Nothing to do with the content, but moreso your PC/internet connection struggling to join.
Make sure you don't minimize the game while loading in, also try switching to the x86-64 Chromium Branch.
Indeed, an upgrade might be in order. I think it helps to have a lot of RAM as well as a powerful CPU in order to make loadtimes shorter.
As for an interim solution, if you are on Windows: I suggest you open task manager prior to joining the server and closing any processes not currently being used. After that, please set the hl2.exe priority to high.
Closing this as it's not exactly a bug. You're always free to reach out if you have any connectivity issues. We do have minimum specifications for a reason though (see the FAQ) and I'm afraid I cannot help if you don't meet them.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.