location of where these soundscapes are being triggered. Being general does not help here.
 
Can you iterate on specifically where you are encountering these issues? I cannot begin diagnosing if I'm not given a location of where these soundscapes are being triggered. Being general does not help here.
In parts of Slums and my faction's house Antlion sounds (EP2 / Sandtraps ones, I can't tell). In plaza (Baltic) I have antlion sounds too, these are the most common and most audible.

In some other spots,that I cannot pin-point rn, but I have "breathing + rat sounds" noises in some slum areas too, at least, until I moved elsewhere.
 
Center of Plaza, is HL2 sewer / canal sounds, with rats, breathing, flies etc.
Train Station is the Antlion zone too. Like, Antlion sounds there. Generally, around Train Station entrance and in it, it's antlion sounds.
CWU building, seems normal, it has laundry sounds, from certain Nova Prospekt rooms
 
Also, some other people I met, in LOOC said, they got those issues too.
 
In RUNDOWN APARTMENTS near the Rebel housing, inside of the Slums (ones with the uh, little staircase to the left, where Snow Catcher was) has NO SOUND ISSUES. AT ALL.

So it's not even for ALL PLACES, around the map. Just SOME.
 
Again, your content is conflicting with something else. It works fine for a majority of players, including myself who fixed my broken soundscape issue. This is not a bug with the map.
 
Back
Top