Servo Ten
New member
- Joined
- Nov 20, 2021
- Messages
- 5
- Thread Author
- #1
I was at a Walmart right around the time I started here at Willard when an urge of nostalgia urged me into the toy aisles. There I found these GI Joe figures that made me suddenly think of my old TnB character who was a resistance scout/sniper in City 8. Short hair and a vague mcshooty outfit? They have stupid angled belts, but they're four less things to make myself. All it'll take is some Greenstuff, some heat to make the nose look once broken and some paint and it could be a perfect representation. I've never done custom stuff at this scale before but whatever. Left's CP vest is just starting to get made.

I got the other one for a masculine, direct confrontation type of rebel for contrast but he's not a specific character except maybe "hl2rp donator rebel". He's to have an OTA vest but I'm still undecided as to what kind and from what city.

I'm paying attention to the figure's original posing and so some proportions aren't exact. For instance, the collar on either character's vests are a little too big but this was done to allow the most posing options. Since Right's collar is a bit big, could it get away with being from an Elite Soldier? I'm approaching the point where I need to decide on a few things. I made the top OTA marshmallow pad finish significantly lower than the chin more like in the rebel concept art above, but I'm wondering if it's too low anyway. I'm planning on repainting Left and Right's pants as well. The base colour is that army green so painting joints is going to be tricky so I have that to look forward to.
So, Left is strictly a TnB City 8 character and everything has been decided, but Right isn't as specific so I can pay tribute to Willard's HL2RP with him. What specific details can I add to Mr Right to make him look like he's from Willard's City 24? I'm not restricted to GMod so I can be open ended. What kind of colours/camo pattern would be suitable on the OTA vest? I might do the Lambda on the chest or I could do something more unique to Willard instead.
What kind of OTA vest and from what city?
Is there anything to make him look more local to C24?
Should I build up the top part of the OTA vest to be more snug to the chin like the hl2 soldier?

I got the other one for a masculine, direct confrontation type of rebel for contrast but he's not a specific character except maybe "hl2rp donator rebel". He's to have an OTA vest but I'm still undecided as to what kind and from what city.

I'm paying attention to the figure's original posing and so some proportions aren't exact. For instance, the collar on either character's vests are a little too big but this was done to allow the most posing options. Since Right's collar is a bit big, could it get away with being from an Elite Soldier? I'm approaching the point where I need to decide on a few things. I made the top OTA marshmallow pad finish significantly lower than the chin more like in the rebel concept art above, but I'm wondering if it's too low anyway. I'm planning on repainting Left and Right's pants as well. The base colour is that army green so painting joints is going to be tricky so I have that to look forward to.
So, Left is strictly a TnB City 8 character and everything has been decided, but Right isn't as specific so I can pay tribute to Willard's HL2RP with him. What specific details can I add to Mr Right to make him look like he's from Willard's City 24? I'm not restricted to GMod so I can be open ended. What kind of colours/camo pattern would be suitable on the OTA vest? I might do the Lambda on the chest or I could do something more unique to Willard instead.
What kind of OTA vest and from what city?
Is there anything to make him look more local to C24?
Should I build up the top part of the OTA vest to be more snug to the chin like the hl2 soldier?
