Galunga Prince
1725640411899.png

Event Idea and conception by LyingFox, logo from Call of Duty, World at War ©

image0005.png
OVERVIEW
World at War
is an event based on our history of world-war two,
mainly on June 6th, 1944. (D-DAY)

Added on, this event is HEAVILY DIRECTED ONTO S2K.

The event has several sections below explaining some roles,
base day0 passive locations and such other extra items needed.
There will be NO "LORE" LISTED, since adding in any form of
lore into this is pretty much a history lesson..

As well as another detail, there will be no "base" roles for people to
grab, everyone starts off as a Private and from there they have to
speak to a service liaison (gm) to discuss open roles and training
they have to endure.

Everything below is subject to heavy modification, as well as
heavy inspiration from With Fire and Sword via layout.

(Though, of course if you want a lesson, click here.)

LOCATION(S)
1725641997060.png
BOOT CAMP

Every good soldier needs their training, right?

This "Camp" will of course, be the DAY-0, as in the first day for passive and training.
For simplicity, GM's will be able to play drill instructors, training the players.

As the player, this will open up to form bonds and hates on other players as they all
interact with one another, this will also let players get used to the feel of the weapons
aka firearms on add-ons that they'll use with a shooting range.

This of course, allows GM's to also have a bit of fun, aka; yelling at anyone who fucks
up in the slightest.. Just like the real thing!

ALERT!

Due to poor feedback even from the first fourth of it all.. I'll just stop writing in my tracks and take the L.
Turns out, people don't want to see this sort of event, or rather the style of it I invisioned.

If there are any Short-Story staff members that want to see this finished, please send me a message.
Until then, I will not be continuing this for the sake of my time, and yours.

Thank you for your time to view the first written part.

Last edited:
I don't think I'd enjoy roleplaying in one of the most combat-centric portions of the Second World War that almost anyone in the West knows about. The character development opportunities are slim and only tropes would really shine, because that comes with the environment given. Going with World War Two, that also has a pretty 'meh' view from a GMOD POV Considering the few WW2 models in existence aren't really quality and much of the WW2 roleplayers on GMOD get mad when others have different political beliefs from them.

Why not another, more obscure part of that war? Something creative instead of following history? What if we were in Stalingrad, somewhere in the isolated Pacific, or in the Yugoslav theatre which was more of a civil war than a greater war? Hell, start off the roleplay with a Chetnik funeral getting ambushed by a group of Partisans, that'd be interesting to see the aftermath, but again, heavy precedence on combat and not enough emphasis on character.

You said it yourself that the event will be S2K Orientated, if that's the case, how do you intend on roleplaying if each opposing side is too busy shooting at each other? Why does it have to be WW2? It's not related to Willards or HL2RP in any way shape or form. I understand Short stories hold events that aren't related to Willard or HL2RP, but those are usually fiction or set in alternate timelines. Why do we need to re-enact history? The Bootcamp is going to be entirely composed of one faction. There will be no interaction between the Allied and Axis aside from gunfire.

Doesn't seem like a good pitch to me, I'll pass.

I don't think I'd enjoy roleplaying in one of the most combat-centric portions of the Second World War that almost anyone in the West knows about. The character development opportunities are slim and only tropes would really shine, because that comes with the environment given. Going with World War Two, that also has a pretty 'meh' view from a GMOD POV Considering the few WW2 models in existence aren't really quality and much of the WW2 roleplayers on GMOD get mad when others have different political beliefs from them.

Why not another, more obscure part of that war? Something creative instead of following history? What if we were in Stalingrad, somewhere in the isolated Pacific, or in the Yugoslav theatre which was more of a civil war than a greater war? Hell, start off the roleplay with a Chetnik funeral getting ambushed by a group of Partisans, that'd be interesting to see the aftermath, but again, heavy precedence on combat and not enough emphasis on character.

i will gladly take this in mind.. expect another event suggestion soon.

RPing an historically accurate warfare such as WW2 is almost impossible as the rate of survival is extremely low, you loose your identity and are in a bigger organism attempting to break into enemy lines, if a single cell dies there's little difference so there's also less RP

Back