Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OTA & CP voicelines extended

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chico
  • Start date Start date
C

Chico

Guest
What? Add a few more overwatch voicelines from Half-life: Alyx.



Exemple:

"Stop now" - 0:07
"Parasitic infestation confirmed" - 0:26
"Gross" - 0:50
"Back to sleep" - 0:58
"Don't...Move..." - 1:30
"Uhhh...no can do" - 3:51
"Friendly confirmed, cease fire!" - 4:05
"You can come out now." - 4:16
"God damn it" - 2:34

Overwatch pain/agony noises - 4:35 to 5:00 (Not necessarily panic but more like the impulsive noises a human organism would make when experiencing drastic pain/agony).

"Attention hostile target, we can help you!" (Taunt) - 4:13

(Maybe, just maybe) Laughing noises - 2:27 to 2:32

Why? Because, although we already have a plenty, there are a couple cool voicelines that apply to common scenarios and would be cool as heck to have them.

How? Through dev work. I'm sure there are more files from the ones you guys extracted before.

Anyways, discuss and give out your opinion on this if you want.

I personally think this would sound cool especially for non-combat/passive situations. Also adds more immersion to the bipolar life of an OTA soldier who lives in between being a human and a robot.
 
Last edited:
the real confusion starts when a RL tries to fakeout the enemy and the cps actually hold their fire
 
I have requested this several times over the past year. Robert said it was too much effort with not enough payoff. From what I gather, more OTA voice lines from HLA are not seen as “worthy” (for lack of a better term) of the development time necessary to get them implemented and working — which is strange, considering TN had them and we have the TN code. If we don’t actually have them, I know a guy who has them all ready for use in HELIX.

But I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Maybe you’ll get an extra few voice lines, but OTA is at the rock bottom of the priority list.
 
Last edited:
I have requested this several times over the past year. Robert said it was too much effort with not enough payoff. From what I gather, more OTA voice lines from HLA not seen as “worthy” (for lack of a better term) of the development time necessary to get them implemented and working — which is strange, considering TN had them and we have the TN code. If we don’t actually have them, I know a guy who has them all ready for use in HELIX.

But I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Maybe you’ll get an extra few voice lines, but OTA is at the rock bottom of the priority list.

I mean they added suspect is funny lol
 
adding extra voicelines for OTA when they barely even use any, is a bit redundant. Adding more VCs for CPs is far more rational.
 
adding extra voicelines for OTA when they barely even use any, is a bit redundant. Adding more VCs for CPs is far more rational.

oh i said OTA because thats what i play but by all means extend these to CPs too


in fact...there fixed
 
I'll put a positive note in and say that when the more primary work is out of the way, we can look into Quality of Life, again. In case any of the developers would like to look at the suggestion, we'll leave it open. Though I see more and more people avoiding VCs as much as possible, so will it be a double edged suggestion?
 
I'll put a positive note in and say that when the more primary work is out of the way, we can look into Quality of Life, again. In case any of the developers would like to look at the suggestion, we'll leave it open. Though I see more and more people avoiding VCs as much as possible, so will it be a double edged suggestion?
Overwatch, Suspect appears to be very fucking funny, He's so funny that I think he deserves some kind of trophy.
 
I'm gonna say no to this atm as we have other priorities and a backlog to go through

DENIED
 
Back
Top