- Thread Author
- #1
Currently the willard soundtrack consists of songs that I believe take away from the atmosphere, I am suggesting that we add more depressing songs such as "Mental Caverns Without Sunshine" by the caretaker.
The Current songs on willard to dont scream depression, they yell 'Sadness' and they are from other works, for example I will be walking around minding my business when all of a sudden I hear the song from the Joker and that takes me out of RP as I think "huh joker song". Adding songs from the Caretaker would completely take away from that as not many films/TVs shows have used the Caretakers music.
Here is an example:
This song gives you the overall feel of dread and unease, it makes you feel more as if you are trapped in the dark, it gives you a feeling in your gut that you cant quite describe but you just know it is negative.
Here is a piece used in the server:
This song is from the movie 'Joker (2019)' and it is used to accompany the 'Bathroom dance' Scene. The music is used to amplify the eeriness of the dance that Arthur Fleck does in the bathroom, the dance is meant to show Arthur Flecks complete transformation into 'The Joker'.
Both pieces are good however one of them is made for a specific scene in a movie whilst the other one is sad and gloomy. The difference in the tracks is huge as one is signifies Depression and Dementia while the other one is used to accompany a specific scene for a specific movie.
It would also be nice for music to be used less often, simply just turn the music off as while it is nice I would much rather hear city ambiance over that one clone wars song for the 100th time. Music should be a more event based thing as it does indeed take away from the feel of the server to an EXTENT.
The Current songs on willard to dont scream depression, they yell 'Sadness' and they are from other works, for example I will be walking around minding my business when all of a sudden I hear the song from the Joker and that takes me out of RP as I think "huh joker song". Adding songs from the Caretaker would completely take away from that as not many films/TVs shows have used the Caretakers music.
Here is an example:
This song gives you the overall feel of dread and unease, it makes you feel more as if you are trapped in the dark, it gives you a feeling in your gut that you cant quite describe but you just know it is negative.
Here is a piece used in the server:
This song is from the movie 'Joker (2019)' and it is used to accompany the 'Bathroom dance' Scene. The music is used to amplify the eeriness of the dance that Arthur Fleck does in the bathroom, the dance is meant to show Arthur Flecks complete transformation into 'The Joker'.
Both pieces are good however one of them is made for a specific scene in a movie whilst the other one is sad and gloomy. The difference in the tracks is huge as one is signifies Depression and Dementia while the other one is used to accompany a specific scene for a specific movie.
It would also be nice for music to be used less often, simply just turn the music off as while it is nice I would much rather hear city ambiance over that one clone wars song for the 100th time. Music should be a more event based thing as it does indeed take away from the feel of the server to an EXTENT.