Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

'Why I ran'

dubik15

Active member
Joined
Oct 27, 2024
Messages
352
"Why I ran"

​
Found inside of 320's locker.
To: Who ever finds this

I’m writing this before the trip on the train with little time to spare. I’ll get to the point: I’m leaving, I have wanted to for a while now. Once the train stops I’ll leave, fade into the woods and never return.

I never wanted to do this, I still don’t. I doubt I will once I’m gone, however I can’t. I just can’t carry on living like this. The things I’ve done and tried to justify, I’ll never forgive myself for them. I’ve betrayed those who I considered my friends, just not to get in trouble. I’ve killed innocence for simply being in the wrong place.

I signed up to fight terrorists, fight warlords like the ones that plagued my country. Yet every day I can’t stop asking myself if I’m becoming the same people I’ve sworn to fight against. I signed up to protect the people, yet I'm the one that’s their biggest threat.

A week ago an experience reminded me of my first week in the garrison. And I can’t stop thinking about the this week. I had a weird week, not that I didn't enjoy it but it was different. Different to the usual initial week most units experience as a recruit. I was sent directly into the outlands to a small depot and tasked with protecting its inhabitants. Unlike my time in the city this place was a place where we weren't tasked with killing, and instead protecting, building and helping.

This reminder, a universe outside of our own. It was alien to us all, rebel, loyalist and even Civil Protection. We all worked side by side for survival, survival from our own forces. Yes, that’s right the benefactors we were sworn to serve were the enemy that we had to fight and flee. Whatever that thing was, it wanted to use us, it didn't care for us, it simply wanted to use us for it's own gain. For it we were simple ants in a war between superpowers. So if they did not care for us then, why should they now?

There was a time I truly believed all this was worth it, there was a time I honestly hoped that all my actions would end up helping the world. I saw the infrastructure built, I saw the railroads established, I saw new cities being built from nothing. But I failed to take into account their purpose. They were not built to benefit the people, no. They were built with the sole purpose of extracting wealth.

I’ve done some despicable things that no other person would think of. Against his own wishes I implanted false hopes, memories and loyalties directly into a close friend's brain. Neither of us wanted this, however orders were clear, and I was forced to follow.

So that’s why I’ve decided to leave, not fight. I refuse to fight for either opportunist. My country was already destroyed once by opportunists attempting to seize power. And I won't be blindly loyal to the same type of people that destroyed my homeland. You will not see me again, that is certain. You won't see me fighting with you, or against you. Once gone I’ll throw away my rifle for good.


-Aminata Koroma​
 
Last edited:
WORK IN PROGRESS
Adding more soon!
Feel free to utilize the already existing text IC
​
 
🔥 Read, Go get it Three, Maybe Archimedes will finally perch alongside you as a friend
 
Back
Top