Official Willard Game Plan

skxRgxYZ3_aIREU0EdP0apFkLBhS8aAtoWn5GxYJK4l1zZRc-D3pG-2lF_mdJejaQfFBzmGjwrt4kpQd1Cn4jjqbz5-xUaJLBFeqxu4qs4-9cxYbWkUBabXg3uN1YxGTCWcm5zNx

Willard Game Plan

I'd like to share with everyone a "broad stroke" view of our long-term development plans. Below you can see a couple of cards with updates we're either working on or have on our todo list. In-between there'll be other additions/updates, these listed are the more "broad" ones planned for the future. The updates will not be following the order as shown below, they are representations of what we'd like to do and not their timeframe :approve:

COMPLETE

arccw_complete.jpg
rebels_complete.jpg
models_complete.jpg
vort.jpg
cross_server.jpg
progression.jpg
enlightenment.jpg
economy.jpg
map%20routine.jpg

More information will be made available when we're closer to the various updates and such, some are still in early concept development and keep in mind some of these may change over time as development shifts and swings before stuff is set in stone. Feel free to ask questions!

Last edited:
Some of you may bring questions as to what's happening with cross-server-plugins and outlands / canals.

I will iterate that when the idea is completed and implemented, it will be sustained as a permanent server, but only open at specific intervals before it closes again appropriately. This means that when moving to and from, the rebels can be intercepted by the Combine when travelling to and from the servers, and vice-versa. This is your game of cat and mouse coming into play and the canals will be a bridging gap between each element.

Given the rebel whitelist is underway for its construction and the inherent necessities detailed above, each person will be able too connect to and from the outlands server and back to the city when the appropriate timing is eligible for doing so via server portals. Some of you will recognise this from years gone by in previous generational iterations of HL2RP when it was ran on Clockwork, albeit in a very primitive state.

This should clear up any confusion as to whether or not canals / outlands is there as a 24-7 walk in server. The intentions to which it was always meant to be sustained is made to allow exploration into parts unknown, and then reset depending on map.

Very excited about the economy update. It's part of what I've wanted to see for a long time. I think once people are accustomed to it, it will do many favours for the server

Looking forward to getting stranded in the outlands (A GM forced us to do an event workshift there)

Very nice. Looking forward to some certain things.

Model Update, Economy Update, Servers, and the phone stuff look cool.

Make sure I get my payphones added in!!

Back