Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Accepted XENIAN MALIGNANCY: The Yosemites

Light

Radio Bob Approved
(Pronounced Yos-eh-mites, Yosemite pronounced Yos-em-ity)
1641072771923.png
ABOVE: YOSEMITE PRIOR TO MALIGNANCE

Hundreds of miles within the Xenian Malignancy, even within the direct vicinity of the Carson City epicentre, the former Yosemite National Park. A seemingly unimportant stretch of land now that it is currently infested with the consuming biomass that is the Malignancy on America's Western Coast. Even its famous landscape has been ruined by the rolling Xenian flora and fauna cutting through the cliffs - leaving the site a husk of its former self.

Yet, orbital and the occasional aerial signatures and sight-lines from Union delegates paint a much different picture to the rest of the malignancy. Creatures much different from any encountered on Earth, Xen, or elsewhere before. Large communities of unknown entities with an amalgamation of features that can be traced to Earth animals, Xenian Fauna and some missing link between them. Several communities camped here in the cliffs almost resemble human beings.
IT MUST BE NOTED THAT THESE INSTANCES ARE RAPIDLY REPRODUCING AND ARE BEGINNING TO COVER MORE AND MORE SECTIONS OF THE VALLEY.

The instances do not occur elsewhere in the Malignancy let alone any place on Earth, strangely only within this isolated perimeter. What's more, they seem to ignore the Malignancy and all that make it up, even feral headcrabs seem to leave the weakest of these creatures to their own devices. The creatures are also heavily congregated together within the cliffs of Yosemite, with scarce few ever venturing outside of a shelter or nest except to establish new ones elsewhere in the valley.

As of yet, no DNA nor corpses for dissection have been retrieved by the Union, but it is suspected that humans are somehow incorporated within them due to their communal lifestyle and resemblance to humans in the way of appearance of intelligence. It is also theorized that these creatures may, in some way, be involved with the Genesis Pit due to their close proximity to the site.

The origin of these instances is completely unknown and warrants investigation, but the malignancy will surely hamper any developments in this area. Orbital surveillance will continue to monitor the activity in the area.

Addendum 1: The instances have been rapidly changing even amongst members of the same phenotype grouping, developing some sort of ranged capability that has been used to destroy overhead gunships. It seems the creatures have rapidly evolved in order to combat our aerial surveillance operations.

NO INCURSIONS ARE TO OCCUR WITHIN THE YOSEMITE ZONE FROM ORBIT OR AIR, SEVERAL ORBITAL AND AERIAL SURVEY UNITS HAVE BEEN DESERVICED DUE TO UNKNOWN BIOLOGICAL INCURSIONS - INVESTIGATION ABORTED - REMAIN CLEAR OF AIRSPACE.

This lore suggestion is made entirely to spice up the emptiness of the Xenian Malignance Zone which I feel has a lot of potential, its only a rough idea of what I think something like this could be and was kind of inspired by the Phoenix Point pandorans, which are humans that are mutated with the DNA of aquatic creatures like crabs.
By the way, I'm not some artist so I haven't got any cool pictures I visualise them at for you, so its mainly to visualise.
Maybe Yosemite is some some sort of breeding ground with the threat of the rapid exodus of these monsters being a threat for the remaining cities on the American continent.
1641134975170.png

Last edited:
explosion-nuclear-bomb.gif

1641076863027.png
**POV: You're strolling through Yosemite and see this**

Back