Here are some HL2 RP events I have really enjoyed, though not all of them are from Willard, mind you that these will be shortened because if I talked about everything in the event I would be here all day:
Alplands - An event that took place in the alpine mountains, the characters in the event were union conscripts and union prisoners, it took place after the fall of the combines rule, the conscripts that are still loyal to the combine were tasked with escorting a bunch of prisoners through the alps. I played as one of the prisoners, the character I was playing was imprisoned because they were vocally against the combine rule, refusing to live in the city center and refusing to eat or drink any union products. Because of their hatred of combine food, they chose to learn how to cook xenian food, and they were the only member of the group capable of cooking xenian meat.
Long story short the conscripts shot down a union helicopter that was going to deliver everyone MREs because the conscripts thought the helicopter was an enemy helicopter, and after this the combine cut all support. Because nobody had any food the conscripts decided to eat me, the end.
The Long Haul Part 5 - The final part of the long haul event, it was the only part of the long haul I was able to participate in. The event took place in the KROT facility, a secret underground Russian military research site, the facility was fully locked down after the killer androids in the facility went rouge and killed all the staff. I played as the only surviving member of the research team, the character had gone crazy surviving in the ruins of the facility for months, armed with only a makarov.
A group of rebels came across the facility while trying to escape the OTA, we ended up surviving, traveling into the depths of the KROT facility, fighting both killer androids, giant mutant insects, and OTA. Eventually, we found an escape route, there was a working subway train at the bottom of the facility that we powered on, and an army of OTA came in trying to kill us all in one final push. We managed to escape on the train, ending up in a peaceful little valley where everyone eventually parted ways.
Most if not all of the characters were transferred to the main server, but from what I can tell the character I played is the only character that is still alive, as most of the other players either stopped playing the server or their characters got PKed one way or another.
Rising Sun - One of the more recent events from Willard, the event took place in city 8, residents of city 24 were allowed to temporary relocate there for a week-long vacation, and the character I played (the same character from the long haul event) went to city 8 to visit Willard Industries. After doing some work around the Willard facility he encountered two mysterious scientists working for the CPRD, the two scientists ended up recruiting my character into the CPRD to assist with a very important experiment.
The CPRD was attempting to contain something highly dangerous; Deviator gas. I won't reveal what it is exactly for the sake of metagaming, but the work in the CPRD was incredibly fun, we got to kidnap random citizens from the surface and experiment on them in our secret lab, then we wiped their minds and let them go.
Things went wrong when we experimented on a vortigaunt, and the information was leaked via their collective consciousness. We actually ended up recruiting the vort we tested on into the CPRD, as they were willing to help us contain the gas as they knew how bad it was. Eventually, terrorists breached the lab, leading to the gas escaping and engulfing the entire district. One of the CPRD scientists died trying to contain it ended up sacrificing himself to destroy the gas by blowing up the facility. The destruction of the facility destroyed some of the gas, but not all of it, and the remaining gas overtook the whole district.
All of the citizens in the city were taken into the nexus and later evacuated from the city, all of the surviving characters have been left with PTSD, and speaking of the gas is illegal as it is classified information.
Again, these are all very short summaries of the events, these events (especially the long haul and rising sun) were brilliant, character deaths were emotional and decisions actually had an impact on the story, I hope we get something like them in the future.
oh, I forgot to mention one other event
LEGO STAR WARS - A Willard april fools event, I played as a misprinted lego clone trooper, his armor was colored bright orange, I fought alongside tall lego yoda in the clone wars, fighting classic star wars villains like Darth Dickhead.
I wrote all of this at 1 AM god help me